Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

June build with Towbar, May without.
I’ve removed the Towbar and dealer will organise aftermarket option to be fitted prior to collection. Will avoid the oem Westfalia as it turns out that it isn’t actually rated to do what I need it to ie. carry 4 bikes on rack. Didn’t tell me that on ordering! Thanks to another forum member for highlighting and subsequently confirmed by VW UK.
Ahh - so the factory towbar is unable to carry 4 bikes?! But can tow a caravan?!
Happy to delete the towbar and get the dealer to fit. I only need to carry 3 bikes now...but who knows

Ahh - so the factory towbar is unable to carry 4 bikes?! But can tow a caravan?!
Happy to delete the towbar and get the dealer to fit. I only need to carry 3 bikes now...but who knows
100kg nose weight for caravan/trailer etc. but max. 65kg for unsupported load ie. bike rack. Who knew!!
There’s a thread on here somewhere with the detail.

For those who are interested - here is the copy of the ‘list’ that i was sent - Listers Coventry took some of the numbers out of the other order numbers (ours is the top one), so unfortunately it won’t mean much to others. As you can see it is for each specific dealership (code), so I don’t know if all dealers can see all orders or only their own. I presume only their own??

A41F9CCB-1D0E-462D-A8E5-05E137B5E790.jpeg

For those who are interested - here is the copy of the ‘list’ that i was sent - Listers Coventry took some of the numbers out of the other order numbers (ours is the top one), so unfortunately it won’t mean much to others. As you can see it is for each specific dealership (code), so I don’t know if all dealers can see all orders or only their own. I presume only their own??

View attachment 76958
Thanks for this - as someone who works with spreadsheets I’m always curious as to how things get done in industry - whether good or bad! Bon chance.

Sold the previous Cali last Oct (on the promise of the new one being delivered in April, oops...) and put the money in to premium bonds for the long wait. Can thoroughly recommend it, a monthly bout of excitement as the cheque (or email now) drops through the door. Returned c.4% over the last 6mths too :cool: , which isn’t bad and there’s always the one in a million chance....Offsets the disappointment of the dealer updates a little. Perhaps the extra couple of months will prove to be lucky....
Exactly where out Cali money is right now, will be a shame to draw it out and stop the £50/£100 wins!

View attachment 76958
Should I be concerned that my van isn't on this list?

Is it Coventry that you have ordered from?

It may also be the case (although I have no idea) if this list is for a specific type of California - ie Ocean 204 4Motion (which is what ours is). What have you ordered?
Yes, Listers Coventry. It's a 204 (no 4m). Have popped them an email.

(Edit: Ordered late January, don't want to clog up the thread)

Last edited:
So having read the last 20 pages of this thread I’ve been playing bingo with options that might delay the build. And I’ve got to say I don’t think I’ve ever been so lucky at anything before. I managed to tick every box bar one:

towbar - check
Sliding door - check
DSG - check (obvs)
TPMS - check
Etc

I’ll phone my dealer (and see if he will answer and get back to me unlike the last few times) mine was meant to be arriving in June having been bought forward from august. Looks likely from the rest of you I won’t have it for summer. Tbh at least during winter is the time you actually want a camper van with a heater over a tent.

I guess these delays are only to be expected in this climate

So having read the last 20 pages of this thread I’ve been playing bingo with options that might delay the build. And I’ve got to say I don’t think I’ve ever been so lucky at anything before. I managed to tick every box bar one:

towbar - check
Sliding door - check
DSG - check (obvs)
TPMS - check
Etc

I’ll phone my dealer (and see if he will answer and get back to me unlike the last few times) mine was meant to be arriving in June having been bought forward from august. Looks likely from the rest of you I won’t have it for summer. Tbh at least during winter is the time you actually want a camper van with a heater over a tent.

I guess these delays are only to be expected in this climate
same, same, same....

Update on my order: It has arrived in the UK today !! so it was 20 days from arriving at Port of Emden to arriving in the UK at Tyne. I placed the order 2nd December for a 150 beach. Still nothing from the dealer haha

Anyone had any Coasts come through? Beaches seem to be the quickest but not heard of many coasts.
We ordered ours 31st December, no tow bar

I’ve been told today my beach will be delayed due to towbar, it was order in March for a June build, if I remove towbar it will still be a June build, all I’m told is if I keep towbar it will be July onwards with no guarantee on when

Do Beaches go through quicker then? My dealer said don't expect anything until Sept earliest, 150 Ocean with no towbar, ordered mid Feb. Wondering if UK dealers are getting people's hopes up unrealistically.

Update on my order: It has arrived in the UK today !! so it was 20 days from arriving at Port of Emden to arriving in the UK at Tyne. I placed the order 2nd December for a 150 beach. Still nothing from the dealer haha
My Beach order went through about 2 weeks before yours and I have had it for 7 weeks tomorrow... although I think I was lucky with the queue at Emden / weather window as mine was at dealers 3.5 weeks after build started... all my info came from VW chat (including that the vehicle was at the dealers... which they denied for 6 days and then found it... hmmm...)

Anyone had any Coasts come through? Beaches seem to be the quickest but not heard of many coasts.
We ordered ours 31st December, no tow bar
Our Coast was ordered at the end of November. Managed to wrestle some info from the dealer this morning via email. Now queue position 128, build scheduled for June. :(:(

Yup I got the call from my dealer if I remove towbar and tpms it will be built in June, if I don’t, then it will be built sometime in the 2nd half of the year no guarantee when

Mine's just landed in UK, ordered 14th Nov.
That’s great news. We ordered our Ocean on the very same day as you, however we’re still sitting at status 00 and our dealer ( VW Worcestershire via Autoebid ) is not answering our emails so I don’t even know what number we are on the list. It’s so frustrating as we need some clarity soon so we can put plans in place for summer.

That’s great news. We ordered our Ocean on the very same day as you, however we’re still sitting at status 00 and our dealer ( VW Worcestershire via Autoebid ) is not answering our emails so I don’t even know what number we are on the list. It’s so frustrating as we need some clarity soon so we can put plans in place for summer.
Hi Johnny if you are status 00 then you are not even on the list yet.

Hi Johnny if you are status 00 then you are not even on the list yet.
Thanks Dodge, that’s probably why they haven’t got back to me then, my question to them now is why I’m still at status 00. Straight after I ordered they sent me a copy of the order which was accepted on the 14th November and it’s only got one option of the 80l fuel tank, so I don’t know what’s gone wrong.

Yup I got the call from my dealer if I remove towbar and tpms it will be built in June, if I don’t, then it will be built sometime in the 2nd half of the year no guarantee when
What have you decided to do? I can’t decide whether to wait or get it in time for summer and have an aftermarket place do the towbar

Back