Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to Cali - but not small camper

K

Karsten

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,
My name is Karsten and I'm living in Denmark. My wife and I are waiting to get our new California Ocean 150DSG on March 15.th.

It will be our first Cali - but some years ago we owned a Mercedes Viano Marco Polo. We loved this type of car, but the 2004 Mercedes had bad quality - rust after 4-5 years being the worst problem. We sold it and settled for normal cars for some years but we allways wanted to have a car/camper of this type again.

We are looking forward to many day tours, vacations and more.

Hi,
My name is Karsten and I'm living in Denmark. My wife and I are waiting to get our new California Ocean 150DSG on March 15.th.

It will be our first Cali - but some years ago we owned a Mercedes Viano Marco Polo. We loved this type of car, but the 2004 Mercedes had bad quality - rust after 4-5 years being the worst problem. We sold it and settled for normal cars for some years but we allways wanted to have a car/camper of this type again.

We are looking forward to many day tours, vacations and more.
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Don’t forget to post pictures of your new California. I’m sure you will have many great adventures.

Welcome allong !

Welcome to the forum! Denmark is a wonderful country, look forward to hearing more from you in the forum :) Happy travels!

I too had a Marco Polo, also 2004 and with rust problems. I also found it noisy on long journeys, I now have a T5 California which I have been very pleased with so I have ordered a new T6 Ocean which is coming at the end of this month. I also find the VW community much more helpful and I hope you will too.

Tom

:welcome Hope you enjoy your Cali as much as we do. And do post some pictures!

Thank you all :D

I'll post pictures (well - I'm a part time photographer - I probably won't be able to resist it anyway ;-) ) as soon as we have our Cali :)

I too had a Marco Polo, also 2004 and with rust problems. I also found it noisy on long journeys, I now have a T5 California which I have been very pleased with so I have ordered a new T6 Ocean which is coming at the end of this month. I also find the VW community much more helpful and I hope you will too.

Tom
The Mercedes 4-cyl diesels aren't very smooth and despite massive noise insulation, the Marco Polo was quite noisy. We changed the tyres to reduce road noise, and it made quite a difference. I hope the California's more quiet (it comes with noise reducing windows).

The Mercedes 4-cyl diesels aren't very smooth and despite massive noise insulation, the Marco Polo was quite noisy. We changed the tyres to reduce road noise, and it made quite a difference. I hope the California's more quiet (it comes with noise reducing windows).
I am sure you will find it is altogether more civilised. I too swapped tyres on my Marco Polo and it did improve things a little.

Tom

Back