Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New travel restrictions

Time to start rating dealers based on their CSR (Corporate "Social Responsibility") as well? Sending a driver and then leaving him/her to find their own way back home is pretty dire in my view.

When Breeze had to send me a replacement van for my delayed delivery, they sent an accompanying car/driver to get the van driver back ... if not all the way back, at least to the nearest train station.
They outsource it to a different company. The driver gets buttons when you take out his costs for taxis and trains. I think, unfortunately, it's not an uncommon model.

However, day trips for exercise or recreation seems to be actively encouraged
Interestingly the National Trust' outdoor spaces are able to remain open this time.

1604413504087.png

I think I’ll leave it a few weeks. I don’t want to be one of those unfortunate people stuck in mike long traffic queues up to snowden.

They outsource it to a different company. The driver gets buttons when you take out his costs for taxis and trains. I think, unfortunately, it's not an uncommon model.

Isn’t that why you often had hitch hikers holding trade plates years ago? They got paid the travel fare but they were trying to save the cash to supplement their days pay.

Wasdale National Trust camp site should be open?
But I don’t think I’ll make it there and back in a day. So would need to recuperate by having an eight hour sleep ?
Would that suffice Officer ?:thumb

No all campsites are shut from Wednesday, it NT gardens & open spaces that are staying open.

Rules say no overnight stays, so sleep during the day & keep moving at night?

Time to start rating dealers based on their CSR (Corporate "Social Responsibility") as well? Sending a driver and then leaving him/her to find their own way back home is pretty dire in my view.

When Breeze had to send me a replacement van for my delayed delivery, they sent an accompanying car/driver to get the van driver back ... if not all the way back, at least to the nearest train station.
I know a couple of people in my Golf Society who deliver vehicles for a living. Yes they have to make their own way home but they are given expenses for the return journey. The guys you see hitchhiking with a set of trade plates under their arm are just pocketing those expenses.

I know a couple of people in my Golf Society who deliver vehicles for a living. Yes they have to make their own way home but they are given expenses for the return journey. The guys you see hitchhiking with a set of trade plates under their arm are just pocketing those expenses.

Every delivery driver that I have dealt with has been a retired professional doing it for a bit of pocket money or just to get out the house for a bit. I don't think you can make much of a living delivering these days.

Every delivery driver that I have dealt with has been a retired professional doing it for a bit of pocket money or just to get out the house for a bit. I don't think you can make much of a living delivering these days.
Agree. Should have said the guys I know are retired and are doing it for the reasons you suggest :)

Rules say no overnight stays, so sleep during the day & keep moving at night?

I said that to a mate the yesterday.
We could sit in the van drinking all night have a power nap in the day.
What really constitutes an overnight stay...? Is it sleeping...? If you stay awake for a weekend isn’t that really just a very long day...

What really constitutes an overnight stay...? Is it sleeping...? If you stay awake for a weekend isn’t that really just a very long day...

I think it's safe to say that "stay" means "remaining in one place". You're getting confused with the cad's response to the question: "Did you sleep with that woman?".
:upsidedown

We will have to wait until the legal text is published on Thursday, but the new Gov.uk guidance referred to at the top of this thread says you must live at your “primary residence”.

If this is the basis for the law, the Cornish may sleep easy. Anyone who has evacuated to their holiday home can be reported to the police for deportation to their measly studio flat with no garden in a virus ridden neighbourhood. Keep those keys in your pockets, that out-of-town Range Rover doesn’t need etch decorations.

Last edited:
Isn’t that why you often had hitch hikers holding trade plates years ago? They got paid the travel fare but they were trying to save the cash to supplement their days pay.
Yes exactly. Gave one a lift once and he was especially pleased as it meant that he would be first back to collect the 'kitty' for the first one back on top of pocketing the rail fare that he'd saved.

The bloke that owns amazon might disagree lol

Legal text

Not good news for the Cornish, I'm afraid.

Section 5(1)
No person may leave or be outside of the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

i.e. If you are already living in a Cornish second home before midnight Wednesday/Thursday you MUST remain there and not leave without reasonable excuse.

However, returning to your primary residence is an option under exception 11.

Section 6(15)
Exception 11 is that it is reasonably necessary for P to be outside P’s home to enable P to return home from any place where P was on holiday immediately before these Regulations came into force.

It is interesting that returning home from a Cornish second home is optional not mandatory.

I think that the M5/A30 might be busy tonight and tomorrow.

Last edited:
I always try to offer those guys a lift.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Gov.uk has published new guidance for restrictions proposed to come into force from 5 November. For California owners a very relevant section is this:

However, day trips for exercise or recreation seems to be actively encouraged

But travel should be local:

Note that all the above is guidance and quite possibly not all will be enshrined in law.

I returned from doing the NC500 and a few side trips, just before Lock-down. Great trip.

All these restrictions are pointless and nonsensical anyway. Covid is no. 24 in the list of things that kill Brits these days and many medical experts say the whole thing is more or less over, with empty hospitals, empty testing stations etc.

I returned from doing the NC500 and a few side trips, just before Lock-down. Great trip.

All these restrictions are pointless and nonsensical anyway. Covid is no. 24 in the list of things that kill Brits these days and many medical experts say the whole thing is more or less over, with empty hospitals, empty testing stations etc.
Have you just left the golf course with Trump? even Fox News wouldn’t stand by your last statement.

Can you tell us which medical experts are saying this, please?

Have to disagree, wife’s a nurse and the cases in her hospital are raising every day.
a month ago around 20 cases. Today up to a number of 87 positive Covid patients in one hospital, all needing HDU or ITU. West Midlands.

Tell that to my friends mum who was taken to hospital on Wednesday evening and placed on a ventilator with covid.
I’m sure if she was able to speak without some fat plastic tube Down her throat she would tell you what she thought of your post

Back