Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Good idea. We did that with the last new car we bought. The dealer wasn’t very happy not being able to hand it over without cleaning it, but I’ve had issues in the past where someone has “cleaned” the brand new car with what must have been similar to a Brillo pad :oops:
We had the exact same problem.
Wife’s black Evoque, they cleaned it with a wet microfibre cloth dipped in sand and dust.
The swirls were really bad, LR stumped up £500 for a whole day of polishing and letter removal and replacement to remove the swirls.

Mark, is that a pearlescent black 4 motion with the sports pack?
it is pearl black 4-motion but no sports pack.. the black wheels and awesome tires I bought myself and had them transferred onto the new van... if you are interested I did a video about them when I put them on the old van... (below)... interestingly, this now looks like it needs lowering by 30cm, but once the van is loaded with kit it sinks into the suspension. I'll try to do a before and after pic as I load the van up tomorrow.

And here he is, home at last, apparently 1 week under 12 months. I'll do a walk through /kit out video over the coning days. Good luck to those still waiting.

View attachment 99958
hoping to get the solar panels on tomorrow, 2 x 100w, and some colour into the interior... plus dashcam hard wire and temporary seat covers. I hope it doesn't rain.

hoping to get the solar panels on tomorrow, 2 x 100w, and some colour into the interior... plus dashcam hard wire and temporary seat covers. I hope it doesn't rain.
Have fun !
I have 4 or 5 weeks to wait for the same.
Pearl Black 4M Ocean.
Can’t believe how good it looks.

It’s built :bananadance2 It’s finally built and “is at the port of exit”.
It’s still at the port :headbang Having missed the summer, we were really hoping it would be here for our trip to Wales on the 10th October, but even that seems unlikely now :(

Very happy to share some pics of my new favourite thing - a recently delivered Ocean, Starlight Blue with Sports and Chrome packs. Order placed in late September 2021. We had some issues with bodywork scuffs and scrapes and a couple of interior problems, but happily that's all been resolved now, so we can get on with enjoying the van.

We are off to Scotland next week for a few days so will get to use it in earnest then. I hope those of you still waiting receive good news soon.

Van Picture 1.jpg

Van Picture 2.jpg

Van Picture 3.png

Very happy to share some pics of my new favourite thing - a recently delivered Ocean, Starlight Blue with Sports and Chrome packs. Order placed in late September 2021. We had some issues with bodywork scuffs and scrapes and a couple of interior problems, but happily that's all been resolved now, so we can get on with enjoying the van.

We are off to Scotland next week for a few days so will get to use it in earnest then. I hope those of you still waiting receive good news soon.

View attachment 99977

View attachment 99978

View attachment 99979
“Bodywork scuffs & scrapes” - that frightens the heck out of me!! I’m really fussy so I’m dreading any issues like that. Which dealer did you use and did they admit to doing the damage or was it in transit?
Beautiful looking van btw!

“Bodywork scuffs & scrapes” - that frightens the heck out of me!! I’m really fussy so I’m dreading any issues like that. Which dealer did you use and did they admit to doing the damage or was it in transit?
Beautiful looking van btw!
I saw this advice on other threads and regret not taking it: if at all possible, pick up the van and don’t opt for delivery, even if it’s an inconvenience, even if it means waiting a bit longer. I’m not quite sure how the issues came to be, but when it was taken off the low loader and plonked on my driveway there were quite a few scuffs and one scratch on the body work. I’m also a real stickler for detail so my heart really sank. But, the dealer was good at getting it all rectified with minimal hassle.

It’s still at the port :headbang Having missed the summer, we were really hoping it would be here for our trip to Wales on the 10th October, but even that seems unlikely now :(
Fingers crossed for you... Or first night out on our last van was at minus one... Very doable with the diesel heater... Albeit a britstop pub for a nice hot meal.

View attachment 99977

View attachment 99978

View attachment 99979
Nice, like the chrome pack, might have to look into that... Playing with interior colours before commiting to leather.... I think it's going to be a warm orange, but with some graphic wrap on the tabletop.

PXL_20220930_101014644.jpg

PXL_20220930_100939662.jpg

To all the hopefulls (including me), the Malacca Highway docked within the last few hours at Sheerness:

and, from other postings on the forum, this appears to be how California's arrive in the UK from the Docks at Emden: at least for dealers in the South of England.

To all the hopefulls (including me), the Malacca Highway docked within the last few hours at Sheerness:

and, from other postings on the forum, this appears to be how California's arrive in the UK from the Docks at Emden: at least for dealers in the South of England.
Fingers crossed everyone.

We ordered from Bristol but our dealer said ours would arrive in Grimsby.

Fingers crossed everyone.

We ordered from Bristol but our dealer said ours would arrive in Grimsby.
Vehicle carrier left Emden on Saturday and arrived at Grimsby yesterday (I think this is what it all means anyway!) Looks like more Calis incoming - fingers crossed everyone.

Back