Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Thanks Dodge, that’s probably why they haven’t got back to me then, my question to them now is why I’m still at status 00. Straight after I ordered they sent me a copy of the order which was accepted on the 14th November and it’s only got one option of the 80l fuel tank, so I don’t know what’s gone wrong.
I think you need to ring the dealer, something’s gone awry somewhere surely.

I like the sound of that scheduling. We can always hope that June was the latest worse case scenario. :thumb
Yes I hope so, things seem to have slowed down a bit but apart from the obvious parts delays I’m sure it’s all chugging along and can’t be too much longer for you.

I realise how lucky I’ve been so far for sure.

My Beach order went through about 2 weeks before yours and I have had it for 7 weeks tomorrow... although I think I was lucky with the queue at Emden / weather window as mine was at dealers 3.5 weeks after build started... all my info came from VW chat (including that the vehicle was at the dealers... which they denied for 6 days and then found it... hmmm...)
Yes, I remember you saying you got yours through really quickly from build completion and I got really excited... then it sat rusting at the port for 3 weeks haha

I ordered mine (a coast) in February and have just heard today that I am number 362 out of 625. By my calculations that means a build week of mid July. I’ve seen lots of people mention getting updates through VW chat. What exactly is that and where do I find it?

I ordered mine (a coast) in February and have just heard today that I am number 362 out of 625. By my calculations that means a build week of mid July. I’ve seen lots of people mention getting updates through VW chat. What exactly is that and where do I find it?
I'm 333. Go with your dealer updates rather than the chats. The dealers had an updated list that they are working through at the moment to contact buyers. VW chat don't have that list.

I'm 333. Go with your dealer updates rather than the chats. The dealers had an updated list that they are working through at the moment to contact buyers. VW chat don't have that list.
It’s just a matter of waiting. I sold my 2017 Beach when I placed my order as I got more private and didn’t want to wait to exchange as prices are good at the mo for second hand sales.
When I ordered my Beach, I placed the order in September 2016 and took delivery in March 2017. Worth the wait though.

I’m 220 ish but was told September something doesn’t add up, hopefully my dealer was just giving worse case scenario timings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m 220 ish but was told September something doesn’t add up, hopefully my dealer was just giving worse case scenario timings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dealer, VW Liverpool explained that there are 625 places. 220 - 625 is the second half of the year. I worked out that 625 equals about 12 each week. Therefore by my calculations that places my build sometime in July. 220 would be earlier.
That’s only my calculations though. The only official thing I have is that I am 362 in the queue.

My dealer, VW Liverpool explained that there are 625 places. 220 - 625 is the second half of the year. I worked out that 625 equals about 12 each week. Therefore by my calculations that places my build sometime in July. 220 would be earlier.
That’s only my calculations though. The only official thing I have is that I am 362 in the queue.
I dont think the number on the list actually means when it’ll get built. Its more like an order of priority. I’m number 14 and wont be built until June due to parts not being available I.e. tow bar etc.

click on the white speech bubble bottom right(if/when it appears)

That’s great news. We ordered our Ocean on the very same day as you, however we’re still sitting at status 00 and our dealer ( VW Worcestershire via Autoebid ) is not answering our emails so I don’t even know what number we are on the list. It’s so frustrating as we need some clarity soon so we can put plans in place for summer.
I ordered a 150 Ocean on 8 October and still 00...

I dont think the number on the list actually means when it’ll get built. Its more like an order of priority. I’m number 14 and wont be built until June due to parts not being available I.e. tow bar etc.
The dealer did say that it would probably be built in July but no exact week. I’ve ordered a tow bar too so that might slow it down further. Just got to wait.

Oh no sorry to hear that, thought our situation was bad, hopefully we’ll both get a positive update soon.
i think we will all need therapy soon...it is a mess isn't it. so we wait.

I'm curious reading all these posts. I ordered a Beach (with DSG, 4M, towbar plus other options) 28th or 29th of December but in Switzerland, not the UK. I have no info from my dealer who is basically useless and seems to be allergic to customer service. You guys in the UK seem to be well informed in comparison. I created a My Volkswagen account but I don't see the option to check vehicle status. Does the dealer have to link my order to the account somehow? Does anyone know if these lists etc. also exist for dealers over here?

Unsure really. Other might have better insight into European purchases. we can use a VW chat on the commercial website but that too is not always right or actually what is happening. The truth is VW hold the knowledge and for whatever reason they are not keen on anyone knowing the truth behind what is happening with this van. It seems madness to me. even if we had an official factory statement it would at least settle nerves and stop us all fretting.
Good luck! You will need it.

What have you decided to do? I can’t decide whether to wait or get it in time for summer and have an aftermarket place do the towbar
I’ve asked if they can do a deal with a used one they have in stock with a preferential buy back price, to tide me over until mine comes. If they can’t then I will probably do without the towbar but would really like the towbar as it comes with additional stability control functions you don’t get if you got it aftermarket

Guys just so you are all aware Volkswagen have actually instructed the chat not to give information out now regarding California orders as they have been giving the wrong information out to customers as the advisors know nothing about the list that each individual dealer has.

I’ve asked if they can do a deal with a used one they have in stock with a preferential buy back price, to tide me over until mine comes. If they can’t then I will probably do without the towbar but would really like the towbar as it comes with additional stability control functions you don’t get if you got it aftermarket.
Doesn’t the trailer stabilisation just get activated when the towbar is coded in? It’s just electronics with ABS. Or do you mean the trailer assist which is a different thing.

I’ve asked if they can do a deal with a used one they have in stock with a preferential buy back price, to tide me over until mine comes. If they can’t then I will probably do without the towbar but would really like the towbar as it comes with additional stability control functions you don’t get if you got it aftermarket
Incorrect I'm afraid. It depends which Towbar electrics are fitted. Westfalia approved, full functionality.

My dealer has said as it’s in build I can’t change the spec and remove the tow bar so I just have to wait I was build week 10. Seems ridiculous, has anyone else taken the tow bar option off after it’s gone into build?

I have just been in touch with my VW dealer, Listers Worcester they were very helpful and informed me that I am currently at status 10, number 99 on the list and an unconfirmed build of sometime in June. Here's a screenshot of the list that I was sent hopefully someone might find this useful.

image001.png

I have just been in touch with my VW dealer, Listers Worcester they were very helpful and informed me that I am currently at status 10, number 99 on the list and an unconfirmed build of sometime in June. Here's a screenshot of the list that I was sent hopefully someone might find this useful.

View attachment 77038
Interesting - I see my order number on there but haven't heard a thing from Listers about delays due to parts shortages or options to bring the build date foward by deleting them. If it wasn't for this forum I'd be completely unaware of these delays.

Now told by the dealer mine is due to be built in June. I think that is the 8th build week/month I've had.
Looking for a silver lining here - does that mean it will be a Model Year 2022? (MY22). If so, the WeConnect bizniz might actually work?

Spoke to our dealer yesterday re: our Coast, ordered 16th January.

We've now moved from a queue position of #350 8 weeks ago, to position #250, which they said was now looking like 'late June/early July' build.

Dealer mentioned they will be getting fortnightly updates from VW now and should be keeping us updated more regularly - fingers crossed!

Meanwhile, we've booked in for a test drive i in a couple of weeks, which will be the first time we've actually seen a Coast in the flesh and had the chance to have a play, so I'm very excited about that (even if the delivery date seems to be slipping somewhat). Que sera....

View attachment 77038
Will it be the case that those marked as June (That's what I am being given from our dealer) will be MY21 and those marked "Half Year 2" will be MY22 ?

Back