Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

A little update from us.

Thanks again @Tomdbreeze for your brilliant service.

Ordered end of October, delivered today right on my birthday with a bottle of champagne!!!

View attachment 74577

View attachment 74578
Absolutely beautiful! What an awesome birthday present - happy birthday to yooo!

(We have a Bay Leaf Green Coast on order, and it's making me even more excited seeing your photos - the colour looks great, even on a dull day).

- and I love that the Seagull has chosen to hang out on the roof - obviously knows a cool van when it sees it - just hope it doesn't leave you a birthday present too!

Happy Birthday to you!! Whoop whoop. That is awesome. And the champagne too. I bet you’re head is spinning...
Thank you. It was an amazing day yesterday!

@JandA We went with Comfort and had no problems. The only thing when doing a quote online - you need to select Thatcham 1 as security instead of factory fitted (as their system does not recognise it as a factory fitted option in California and you need to specify it). Also an online quote was for Campervan insurance with £1k contents limit and I called them to switch to Motorhome insurance with £5k contents cover - you can do that for Ocean not sure for Coast and Beach. Other than that New for Old for 3 yrs/15,000 miles. £200 excess and all for £350 a year with club discount. But remember about 48h rule with Comfort - no problem for us as it is unlikely we will eave it unattended for longer than 2 days. I also had a good quote with AIB insurance but only £1k contents cover. Both companies insure with Aviva.

@Dark Ocean thanks, I guess champagne is a secret option only Breeze Van Poole do :thumb (but only if it is delivered on your birthday ;))

@melifornia thank you - the colour is absolutely amazing. We had a little doubt when ordering but it is spot on. And very happy with Woodstock alloys too. I will post some more pics (hopefully in the sun) after the weekend. Hopefully not long till you get yours!

Thank you. It was an amazing day yesterday!

@JandA We went with Comfort and had no problems. The only thing when doing a quote online - you need to select Thatcham 1 as security instead of factory fitted (as their system does not recognise it as a factory fitted option in California and you need to specify it). Also an online quote was for Campervan insurance with £1k contents limit and I called them to switch to Motorhome insurance with £5k contents cover - you can do that for Ocean not sure for Coast and Beach. Other than that New for Old for 3 yrs/15,000 miles. £200 excess and all for £350 a year with club discount. But remember about 48h rule with Comfort - no problem for us as it is unlikely we will eave it unattended for longer than 2 days. I also had a good quote with AIB insurance but only £1k contents cover. Both companies insure with Aviva.

@Dark Ocean thanks, I guess champagne is a secret option only Breeze Van Poole do :thumb (but only if it is delivered on your birthday ;))

@melifornia thank you - the colour is absolutely amazing. We had a little doubt when ordering but it is spot on. And very happy with Woodstock alloys too. I will post some more pics (hopefully in the sun) after the weekend. Hopefully not long till you get yours!
That's really good to hear on the colour - given lockdown restrictions, we haven't actually ever seen the bay leaf green in the flesh, (just watched LOTS of youtube videos and looked at lots of photos online.). The colour does seem to vary quite a bit in different lights (and I guess there's a bit of photo/video colour boosting going on too), so I'm slightly anxious it's going to be radioactive green when it arrives! :-o I imagine it's possibly a little more toned down in real life than the very brightest shots you tend to see online...Really glad to hear you're happy with it! and yes, do keep the photos coming please!!! Have a lovely birthday
PS: We're keeping our fingers crossed for end of June arrival for ours, ordered mid Jan.

Anyone order in January and have a build date as opposed to a build month yet?
We ordered mid Jan. No build 'date' yet - but we were informed the build month has been confirmed by VW as June, and the dealer was hopeful for delivery by end June for us. What month have you been advised?

That's really good to hear on the colour - given lockdown restrictions, we haven't actually ever seen the bay leaf green in the flesh, (just watched LOTS of youtube videos and looked at lots of photos online.). The colour does seem to vary quite a bit in different lights (and I guess there's a bit of photo/video colour boosting going on too), so I'm slightly anxious it's going to be radioactive green when it arrives! :-o I imagine it's possibly a little more toned down in real life than the very brightest shots you tend to see online...Really glad to hear you're happy with it! and yes, do keep the photos coming please!!! Have a lovely birthday
PS: We're keeping our fingers crossed for end of June arrival for ours, ordered mid Jan.

We ordered mid Jan. No build 'date' yet - but we were informed the build month has been confirmed by VW as June, and the dealer was hopeful for delivery by end June for us. What month have you been advised?
Yep same - June - but they were clear it depends WHEN in June to calculate when it’ll get to us so I’m working on July. Fingers crossed as we have a campsite booked for August!!

Well as soon as our Bay Leaf Green arrives I am i will post some pics....I am planning to get the front PPF wrapped for protection and the rest ceramic coated again for protection And ease of clean (I am a very lazy car cleaner) I have been told the VW Lifestyle paint protection that is offered as an extra to poor and does not last long.

Hello al, we ordered an Ocean 204 on 12 Dec. Now have a provisional build scheduled week 24. I really hope this doesn’t slip.

Hi all - we ordered an Ocean - Mid Dec and have just been informed of a provisional build week 24, this delay was due to the transition to the latest Euro standards for this engine (RDE2) which has added to the time. We ordered a 199 - but think that they are now replaced with the 204?

Adding the 6-8 weeks - I doubt that it will be delivered before mid August.

Hi all - we ordered an Ocean - Mid Dec and have just been informed of a provisional build week 24, this delay was due to the transition to the latest Euro standards for this engine (RDE2) which has added to the time. We ordered a 199 - but think that they are now replaced with the 204?

Adding the 6-8 weeks - I doubt that it will be delivered before mid August.
It can go quicker. Mine was about 4 weeks from start of build to arriving at dealers!

Well as soon as our Bay Leaf Green arrives I am i will post some pics....I am planning to get the front PPF wrapped for protection and the rest ceramic coated again for protection And ease of clean (I am a very lazy car cleaner) I have been told the VW Lifestyle paint protection that is offered as an extra to poor and does not last long.
Be good to know who you end up using for ppf/ ceramic. I’ve had several quotes, different prices, and some telling conversations. Important to know what product you’re getting and the guarantee.
Do they machine polish to perfect the paintwork before they start?Then what is applied? Some use the ceramic word but it’s not bonding with the paint. Gtechniq serum ultra can only be applied professionally and comes with a 9 year guarantee.
Azuri in Stevenage are accredited and will also apply the premium Xpel ppf for a good price (£c.800 for each). Porsche use them to apply to their new vehicles when customers option it.
GT Performance in York also impressed - cheaper but only just accredited.
There are others like Topaz that are top whack but I’m sure wouldn’t disappoint.
If you’re bothering, it’s worth paying for perfection that lasts...?

Be good to know who you end up using for ppf/ ceramic. I’ve had several quotes, different prices, and some telling conversations. Important to know what product you’re getting and the guarantee.
Do they machine polish to perfect the paintwork before they start?Then what is applied? Some use the ceramic word but it’s not bonding with the paint. Gtechniq serum ultra can only be applied professionally and comes with a 9 year guarantee.
Azuri in Stevenage are accredited and will also apply the premium Xpel ppf for a good price (£c.800 for each). Porsche use them to apply to their new vehicles when customers option it.
GT Performance in York also impressed - cheaper but only just accredited.
There are others like Topaz that are top whack but I’m sure wouldn’t disappoint.
If you’re bothering, it’s worth paying for perfection that lasts...?
Hi Tim I am (assuming he can open soon) using a small company in Hull called Final Glaze, they use Premiumshield Elite and the front end is £820 and the rear bumper £160 I have not had a price for the ceramic work yet but will get one. His product gets good reviews and he admits there are others that are equally as good, and if he ends up being unable to do he will guide me in where else does a good job With a good product. The one he said to avoid is the 3M product, as the adhesive develops a yellow tint over time and can be seen on certain coloured vehicles. He sounds a good guy and actually runs courses and training sessions for others getting into the market so that gives some confidence he knows what he is doing...fingers crossed!!

Hi Tim I am (assuming he can open soon) using a small company in Hull called Final Glaze, they use Premiumshield Elite and the front end is £820 and the rear bumper £160 I have not had a price for the ceramic work yet but will get one. His product gets good reviews and he admits there are others that are equally as good, and if he ends up being unable to do he will guide me in where else does a good job With a good product. The one he said to avoid is the 3M product, as the adhesive develops a yellow tint over time and can be seen on certain coloured vehicles. He sounds a good guy and actually runs courses and training sessions for others getting into the market so that gives some confidence he knows what he is doing...fingers crossed!!
I would try to use one company to do both jobs - ppf and ceramic, to prevent them playing off each other.
You might be interested in the ceramic only quote I had from Azuri (I've since had a quote for £800 for XPEL ppf), the process they will undertake (inside and outside), timescales and the guarantee. Its far from the cheapest quote (not the most expensive either - Topaz is), but I'm convinced they're the best value I've found. This thread put me onto them and there are other recommendations there.

Anyway, that quote:

Below is a quick overview of the process we will follow for detailing and ceramic protection:

The first thing we do is to carefully wash the vehicle, then carry out a multi-stage decontamination of paint and glass to remove any embedded iron and tar deposits that may have been picked up during the car's life so far during storage and transportation. This is an essential step to ensure the surface is safe for machine polishing. This consists of two chemical stages followed by a clay bar removal of any remaining contamination.

We would then carry out a two-stage machine polish process. The first stage is to gently compound the clear coat to remove any minor surface micro scratches, defects, etchings, sanding marks and swirls (typical on all new cars). This stage will ensure the paint (clear-coat) is completely free from any defects.

The second stage of machine polishing is carried out with finishing compounds to refine the clear coat to the highest possible gloss and sharpness of reflections. This is another essential step to ensure the paintwork is in the best possible order prior to the application of any protection and will really improve the paintwork against when it left the factory.

We then apply a professional grade, ceramic coating to the paintwork for protection.

We apply Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating, which is the very best coating available and one of only a handful available that offers true paint protection. It forms a chemical bond at a regulated temperature with the clear coat and is guaranteed for 9 years.

This is then topped with two coats of EXOv4, which is a super slippery top coat, designed to give excellent water repellence and help in making ongoing cleaning very easy. The EXO is good for a couple of years dependent on storage and use etc and can be topped up easily enough (happy to explain this in more detail if needed).

The wheels undergo the same decontamination process as the paint and glass (including chemical softening of tar spots then physical clay bar). We then liberally coat them with a high temperature tolerant protective ceramic barrier against brake dust, iron deposits and road tar for ongoing ease of cleaning/maintenance.

Interior leather is carefully cleaned to remove any unwanted oils / sheen and it is then protected with leather guard. This helps protect against dye transfer on light coloured leather and helps prevent leather sheen that can make an interior feel older than its years.

Glass receives three coats of Gtechniq G1 Smart Vision Glass, which beads water and is a semi-permanent coating designed to last up to 20k miles. We don’t recommend applying coatings to the windscreen.

Any interior fabrics, along with carpets and mats are protected with I1 Smart Fabric to protect against spills and scuffs. I remember on Steve’s job, we also treated the fabric within the extendable roof.

Rubbers, plastics and external trim / tyres are dressed for final presentation.

We charge £945 plus vat for this service and we would ask that we have your car for a minimum of three days to complete the work and allow coatings to harden.

I would try to use one company to do both jobs - ppf and ceramic, to prevent them playing off each other.
You might be interested in the ceramic only quote I had from Azuri (I've since had a quote for £800 for XPEL ppf), the process they will undertake (inside and outside), timescales and the guarantee. Its far from the cheapest quote (not the most expensive either - Topaz is), but I'm convinced they're the best value I've found. This thread put me onto them and there are other recommendations there.

Anyway, that quote:

Below is a quick overview of the process we will follow for detailing and ceramic protection:

The first thing we do is to carefully wash the vehicle, then carry out a multi-stage decontamination of paint and glass to remove any embedded iron and tar deposits that may have been picked up during the car's life so far during storage and transportation. This is an essential step to ensure the surface is safe for machine polishing. This consists of two chemical stages followed by a clay bar removal of any remaining contamination.

We would then carry out a two-stage machine polish process. The first stage is to gently compound the clear coat to remove any minor surface micro scratches, defects, etchings, sanding marks and swirls (typical on all new cars). This stage will ensure the paint (clear-coat) is completely free from any defects.

The second stage of machine polishing is carried out with finishing compounds to refine the clear coat to the highest possible gloss and sharpness of reflections. This is another essential step to ensure the paintwork is in the best possible order prior to the application of any protection and will really improve the paintwork against when it left the factory.

We then apply a professional grade, ceramic coating to the paintwork for protection.

We apply Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating, which is the very best coating available and one of only a handful available that offers true paint protection. It forms a chemical bond at a regulated temperature with the clear coat and is guaranteed for 9 years.

This is then topped with two coats of EXOv4, which is a super slippery top coat, designed to give excellent water repellence and help in making ongoing cleaning very easy. The EXO is good for a couple of years dependent on storage and use etc and can be topped up easily enough (happy to explain this in more detail if needed).

The wheels undergo the same decontamination process as the paint and glass (including chemical softening of tar spots then physical clay bar). We then liberally coat them with a high temperature tolerant protective ceramic barrier against brake dust, iron deposits and road tar for ongoing ease of cleaning/maintenance.

Interior leather is carefully cleaned to remove any unwanted oils / sheen and it is then protected with leather guard. This helps protect against dye transfer on light coloured leather and helps prevent leather sheen that can make an interior feel older than its years.

Glass receives three coats of Gtechniq G1 Smart Vision Glass, which beads water and is a semi-permanent coating designed to last up to 20k miles. We don’t recommend applying coatings to the windscreen.

Any interior fabrics, along with carpets and mats are protected with I1 Smart Fabric to protect against spills and scuffs. I remember on Steve’s job, we also treated the fabric within the extendable roof.

Rubbers, plastics and external trim / tyres are dressed for final presentation.

We charge £945 plus vat for this service and we would ask that we have your car for a minimum of three days to complete the work and allow coatings to harden.
Thanks for the info Tim very helpful

Can I just ask, did you get an option on delivery date/day and time from Listers? Ie. Was there a weekend option or afternoon rather than morning?
They confirmed driver would call 1 hour before and it would be late morning (5 hour drive from van Center to us) .

They confirmed driver would call 1 hour before and it would be late morning (5 hour drive from van Center to us) .
Thank you. Just wanted to know though if you were given flexibility on days?

We collected our Cali Coast today - an hours drive from home.
I didnt go through my long checklist as I was too overwhelmed & excited, together with the social distancing issue, but have started ticking that off from home.
First impressions are -
Its very very smart - the wood floor is fab with the brushed oak cabinets.
So much easier to drive than anticipated with good all round vision.
The space feels huge & so much storage too.
Bizarrely relieved still in lockdown as its going to take me weeks to navigate everything!
Have popped the top & yes the manual lifting takes some muscle power but hoping it becomes easier over time.
One thing I noticed having popped the top was along the roof channel what looked like blue tack sporadically down both sides - emailed the dealer who didnt know initially but upon checking all the other Coasts its the same but not in the Ocean due to the electric roof.
Very pleased & feeling very blessed :)

Cali Bus 1.jpg

I didnt go through my long checklist as I was too overwhelmed & excited, together with the social distancing issue, but have started ticking that off from home.
First impressions are -
Bizarrely relieved still in lockdown as its going to take me weeks to navigate everything!
Have popped the top & yes the manual lifting takes some muscle power but hoping it becomes easier over time.
One thing I noticed having popped the top was along the roof channel what looked like blue tack sporadically down both sides - emailed the dealer who didnt know initially but upon checking all the other Coasts its the same but not in the Ocean due to the electric roof.

View attachment 74677
So pleased for you Jenny. Well done you.

Cali Bus 3.jpgSo pleased for you Jenny. Well done you.
Ahhh thank you Stuart, I have to say the wooden floor is one of my favourite things its well worth it - Ive bought a hug rug so I can throw it in the washing machine as really dont want to be covering all that lovely floor. Its so smart. The front opening is fab too as is the comfort lighting. Not sure the tinted glass is quite dark enough but guess that can be addressed if need be.

Cali Bus 4.jpg

Cali Bus 5.jpg

Ahhh thank you Stuart, I have to say the wooden floor is one of my favourite things its well worth it - Ive bought a hug rug so I can throw it in the washing machine as really dont want to be covering all that lovely floor. Its so smart. The front opening is fab too as is the comfort lighting. Not sure the tinted glass is quite dark enough but guess that can be addressed if need be.

View attachment 74679

View attachment 74680
Thanks so much for the pics, it does indeed look stunning. I've so many questions for you, but will leave you to enjoy your day. I'm so pleased that you are pleased, if that makes sense? I know just apprehensive you were. Looks fab

Thanks so much for the pics, it does indeed look stunning. I've so many questions for you, but will leave you to enjoy your day. I'm so pleased that you are pleased, if that makes sense? I know just apprehensive you were. Looks fab
Thank you Stuart, yes I was apprehensive & when I saw how smart it was did feel worried about driving such an expensive vehicle but it was so lovely to drive I soon forgot that.
Going to accessorize tomorrow with all my bits & bobs, & start ticking off the checklist & fathoming out the camping controls. There really is some wonderful features.
Feel free to ask any questions, Im hoping it all becomes more self-explanatory when you have it all in front of you!
Still cant quite believe it tbh!

First impressions are -

View attachment 74677
Fantastic! the floor looks really nice against the kitchen cabinets, glad I specc'd it. Did you add any other options ? Have fun exploring this weekend :)

Fantastic! the floor looks really nice against the kitchen cabinets, glad I specc'd it. Did you add any other options ? Have fun exploring this weekend :)
Thank you - yes the opening front which is a must, the comfort lighting which is atmospheric, the larger fuel tank, davenports I think look classic, tinted glass which Im not sure is quite dark enough & 2 tone paint. Not long to wait for yours too :D

Thank you - yes the opening front which is a must, the comfort lighting which is atmospheric, the larger fuel tank, davenports I think look classic, tinted glass which Im not sure is quite dark enough & 2 tone paint. Not long to wait for yours too :D
Ohh 2 tone paint nice! Ours is arriving at the dealers Monday or Tuesday and they are going to send me a video, we are very excited, it's been a long winter and a long time coming

Back