Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Our new Cali, Garfield, arrived today as well. Bit of a different experience having it delivered to the door but feel lucky that it has turned up with all the difficulties others have been having. Can’t fault dealer or driver.
Great, looks stunning!

Yes, Caravan and camping club wouldn’t quote w/o tracker , Comfort said the same, Safeguard wouldn’t because they couldn’t understand that I’m not the owner of it’s on PCP finance and were very woolly and vague . Caravan and Motorhome Club were really helpful and gave me confidence. V expensive but whatever, I’m hoping that the cash haemorrhaging will start to plateau once we got her . Alternative is to buy a house with plenty of parking space
Get that..my 60k X5 needed a tracker when new to get insurance £400 fo 3 year cover so £125 a year saved me a lot more than that having it fitted. Now it’s 3 years old so has a value less than £50k I don’t need to renew

Brilliant , that’s a great service ! What your getting ? Is that 1K for insurance !!
Ascot Grey Coast. Yes, and I had to join the club! It’s done now. I’m happy. Will look for storage somewhere local I think

Our new Cali, Garfield, arrived today as well. Bit of a different experience having it delivered to the door but feel lucky that it has turned up with all the difficulties others have been having. Can’t fault dealer or driver.
Ascot Grey Coast. Yes, and I had to join the club! It’s done now. I’m happy. Will look for storage somewhere local I think
Lovely enjoy ! Your right is done and you have peace of mind. We swithered about Ascot Grey. But weren’t brave enough to go for it without seeing it !

Wow looks fab ! Enjoy!

Lovely enjoy ! Your right is done and you have peace of mind. We swithered about Ascot Grey. But weren’t brave enough to go for it without seeing it !
We were set on Candy Red, but saw an Ascot Grey Transporter when we were sniffing around Breeze Service centre in Pompey. Looks great

My 2¢.

Order placed yesterday (Spec Below). Dealer said he had spoken to factory and expects delivery in June which I'm not holding my breath on given the state of this thread. However I figured the sooner I place the order, the sooner I'll get it regardless of how long it takes. No build week but he said he expected somewhere around end of May.

Spec:

California Ocean SWD 199 PS2.0 TDI 7sp DSG.
Candy White / Bay Green (Two Tone)
17" 7J Woodstock Alloy
Shower Connection
All Weather Tyres 235/55
Chrome Pack
Awning in Silver
Bed Extension/Comfort Mattress
Safe Box
4 Keys

My 2¢.

Order placed yesterday (Spec Below). Dealer said he had spoken to factory and expects delivery in June which I'm not holding my breath on given the state of this thread. However I figured the sooner I place the order, the sooner I'll get it regardless of how long it takes. No build week but he said he expected somewhere around end of May.

Spec:

17" 7J Woodstock Alloy
Shower Connection
All Weather Tyres 235/55
Chrome Pack
Awning in Silver
Safe Box
4 Keys
Exciting times. Hope these optimistic dates come good. Reassuring to hear some are lucky on here, think I saw an October order on here about to be delivered.
Did you consider the 80L fuel tank fir £78?

Exciting times. Hope these optimistic dates come good. Reassuring to hear some are lucky on here, think I saw an October order on here about to be delivered.
is the bed extension comfort mattress you have orderd just the mattress?

is the bed extension comfort mattress you have orderd just the mattress?
Bed extension is mis-named. It’s just a mattress topper. I partly wish I’d omitted this and gone after-market as some on this forum are convinced they’re more comfortable

Bed extension is mis-named. It’s just a mattress topper. I partly wish I’d omitted this and gone after-market as some on this forum are convinced they’re more comfortable
Thank you i did wonder i had this as an extra but removed it. A bit misleading and i think it is bulkier than the after market

Very exciting! I figured the Ocean (in the UK at least) comes with so much stuff as standard (that are options in other markets) that I didn't need to load up on options.
80L tank. I honestly didn't. I did a back of a napkin calculation and reckoned it would give me an extra 70 miles or so onto an existing range of (~500 miles). Can't see that ever being useful to me and I didn't want to risk it becoming a weight issue given some of the conversations in this thread about weight potentially affecting build times (unclear if this is the case or not but not worth it for me).

Considered the Discover media pro but I like the physical volume dial and I use my phone for everything anyway so imagine it will be sitting on car play for 95% of it's life anyway.

Considered ArtVelours but there is a real lack of accurate photography anywhere for me to make a decision on that so will do something aftermarket at some point perhaps.

I thought the bed extension was the wooden back board that moved up in stages so you can have different degrees of back rest while watching a movie or looking out of front bellows opening ?

I thought the bed extension was the wooden back board that moved up in stages so you can have different degrees of back rest while watching a movie or looking out of front bellows opening ?
No, that’s the ‘lounge’ feature. Bed extension as mentioned above is the misnamed mattress.

No, that’s the ‘lounge’ feature. Bed extension as mentioned above is the misnamed mattress.
So if I have the S2S mattress I don’t need to tick the bed extension ?

My 2¢.

Spec:

17" 7J Woodstock Alloy
Shower Connection
All Weather Tyres 235/55
Chrome Pack
Awning in Silver
Safe Box
4 Keys
I'd change the spec to 204 PS because VW aren't making 199 PS now.

My 2¢.

Spec:

17" 7J Woodstock Alloy
Shower Connection
All Weather Tyres 235/55
Chrome Pack
Awning in Silver
Safe Box
4 Keys
Well good luck broodie I hope they deliver on time as promised I am jealous..I ordered in mid August and have not got a build date yet....hopefully based of all the comments it night be sometime in Feb/March..but that mens a May/June delivery for me.

Not me.:thumb

GPR:3U1 - Bed Extension+Comfort Sleeping Mat
I understand what the Comfort Sleeping Mat is. It’s the 3 folded mattress topper.
But the Bed Extension, what is this ?

GPR:3U1 - Bed Extension+Comfort Sleeping Mat
I understand what the Comfort Sleeping Mat is. It’s the 3 folded mattress topper.
But the Bed Extension, what is this ?
The extension is the bed base also known as the shelf in the boot, it comes as standard anyway.

The extension is the bed base also known as the shelf in the boot, it comes as standard anyway.
That’s what I thought, the adjustable MDF board that ratchets up and down. Like a MDF parcel shelf. Very heavy to lift in and out with a hand hole to lift out.
I would have thought that would come as standard?
And like you say, it does.
So the bed extension is the one piece of foam that levels the parcel shelf to the seats when lay flat. But why would that be an extra. !!
So if you omit the bed extension and comfort mattress, you need a piece of foam in one piece to lay on top of the parcel shelf.
Got it !

No you also get the mat on the top of the MDF board to level it up with the rest of the seat as standard.
The only extra you get is the full length mattress that goes over the folded down seat and the extension.

Thought I'd finally post something as I haven't really posted anything at all since I joined the forum! I too have just placed an order yesterday, and also have been given an estimated delivery date of June (taken with a barrel of salt??) Nevertheless, as brooodie has rightly stated - the sooner I order the sooner it arrives!

Spec of my little beastie below;

150 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG
Deep Black Pearl
17" x 7J "Woodstock" black, diamond-turned surface alloy wheels
Driver Assistance Package Plus
Trailer Assist - Including Park Assist, front and rear parking sensors,
rear view camera and side protection
Navigation system "Discover Media Pro" including "Streaming &
Internet"
Towbar - removable & lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation
Storage net in roof bed access opening, 2nd drawer in bench seat
instead of load-through hatch
Wooden floor with plastic lining
Uprated starter battery (92Ah, AGM) and increased alternator
capacity
Cupboards in "Graphite Grey" with outdoor shower connection
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
Fuel tank with a volume of 80 l
Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
All-season tires 235/55 R17 103H xl super-low rolling resistance
Alloy spare wheel with original equipment tyre
4 remote control folding keys
Mudflaps front and rear
Power sliding door on the right in load/passenger compartment
Heated front windscreen

No you also get the mat on the top of the MDF board to level it up with the rest of the seat as standard.
The only extra you get is the full length mattress that goes over the folded down seat and the extension.
You’ve just saved me £265 Net. Thank you.
I have the S2S self inflating mattress and it’s brilliant.
I shall ask for GPR:3U1 to be removed !

Back