Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Oh Thanks for the info. My van may well have been lost next to yours. Yes, ironic that I'm in Greater London and I ordered through Autoebid with Listers Worcestershire. They contacted me quicker than Drivethedeal and there was £34 difference at the time so went with Listers. It's only in hindsight and this forum that I realise Drivethedeal would have been with Eurovans Crawley which is only 23 miles from me...not 150 miles with Listers! No camping trips booked till end of May so will be patient for another week or so. Plan to have the van delivered on a low loader if possible rather than go up. VW delivered a car to us two weeks ago on a low loader. It was actually a really nice experience for lots of reasons! Pleased for you that you've managed to get some resolution. I can empathise completely with the frustration. Never expected buying a California would be such a fraught experience.
I wonder if Listers have been better communicators than Eurovans though. Eurovans haven’t contacted me once since Sending me the order confirmation in October. Fingers crossed you get your keys soon

The main dealers are just as bad. They never contact me and I have to chase them for updates with multiple emails and phone calls half the time.

Hi Guys

I appreciate where every single one of you are coming from at the moment with your orders and it must be increasingly frustrating for all of you. What I will say please ignore the online chats as they are using the online factory system to check when your orders will get built.

As of yesterday at 4.00pm we got auctioned a new list from Volkswagen which we are working through and communicating that to our customers. If any of my customers are on here and I didn’t call you yesterday I will be calling you today to give you an update.

Ask your dealers now that should have the new list that they have been given where your order is in the pipeline.

Hi Guys

I appreciate where every single one of you are coming from at the moment with your orders and it must be increasingly frustrating for all of you. What I will say please ignore the online chats as they are using the online factory system to check when your orders will get built.

As of yesterday at 4.00pm we got auctioned a new list from Volkswagen which we are working through and communicating that to our customers. If any of my customers are on here and I didn’t call you yesterday I will be calling you today to give you an update.

Ask your dealers now that should have the new list that they have been given where your order is in the pipeline.
Thanks @Tomdbreeze . That's really useful. Now all I need is for my dealership to respond to emails! Anyone regret not ordering from @Tomdbreeze? If there ever is a "next time", I will drive to Poole !

Thanks @Tomdbreeze . That's really useful. Now all I need is for my dealership to respond to emails! Anyone regret not ordering from @Tomdbreeze? If there ever is a "next time", I will drive to Poole !
Thanks for the kind words! Don’t get me wrong I don’t always get it right all the time but I try my best too.

It isn’t good news coming...

Notified from my dealer (4Motion Ocean) that was No.53 - supposed to be built March and delivered April.

Components in short supply affecting my build:

Sports Package and Tow Bar (electrics) = 12 week delay

Delete the above = 8 week delay

Very disappointed - only upside is spare cash and possibility of a MY22 specification.

Buckle up!

I spoke to my dealer yesterday to try and work out if we should give up hoping the van would be delivered this summer. We’ve gone from 176 on the first list which at the time was a March build to 104 on the new list. Sounds like now we could have a June build but only if we remove the tow bar. Anyway either way it’s pretty clear it’s not going to be here this summer. So will keep the tow bar and wait it out!

Guess these numbers suggest they’ve been able to build 72 vehicles ahead of us on the list in that timeframe.

Hey Dodge, we are booked to come up to Northumberland in June...I am a keen wildlife photographer so going on the Farne Islands

Just thought, they pass Hull on route to you so probably drop mine off on route
June will be a good time for the Farne Islands it will be the height of Puffin season but the babies will still be in the burrows i think. We are only about 30 minutes drive along the coast from Seahouses so know the area quite well, i like it later in the year when the seal pups are out and about. It will be busy in June I think. One of the big plus points for the California for me is that i can work from it on my "home office" days so I get to go to the beach every day.

It isn’t good news coming...

Notified from my dealer (4Motion Ocean) that was No.53 - supposed to be built March and delivered April.

Components in short supply affecting my build:

Sports Package and Tow Bar (electrics) = 12 week delay

Delete the above = 8 week delay

Very disappointed - only upside is spare cash and possibility of a MY22 specification.

Buckle up!
Likewise. I’m now order 14 on ‘the list’. When do MY specs normally change?

Likewise. I’m now order 14 on ‘the list’. When do MY specs normally change?
Do they have such a think as a MY change. My order has only been 7 months and we have seen two pricing changes, two specification changes and a new engine spec introduced as well as some odd configuration option packs. I would say its a continual evolution managed in a less than dynamic way. My money would be on the new vehicle being introduced to the world in June but not actually being available to order till 2022 and get delivered in 2023. So a price hike on the current model with the odd tweak would be introduced in September 2021. Thought i could be completely out on my guess.

Do they have such a think as a MY change. My order has only been 7 months and we have seen two pricing changes, two specification changes and a new engine spec introduced as well as some odd configuration option packs. I would say its a continual evolution managed in a less than dynamic way. My money would be on the new vehicle being introduced to the world in June but not actually being available to order till 2022 and get delivered in 2023. So a price hike on the current model with the odd tweak would be introduced in September 2021. Thought i could be completely out on my guess.
The MY changes are subtle-ish changes to the current version (. And can go either way depending on your view.

Eg:

MY21 removed the Sport mode on the DSG

MY22 has been rumoured to introduce better We Connect App functionality. Amongst others

I wonder if Listers have been better communicators than Eurovans though. Eurovans haven’t contacted me once since Sending me the order confirmation in October. Fingers crossed you get your keys soon
Eurovans supply the vans for dtd. When l spoke to them earlier this year they had taken over a hundred California orders. It's the old sales thing, "stack em high, sell them cheap". Having that throughput of vans, I'm not surprised they aren't able to communicate with owners properly. Perhaps we could try ordering through our local van dealer, so they get the sales, as well as the grief putting all the Warranty issues right. Otherwise they might not be there for us in the future.

Great pic looking forward to getting mine , fingers crossed for a week tomorrow which will be 8 months from the date my order was accepted by VW as you get closer the delays and frustrations start to leave your mind and they are replaced with the adventures ahead.

can I ask you all...and I know it is a little off topic but.....has anyone taken delivery of a 6.1 that has a factory fitted tow bar on it (to pull a caravan).... I am concerned that not all the necessary pins in the electrics pin are connected as standard Which means while travelling the fridge and the caravan anti skate system does not work
Have just connected van electrics light is ‘red’. And there was no ‘whirring’ noise when I plugged in. The loan caravelle when hooked up the anti snake light went green and there was a whirring noise as it connected.
I don’t have the handbook with me for Eriba so can’t check.
Lights in caravan for driving are working.

Right come on someone, cheer us up, what’s the rumours for the MY22 build and if you ordered in Jan - will you automatically get an MY22 build if it’s not built til after June?

Hi Guys

Hi all,
I am one of Tom's customers and while i don't post often to this forum i saw he was taking some flack here on a recent thread so i thought i would relate my experience ... so far.

I placed my order in November and Tom has sent me a video update almost every week since. Yesterday he called me with the disappointing news of the delay, he gave me some well thought through options to minimise the impact by dropping certain selections and/or switching to post delivery fitting (of the tow-bar).
While the delay from VW is unwelcome, i think that given current world problems it is not entirely a surprise and Tom has made a really good effort to keep me informed and help me make choices to reduce the delay .. my forecast build has gone from May to June (fingers crossed).

Tom is one of the few dealer reps to take the trouble to communicate on this forum and i would encourage him to continue.

Eurovans supply the vans for dtd. When l spoke to them earlier this year they had taken over a hundred California orders. It's the old sales thing, "stack em high, sell them cheap". Having that throughput of vans, I'm not surprised they aren't able to communicate with owners properly. Perhaps we could try ordering through our local van dealer, so they get the sales, as well as the grief putting all the Warranty issues right. Otherwise they might not be there for us in the future.
Yes I’d prefer that but neither of the dealers I spoke to would match the DTD price. That VW allows discounting puts the traditional local dealer at a disadvantage to the ‘pile em high’ lot. Not many people can turn a blind eye to a £8000 discount. I was blind to Eurovans terrible service when I ordered, though. And I have heard tales of local dealers being similarly silent, Breeze excepted of course.

Previous April build now June; or May with towbar deleted. Had been toying with switching to an after market towbar anyway given the limited unsupported load capacity of the factory fit Westfalia (max. 65kg, a fair way short of the 80kg+ I need for the rack and 4 bikes). So easy decision, fingers now crossed for a May build.

I spoke to my dealer yesterday to try and work out if we should give up hoping the van would be delivered this summer. We’ve gone from 176 on the first list which at the time was a March build to 104 on the new list. Sounds like now we could have a June build but only if we remove the tow bar. Anyway either way it’s pretty clear it’s not going to be here this summer. So will keep the tow bar and wait it out!

Guess these numbers suggest they’ve been able to build 72 vehicles ahead of us on the list in that timeframe.
Just searching back through your posts, trying to see when you ordered. Looks like it must have been Oct. So a good month before us. (213 on the old list - Ordered late Nov) No reply to my email this week, so I will be calling SMG on Monday to see what the latest guess might be. I know its a genuine 1st world problem, but come on dealers eh? An email update costs nothing.

Not how I wanted to end a Friday but just had a dealer update to say that (like @Kernowboy) our expected April build is now "estimated" to be June. :( Apparently, another one of the parts shortages is DSG components (kind of important). Not good news but it is what it is and they've been told to quote 12 months wait on all new orders, so I'm glad we got in when we did. Going forward, VW are going to provide dealers with 4-weekly updates on the queue. At least I have my queue number now. Say hello to 'Number 129'.

Not how I wanted to end a Friday but just had a dealer update to say that (like @Kernowboy) our expected April build is now "estimated" to be June. :( Apparently, another one of the parts shortages is DSG components (kind of important). Not good news but it is what it is and they've been told to quote 12 months wait on all new orders, so I'm glad we got in when we did. Going forward, VW are going to provide dealers with 4-weekly updates on the queue. At least I have my queue number now. Say hello to 'Number 129'.
Had an email from my deal saying they've had an updated list and will call us soon once he's worked his way through it.
We are number 333.
Ordered 31st December.
Originally April pick up, then July. Wonder what we are now.
To be honest, even though it would be nice for July, at the end of the day, it's just nice knowing we have one on the way. I'd rather them take their time and it be right.

Had an email from my deal saying they've had an updated list and will call us soon once he's worked his way through it.
We are number 333.
Ordered 31st December.
Originally April pick up, then July. Wonder what we are now.
To be honest, even though it would be nice for July, at the end of the day, it's just nice knowing we have one on the way. I'd rather them take their time and it be right.
It'll all be worth it in the end.... right?

Back