Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Pictures will be forthcoming WHEN it arrives.....there are some benefits with the delay although not to be broadcast.... You get a new Cali on the new registration, with a new more efficient and cleaner engine (yet to be confirmed) at a time when lockdown should be coming to an end (yet to be confirmed) allowing you to use it and one other big point you get it at the price you agreed last August..... nearly a win win win....or have I missed something. Roll on summer!!

You missed being the Beta tester for a whole new emissions system, thats going to be really exciting.

We could have a sweepstake as to when the first recall for a remap is made?

You missed being the Beta tester for a whole new emissions system, thats going to be really exciting.

We could have a sweepstake as to when the first recall for a remap is made?
I am not sure I understand that I am sure i won’t be the first off the line...and what’s a remap

I am not sure I understand that I am sure i won’t be the first off the line...and what’s a remap
You absolutely won't be the beta tester. Why has it taken VW so long to roll the 204 out....testing after retesting after assessment after review! Remapping put simply is a tweaking of the computer setting in the engine ECU to alter the fuel and air ratios etc.

You absolutely won't be the beta tester. Why has it taken VW so long to roll the 204 out....testing after retesting after assessment after review! Remapping put simply is a tweaking of the computer setting in the engine ECU to alter the fuel and air ratios etc.
Thank you for that.....we will have to wait and see how it goes, very much looking forward to enjoying it and getting out and about....we also have a caravan and will tow that with the Cali and use it as a base when we go on a tour plus the Cali will be great for a short break. I have sold my X5 in readiness cash in the bank so a new era ensues.

It was said somewhat tongue in cheek, but last time VW changed the emission bits all the vans had to be subsequentally recalled & remapped as the emissions were too high.

One of the results of that was the 204 engine became a 199 & adblu consumption increased to the extent that VW compensated owners.

Last edited:
It was said somewhat tongue in cheek, but last time VW changed the emission bits all the vans had to be subsequentally recalled & remapped as the emissions were too high.

One of the results of that was the 204 engine became a 199 & adblu consumption increased to the extent that VW compensated owners.
I guess that's why this "new 204" has a much larger adblue tank.

Coming from Land Rover vehicles, i would challenge anyone to back up any claims about adblue consumption. Its a black art, in fact, my discovery " was according to Land rover within tolerance" but needed ad blue or oil depending on how it was feeling every time i went to fill up with diesel. Strangely my second discovery was within tolerance and needed topping up only a couple of times a year ( i do about 10k a year)

Luckily you get fluids including adblue for free with land rover service plans and i used to pass the dealership on my commute to work, so i spent 18 months having them top it up every other week as it was "within tolerance"

As the car was in the dealership that ofen for minor warranty work i spent most of my time in their RRS courtesy car so life wasn't so bad.

Coming from Land Rover vehicles, i would challenge anyone to back up any claims about adblue consumption. Its a black art, in fact, my discovery " was according to Land rover within tolerance" but needed ad blue or oil depending on how it was feeling every time i went to fill up with diesel. Strangely my second discovery was within tolerance and needed topping up only a couple of times a year ( i do about 10k a year)

Luckily you get fluids including adblue for free with land rover service plans and i used to pass the dealership on my commute to work, so i spent 18 months having them top it up every other week as it was "within tolerance"

As the car was in the dealership that ofen for minor warranty work i spent most of my time in their RRS courtesy car so life wasn't so bad.
:D:D:D

Not much different with VW. I.e. their tolerance for oil useage is 1ltr per 1000km, so per 630ish miles; you’ll be topping up with the fuel every time before they’ll even acknowledge a potential issue. And yes that is experience talking unfortunately :headbang. Oh, and you get a builders van full of sand as a courtesy....

:D:D:D

Not much different with VW. I.e. their tolerance for oil useage is 1ltr per 1000km, so per 630ish miles; you’ll be topping up with the fuel every time before they’ll even acknowledge a potential issue. And yes that is experience talking unfortunately :headbang. Oh, and you get a builders van full of sand as a courtesy....
Same with Skoda, long life oil they say... and it’s not cheap stuff, my old Mk 3 Mondeo never needed topping up

P
Same with Skoda, long life oil they say... and it’s not cheap stuff, my old Mk 3 Mondeo never needed topping up
goodness it never said that in the brochure when I ordered mine, the X5 I just sold was my 5th and for the first 4 I used to do 30k miles a year and order a new one every 3 years. The last one I bought was when I retired 4 years ago and did 35k mile over that period. I never once put any oil in any one of them between service, Add Blue was 10lt every 10k miles. I have no idea how much oil is, I better do some research....also find out where the filler cap is.!!!

Well the VW secret society will be opened up in the not too distant future as vehicles start to be delivered and performance is reported, those of you who are technical buffs will have a field day

My dealer contacted me this week to say VW had informed them that my Ocean 150 is due to be built in the month of May. I ordered on the 3rd Nov. In terms of build order, apparently I’m 161 out of more than 600. All in all, I’m pretty happy about this - providing it sticks :)
I ordered a 150 Ocean in September confirmed build week issued this week Wk 15

Good news!
But why some receive months, and others weeks is (yet another) mystery to me
Delivery month in the beginning (after ordering), afterwards, if you get a build week (was telephoned for that last week) you can also state a delivery week. Ours is normally made soon (week 8) and an assumed delivery week is stated; I stick to a delivery month ;)
Greetings

I spoke to Eurovans on Friday 12 February. They had just received the ‘new list’ which included mine as an April build. So probably delivered in May. This new list is a commitment from the factory they said. Fingers crossed.
Good luck buddy you have had a fair wait for a 150, makes you wonder where the parts come from. I just bought some genuine VW wind deflectors made in Australia lol.

Got info from the german caliboard forum that the recent delays may depend on the closing of the Limmer factory outside Hannover. This factory builds the kitchen module for Ocean and Coast and have had a serious Covid outbreak. Beach seems not affected.
I had unconfirmed build week 17 before the weekend but is now back on none, status 4.
Limmer factory is closed at least until wednesday the 24th of February. Info from Caliboard in Germany.

Back