Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

After many weeks of messages of.. it's on it way to / sitting in Emden.. I suddenly got notification y'day that the van is in the UK, and today arrived in Newcastle. Pick-up next week: just under a year since ordering. TBH, it's sudden appearance feels a bit surreal after the bouncing back and forward and back again of build dates, the trauma of the mysterious factory write-off, and the long long wait - but I'm sure all will be forgotten once I get to drive it away.

After many weeks of messages of.. it's on it way to / sitting in Emden.. I suddenly got notification y'day that the van is in the UK, and today arrived in Newcastle. Pick-up next week: just under a year since ordering. TBH, it's sudden appearance feels a bit surreal after the bouncing back and forward and back again of build dates, the trauma of the mysterious factory write-off, and the long long wait - but I'm sure all will be forgotten once I get to drive it away.
We had the exact same message yesterday from Liverpool van centre, ready for collection from early next week. 1642665771051.gif

Unfortunately after waiting near 11 months we’re not able to pick it up until the following week!

Last edited:
We’ve also been contacted by Liverpool VC as the Ocean has arrived! We've arranged to collect next weekend as we are isolating at the moment.
What a thing to look forward - isolation hopefully will be a breeze for you !

Adam at LVC did say that after a very quiet period they now have Cali’s all over the place.

What a thing to look forward - isolation hopefully will be a breeze for you !

Adam at LVC did say that after a very quiet period they now have Cali’s all over the place.
Isolation is wearing thin! Just our luck that we‘ve so far avoided the virus and get it the same week the Cali is ready.

Isolation is wearing thin! Just our luck that we‘ve so far avoided the virus and get it the same week the Cali is ready.
Frustrating, but it is so widespread at the moment!

What a thing to look forward - isolation hopefully will be a breeze for you
Ah - not good timing! We’re in much the same place, amazed we’ve stayed free of the bug so far, hoping it continues, especially given my wife’s a nurse.

Interesting to read everyone’s updates. We ordered in August 2021 and the paperwork said estimated delivery mid June 2022 (which we took with a massive pinch of salt!)

We’ve not heard anything from our dealer since placing the order and only know about the price increase from this forum.

Messaged our dealer on Monday for an update and we’re still waiting for a reply…
It's called VW Customer Service. Sorry I know sarcasm is the lowest form of humour, but just couldn't resist it, but many a true word spoken in jest.
So you wouldn’t be surprised if I said we called them on Monday to chase up the email we sent the week before…. and still haven’t received a reply

Great to hear of people’s vans arriving - happy adventures!

We had an update from the dealer yesterday - Amy at Liverpool van centre. We ordered a Coast on 8th November. No build date/week as yet but a suggestion of a Q3 build. We were told on ordering to expect a 10 month wait so, whilst speculative, the Q3 build seems about right if not, dare I say it slightly earlier than expected. I should add the dealer update was not in response to a chaser from me and that they have been excellent so far. Phil.

All those who have been getting the ready for collection message from Liverpool over the last week what were your order dates?

Thanks,

All those who have been getting the ready for collection message from Liverpool over the last week what were your order dates?

Thanks,
Our order was placed 1st March 2021. Collecting next Monday.

Last edited:
Ordered 8th November 21.
A ‘collection’ message is a distant dream. Like the gatherings in Downing Street !
Dealer update ‘Build date Q3 ‘as per previous post.
Phil

New update from dealer today! He said he can see 3 status: 50 (in production) 60 (waiting fir transit) 70 (in transit, pick up in 7-10 days). He said it is status 50 since december and that in his opinion shouldnt take long to move to 60 and 70. He said he will let us know when it is in status 70 and otherwise he told us to call in 2 weeks! Thats a big improvement as all this time when we were saying we would call for updates he would always advice to not do it or to do it months after… hopefully the van will arrive soon :)

Had an update from my dealer today (Listers). My Ocean 150PS (with towbar) ordered 30th June 2021 is currently still status 10 with an estimated build week of 20, so beginning of May. He's hoping that it progresses to status 20 next month. Seems to fit with what other UK buyers are reporting here.

Fingers crossed it moves a bit earlier as was hoping to have by early June ready for a festival over the long Bank Holiday but not holding out any hope now.

Had an update from my dealer today (Listers). My Ocean 150PS (with towbar) ordered 30th June 2021 is currently still status 10 with an estimated build week of 20, so beginning of May. He's hoping that it progresses to status 20 next month. Seems to fit with what other UK buyers are reporting here.

Fingers crossed it moves a bit earlier as was hoping to have by early June ready for a festival over the long Bank Holiday but not holding out any hope now.

I’m similar to you. Also ordered an ocean from Listers through AutoEBid on 7th June. Initially had a build week of 4 for ages. That moved around a bit and was told today it’s status 10 and now a provisional build week of 19

I was also hopeful for the Bank Holiday weekend back when I ordered which seems like forever ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m similar to you. Also ordered an ocean from Listers through AutoEBid on 7th June. Initially had a build week of 4 for ages. That moved around a bit and was told today it’s status 10 and now a provisional build week of 19

I was also hopeful for the Bank Holiday weekend back when I ordered which seems like forever ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed it does. I was given the "official" VW estimated delivery of April '22 at order but sales guy said he thought it was likely to be May. Deliberately not chased for any info since order but kept a keen eye on this thread and it looked like dates were moving forward as you said yours did.

Hoping it doesn't go later as, allowing what seems to be the average 8 weeks from build to collection, it's getting very close to another couple of festivals I've got booked in mid July and early August.

Who knows, maybe VW will surprise us all!

We got an update from our dealer today regarding our order placed in August 2021, to say is currently showing as build week 18 (2nd May). I guess that means it is very unlikely to arrive before the price increase (we are currently waiting for our new car that left the factory in mid November and has only just arrived in the UK!)

With regards the price increase, there is no mention anywhere in the terms and conditions of our order suggesting this was a possibility. I’m well aware that lots of the previous norms have gone out of the window due to COVID, but our terms simply refer to paying the balance due. Do others with orders due around the June time have anything in their contracts to say the price they agreed may not be the price they pay?

We got an update from our dealer today regarding our order placed in August 2021, to say is currently showing as build week 18 (2nd May). I guess that means it is very unlikely to arrive before the price increase (we are currently waiting for our new car that left the factory in mid November and has only just arrived in the UK!)

With regards the price increase, there is no mention anywhere in the terms and conditions of our order suggesting this was a possibility. I’m well aware that lots of the previous norms have gone out of the window due to COVID, but our terms simply refer to paying the balance due. Do others with orders due around the June time have anything in their contracts to say the price they agreed may not be the price they pay?
I ordered at the end of July and can’t find any wording in my paperwork other than paying what was agreed.

I ordered at the end of July and can’t find any wording in my paperwork other than paying what was agreed.
Thanks for your reply. It’s so frustrating that they are able to put the price up after you’ve agreed on a price, especially when there is no mention of this in the terms :rolleyes:

Week 18 seems good for an order in August, is it an Ocean? Guessing you didn't add any of the options that slow stuff down like a tow bar?

I've got an agreed price and ordered on the basis that would be the price I paid. That was the standard arrangement then and no reason to expect any different. Whilst I expect if they wanted to, VW could probably find a way to try and charge us more, I'd be surprised if they'd try given the negative publicity it would potentially bring and possible legal challenges.

If they were planning on doing this, I'd at least think they would contact us when the build dates are confirmed and offer us the chance to back out if delivery will be beyond June 30th and subject to increase.

From what I read on here and elsewhere, VW are pushing to get all orders pre the November announcement delivered by June (seems impossible tbh!) and I've also seen dealers saying they don't expect to be charging customers in our kind of situation any more than the agreed figure as VW wouldn't be enforcing a hard cut off and looking at any deliveries after June on a case by case basis.

Back