Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New van soon and islands trip

N

NZCol

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all - our relocation relocation is all sorted and we're tipping up in edinburgh in a matter of weeks. With a nice 2.5 months off work we will be collecting our new van, sorting out a house and then having a good strop round the highlands and islands.
We've ordered a Night Blue 4Motion manual with mfsw, climatronic, xenons, bluetooth, delete electric door, Timaru alloys, black awning, lowered -30mm, mudflaps & towbar. I'm sure there are other things. This is our second Cali, our other one is staying in NZ with its new owner. Should be fun.

I was in the VW Wellington dealership on Saturday and mentioned you. Seems the Cali is a rare beast in NZ and not a lot of demand for it. I suppose it's expensive compared to the conversions and on the small side for weeks of touring. (I know you did it.)

Less than a month before mine arrives now.

Andy

I reckon its the best size actually as you cuold get it into some spots that normal campers couldn't. Yes indeed though, very rare and VW utterly utterly clueless about it. You'll have a ball when yours arrives.

NZCol said:
I reckon its the best size actually as you cuold get it into some spots that normal campers couldn't. Yes indeed though, very rare and VW utterly utterly clueless about it. You'll have a ball when yours arrives.
Agree with that. So many people hire massive camper vans and then spend their time on 'NZ Top 10' camp sites and use all the facilities. Perhaps only using the camper for the occasional meal; god forbid using the shower and having to clean it after :lol:

If VW NZ really thought about it, the Beach in 5 to 7 seat layout is a far better vehicle than the multi van for Kiwis and the outdoor lifestyle.

Andy

We toured both Islands in 1999/2000 - I would have LOVED a Cali to do that trip in and I reckon it would have needed to be 4Motion; some of the road surfaces were rather "interesting!"

Hi NZcol, would you happen to be the same NZcol that frequents a certain Mtb forum?

extentdweller said:
Hi NZcol, would you happen to be the same NZcol that frequents a certain Mtb forum?

Is that a 'Motor Torpedo Boat' - shows my age :laugh2

Andy

Hi NZCol

Send us some pics - sounds a dream! Would have liked Black but being practical got in the way so ordered WHITE instead! :crazy

Julian

Back