Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Care to elaborate what you find funny about my post #2,129?
I find it funny that you Mark a post Dislike because “Bad news isn’t it...and who knows what it means for my order”.
the whole 107 page thread is about delays in delivering Calis, my posts attempts to explain why that may be, what do you dislike ?

I find it funny that you Mark a post Dislike because “Bad news isn’t it...and who knows what it means for my order”.
the whole 107 page thread is about delays in delivering Calis, my posts attempts to explain why that may be, what do you dislike ?
It’s not that I dislike you, I dislike the message. Don’t get me wrong my, I’m grateful for the information, and as it’s you I trust it to be correct.
the op said that VW have written to all dealers, agents and companies to cancel allocations of 7000 vehicles !
I can hardly give a thumbs up to this!

It’s not that I dislike you, I dislike the message. Don’t get me wrong my, I’m grateful for the information, and as it’s you I trust it to be correct.

I can hardly give a thumbs up to this!
Not as if you were aware of problem with delays ?

dislike would mean that you dislike the content, not the fact that you already know, as I say it has no consequences for me, I was merely offering a third parties explanation

Hello everyone, bit more good news for Beach orders... We ordered on 10th Feb and have a confirmed build week for 3rd May, will be roughly 10 day build we've been told :). So fingers crossed for a decent transit after that... Starting to book campsites from July...hope that isn't tempting fate...

Hello everyone, bit more good news for Beach orders... We ordered on 10th Feb and have a confirmed build week for 3rd May, will be roughly 10 day build we've been told :). So fingers crossed for a decent transit after that... Starting to book campsites from July...hope that isn't tempting fate...
Just had confirmed week 18 (3rd May) for our beach camper!!!! Ordered 9th Feb. Starting to get excited......

Fair enough then I guess, I’d rather my van arrived late than bashed around!
Another interesting turn of events. Never have i ever turned up to get on a boat to be informed of an up to 20 day delay due to bad weather.

Current conditions are

Wind: 9 knots

Wind direction: NW (310°)

Air Temperature: 5°C

All vessels seem to be travelling as normal.

1618226301875.png

I was fairly dubious about it myself, although I know it has been windy. Probably a stock response to people who's vehicles are reaching the 15 days they are quoted when it first arrives.

I have just been informed on chat that the 15 days max at the port has now been extended to 20 days :(
YES! Mine's been there for 21 days although interestingly I was told that it shouldn't be much longer and I should check back this Wednesday!?!? Autoebid also contacted me to say that my dealer has confirmed delivery in April!?! Might be a lot of Campervans on the City of Oslo tomorrow.

The Volkswagen Group is the only car manufacturer to use its own charter ships – and has been doing so since the 1960s. Eleven of these charter ships are currently in service for the company worldwide, each of them offering space for up to 4,700 vehicles of the various Group brands.

“The advantage of having our own charter ships is that we can determine the schedules ourselves”

Perhaps they have determined that these shops should be on a different continent at the time they should be in Europe sending a few californias to us impatient Brits.

On the basis of the comments at the weekend about 7,000 vehicles being cancelled from allocations because of the inability to keep up with demand and a shortage of components. We should have two ships practically empty at the minute. I will take one of those and my van can merrilly slide about the deck with nothing else to bump into as it navigates the high seas.

Quick question - I'm picking up my van on Wednesday and I got the final invoice paperwork and on there, there is a cost option called "Suspension Range 70" for £135 - anyone heard of that one?

The Volkswagen Group is the only car manufacturer to use its own charter ships – and has been doing so since the 1960s. Eleven of these charter ships are currently in service for the company worldwide, each of them offering space for up to 4,700 vehicles of the various Group brands.

“The advantage of having our own charter ships is that we can determine the schedules ourselves”
Be great if they could invest in technology to allow burning of Biofuels in Calis, such as that used on their short sea charter vessels:

I'm really pleased for all of you who are now taking delivery of your new California's - arriving just at the right time of year.
However I can't understand why my order hasn't got past status 00 when I ordered on 13th November 2020, it's a 150 Ocean in candy white with just the one option of 80L fuel tank. I ordered through Autoebid and to be honest they have been fairly good at contacting the main dealer - as recent as last week, the dealer in turn gets in touch with 'brand' with the same answer each time, VW chat also back this up with the answer of status 00.
I just wondered if anyone else who ordered an Ocean around the same time are in a similar situation or have you now got confirmed build dates or even already taken delivery. Surely it can't be the larger fuel tank option that's causing my delay? I'm even suspecting that the 204 versions are now being built in front of the 150 Oceans.

I'm really pleased for all of you who are now taking delivery of your new California's - arriving just at the right time of year.
However I can't understand why my order hasn't got past status 00 when I ordered on 13th November 2020, it's a 150 Ocean in candy white with just the one option of 80L fuel tank. I ordered through Autoebid and to be honest they have been fairly good at contacting the main dealer - as recent as last week, the dealer in turn gets in touch with 'brand' with the same answer each time, VW chat also back this up with the answer of status 00.
I just wondered if anyone else who ordered an Ocean around the same time are in a similar situation or have you now got confirmed build dates or even already taken delivery. Surely it can't be the larger fuel tank option that's causing my delay? I'm even suspecting that the 204 versions are now being built in front of the 150 Oceans.
I too ordered middle of Nov, although mine is an Ocean 204. I was given a ‘list’ number which reflects your position in the build priority. I’m in the 180’s did you get one? You ordered a few days before me so i expect you will be in the 170’s/ 180’s on the list? My build ‘month’ was given as May with June delivery based on that list number. I take it with a pinch of salt but fingers crossed!

If it helps anyone we ordered our 204 Ocean first week of November, on 22/03 we were given a confirmed build week of week 14 (w/c 05/04) and after speaking with VW chat today its still 'in build', which makes sense as the they take 2 weeks to build, hopefully it will go to the port next week and go go to status 30 and beyond.

If it helps anyone we ordered our 204 Ocean first week of November, on 22/03 we were given a confirmed build week of week 14 (w/c 05/04) and after speaking with VW chat today its still 'in build', which makes sense as the they take 2 weeks to build, hopefully it will go to the port next week and go go to status 30 and beyond.
Interesting.. did you get a ‘list’ number showing your position in the que? Great news you’ll get yours soon!

You need a build number now.
Vw chat can't give you this but your dealer can.
Our dealer has told me the build number list is being updated in the next week or so so your dealer should know more shortly.

I ordered 31st December 2020. Build number 333. It was to be built June with a July delivery, but we'll wait and see what the updated time frame is when it comes.

They had said they were going to try and build in order number, despite what your build was but I suppose due to parts availability that might have changed.

I too ordered middle of Nov, although mine is an Ocean 204. I was given a ‘list’ number which reflects your position in the build priority. I’m in the 180’s did you get one? You ordered a few days before me so i expect you will be in the 170’s/ 180’s on the list? My build ‘month’ was given as May with June delivery based on that list number. I take it with a pinch of salt but fingers crossed!
I did mention this ‘list’ to Autoebid but unfortunately the dealer is yet to get back to me with my position number.
Fingers crossed for your build, hopefully sometime during May just in time to take delivery for the summer.

Perhaps they have determined that these shops should be on a different continent at the time they should be in Europe sending a few californias to us impatient Brits.

On the basis of the comments at the weekend about 7,000 vehicles being cancelled from allocations because of the inability to keep up with demand and a shortage of components. We should have two ships practically empty at the minute. I will take one of those and my van can merrilly slide about the deck with nothing else to bump into as it navigates the high seas.
Well i have just had some good news, despite the terrible weather and the ships being delayed posts from yesterday. My van boarded the ship yesterday and is expected to be at the docks tomorrow. Not the news i was expecting but to say i am pleased is an understatement.

Thank you for the info, this is why I don’t believe in this list, as I only ordered a week after yourself and mine has still not got a confirmed build date. There doesn’t seem to be any logic for it to me.

Back