Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Just remembered this. Have you moved any further on? At Emden yet? Pointless asking my van to hold the boat, it's been sitting at Emden since 22nd March.....
My last update via chat was on Wednesday. Same status. 5/8. We don’t have any of the options published as being delayed. Though I suspect it is the blue bellows holding us up.

Just remembered this. Have you moved any further on? At Emden yet? Pointless asking my van to hold the boat, it's been sitting at Emden since 22nd March.....
Have you been given any plausible reason why your delivery is so delayed?

My last update via chat was on Wednesday. Same status. 5/8. We don’t have any of the options published as being delayed. Though I suspect it is the blue bellows holding us up.
You’d really hope it wasn’t just the bellows but this experience has showed us nothing is out of the question!! Take heart though, what you’ve lost in a protracted build time you can almost expect to make up with a brief wait at Emden!

My dealer was very competitive compared to the DTD price, so all benefits of DTD savings but with main dealer backup, win win.

Congrats on your order, what was the total percentage off of you don’t mind me asking. I was getting 11% last month with the help from VW, now it’s about 9%

Indeed she would, and she would be very happy right up until she found out she could actually have two (and a bit) years of free Oyster Bay and a traditional dealer-customer relationship. But she is hard to please...
Which dealer?

Have you been given any plausible reason why your delivery is so delayed?
They initially started with "it can take up to 15 days to get on a ship"...... then it went to 20 days. Now it's "there is a backlog at the port with the bad weather from a few weeks ago and sheer number of vehicles" VW chat say there's nothing else they can say other than that and I should contact the Dealership. Dealer says the van is due in April....

I think we all know the best thing to do is just leave it alone and wait to be contacted when the van arrives at a UK port but it's all so vague. If only VW could just give a regular update to everybody with (accurate) timeframes?

Last edited:
Just had my Beeeze update - my Jan ordered Ocean will be made sometime in the second half of this year oh well - not ideal but - not unexpected - we’re staying positive and seeing it as more chance to save a bigger deposit. Managed to get our camping pitches changed to tent pitches (glad I hadn’t sold the tent yet!) and we’re now assuming not to see it before Christmas! Anyone else had similar today?

Just had my Beeeze update - my Jan ordered Ocean will be made sometime in the second half of this year oh well - not ideal but - not unexpected - we’re staying positive and seeing it as more chance to save a bigger deposit. Managed to get our camping pitches changed to tent pitches (glad I hadn’t sold the tent yet!) and we’re now assuming not to see it before Christmas! Anyone else had similar today?
I dare not ask the dealer! From the beginning, he said my Feb-ordered Ocean wouldn’t arrive til September/October earliest so I’m fine with another summer of mixing tent and van camping (T5 Multivan). Plus I don’t have anywhere to keep it yet!

October would be nice - sometimes the weather here is brilliant in Oct - but if it slips into winter I’ll be disappointed.

They initially started with "it can take up to 15 days to get on a ship"...... then it went to 20 days. Now it's "there is a backlog at the port with the bad weather from a few weeks ago and sheer number of vehicles" VW chat say there's nothing else they can say other than that and I should contact the Dealership. Dealer says the van is due in April....

I think we all know the best thing to do is just leave it alone and wait to be contacted when the van arrives at a UK port but it's all so vague. If only VW could just give a regular update to everybody with (accurate) timeframes?
I find this odd because mine arrived at port on 30th March, changed to code 38 on 7th April, and got on a ship to Tyne yesterday. Although at this point who knows what their method is, bit shambolic.

I find this odd because mine arrived at port on 30th March, changed to code 38 on 7th April, and got on a ship to Tyne yesterday. Although at this point who knows what their method is, bit shambolic.
I was told the back log is affecting mainly Grimsby (where mine is scheduled to go in the system) and not Sheerness or Tyne. I don’t think I would ever find out what the actual reason is and the more we all share our individual circumstances, the more we realise none of it makes any sense! I’m just going to have to suck it up and wait my turn. Mine arrived at Emden on the 22nd Match, changed to status 38 on the 24th but has been there ever since!?!

Hmm mine arrived there on the 30th too.. I wonder if it’s also made it aboard. I’ll ping them on Monday.

Just to add a bit more data in to the mix, our order went in on 5th October 2020 (Listers, Coventry) and we are now at position 68 - build expected for June. Could be May build if we deleted our tow bar, which we’re not going to do.

We are the next Cali coming in to Listers Coventry from the list they shared with us, and there are some which are position 600 (!) in the queue !!

All good things come to those who wait... I just want to get excited about getting it but it still seems some way off so I’m not allowing myself that pleasure just yet. Having had a T6 Ocean before we’re just looking forward to having one back again with the minor improvements that the T6.1 brings.

Just to add a bit more data in to the mix, our order went in on 5th October 2020 (Listers, Coventry) and we are now at position 68 - build expected for June. Could be May build if we deleted our tow bar, which we’re not going to do.

We are the next Cali coming in to Listers Coventry from the list they shared with us, and there are some which are position 600 (!) in the queue !!

All good things come to those who wait... I just want to get excited about getting it but it still seems some way off so I’m not allowing myself that pleasure just yet. Having had a T6 Ocean before we’re just looking forward to having one back again with the minor improvements that the T6.1 brings.
You ordered 3 days before me. I rang Eurovans, mute as ever, on Friday who said there’s a new list being issued next week. From the info on here it sounds like it’s already been issued but they hadn’t got their heads round it yet. I also have a towbar spec’d...
A June build would be getting tight for our trip to Cornwall last week of July...

You ordered 3 days before me. I rang Eurovans, mute as ever, on Friday who said there’s a new list being issued next week. From the info on here it sounds like it’s already been issued but they hadn’t got their heads round it yet. I also have a towbar spec’d...
A June build would be getting tight for our trip to Cornwall last week of July...

The list exists - Listers sent me a screenshot of it.

Yes I think end of July might be a bit tight to be honest. Our order date stated was the date that the dealer actually placed the order on the VW system, not the date we placed it (last week of Sept), so I don’t know if that means anything to you at all?

With 4 weeks of transit time being typical and worst-case scenario of last week of June build for you, It might be doubtful unfortunately.

Our first planned holiday in ours is September - and we haven’t really started booking anything for that yet, waiting until we have a confirmed build week.

As a matter of interest, is your Dealership in the north? Assuming not in Essex as the van was shipped to Tyne?

This is why none of these lists make any sense. My order also went in on 5th October. Also with Listers. Shouldn't they all be built at the same time if VW said they would be prioritising builds in chronological order? Mine has been built and has been sitting at Emden for 4 weeks with no explanation of why it hasn't been put on a ship apart from there is a back log due to factory closure. If there was a factory closure, I would expect there to be fewer vans at the port rather than an excess..

Yes I think end of July might be a bit tight to be honest. Our order date stated was the date that the dealer actually placed the order on the VW system, not the date we placed it (last week of Sept), so I don’t know if that means anything to you at all?

With 4 weeks of transit time being typical and worst-case scenario of last week of June build for you, It might be doubtful unfortunately.

Our first planned holiday in ours is September - and we haven’t really started booking anything for that yet, waiting until we have a confirmed build week.
Given ours has now been in build for 6 weeks I wouldn’t place any bets based on confirmed build week.

This is why none of these lists make any sense. My order also went in on 5th October. Also with Listers. Shouldn't they all be built at the same time if VW said they would be prioritising builds in chronological order? Mine has been built and has been sitting at Emden for 4 weeks with no explanation of why it hasn't been put on a ship apart from there is a back log due to factory closure. If there was a factory closure, I would expect there to be fewer vans at the port rather than an excess..
The pessimist in me thinks “the list” is just another set of smoke and mirrors to keep us entertained while we wait.

Yes I recognise that date, but only from this forum. My “acce date” is 15 October.
Eurovans said they’d call me next week (never actually happened before but you never know) - I may ask if they’ll delete the towbar and for aftermarket if that’s the issue.

As a comparator, my order was placed 9 Oct and accepted on the system 14 Oct; now #38 on the list, having previously been #96. So doesn‘t seem entirely chronological.
I may ask if they’ll delete the towbar and for aftermarket if that’s the issue.
If it helps with your conversation, I grilled the dealer on what components were causing delays - I didn’t want to delete the towbar just to find out that xxxx was also a known issue thus countering any benefit. They said that there were 3 specific options highlighted causing extended delays, removal of which would bring forward build dates; towbar (specifically electrics), tyre pressure monitoring system and the sports/style packages. I’m only affected by the towbar but know you have at least the sports pack specified.

As a comparator, my order was placed 9 Oct and accepted on the system 14 Oct; now #38 on the list, having previously been #96. So doesn‘t seem entirely chronological.

If it helps with your conversation, I grilled the dealer on what components were causing delays - I didn’t want to delete the towbar just to find out that xxxx was also a known issue thus countering any benefit. They said that there were 3 specific options highlighted causing extended delays, removal of which would bring forward build dates; towbar (specifically electrics), tyre pressure monitoring system and the sports/style packages. I’m only affected by the towbar but know you have at least the sports pack specified.
Thanks
Yes I have those 2 options spec’d. So even with the towbar spec’d you are #38, having moved up the list? When do they now estimate your delivery?

I did it through the dealer, I was told that due to bad weather over the month ships were delayed so less journeys were made therefore available storage on the docks filled up. This meat they had to take off port storage and a lot of vehicles were sent there. Then when things improved they focused on the stock at the docks even gave priority to newly delivered vans from the factory leaving those stored off docks. Mine was one of those parked off the docks and it took them 2 days to find it, but when they did they dug it out and put it on the fist ship out of Emden which was to Sheerness even though I live near Grimsby. Still it is now in the UK (I am told) !!
When you eventually get your Cali I'd advise taking all wheels off as the centres may well have rusted/corroded and need cleaning and a good layer of polish putting on or small amount of silicone or Copper Grease.

Good practice regardless of any delayed transit to prevent wheel being stuck on in future.

Mine were showing signs of corrosion and it wasn't stored for more than a couple of weeks during winter.

"The List exists "
Any chance of you posting the screen shot of the list. It's something that my supplying dealer seems to be unaware of. I'm intrigued to see what it looks like. Thanks in anticipation.

When you eventually get your Cali I'd advise taking all wheels off as the centres may well have rusted/corroded and need cleaning and a good layer of polish putting on or small amount of silicone or Copper Grease.

Good practice regardless of any delayed transit to prevent wheel being stuck on in future.

Mine were showing signs of corrosion and it wasn't stored for more than a couple of weeks during winter.
They don’t put the silicone/copper grease on at the factory?

Thanks
Yes I have those 2 options spec’d. So even with the towbar spec’d you are #38, having moved up the list? When do they now estimate your delivery?
June build with Towbar, May without.
I’ve removed the Towbar and dealer will organise aftermarket option to be fitted prior to collection. Will avoid the oem Westfalia as it turns out that it isn’t actually rated to do what I need it to ie. carry 4 bikes on rack. Didn’t tell me that on ordering! Thanks to another forum member for highlighting and subsequently confirmed by VW UK.

Back