Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Our T6.1 4Motion (standard tank)
Ordered end of Sept. 2020
Now Status 20.
Confirmed build week 11.
Should be ready for the collection at the end of April. Happy days
Happy days indeed. Good to see these starting to move forward. Enjoy!

Last edited:
IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Thanks for the comments. Just sent this. Sorry of it’s a bit of a rabble, got a few things going on this week...

View attachment 74223

View attachment 74224
Maybe they are short handed and not gotten round to doing the PDI yet and stalling for time, even so, it doesn't bode well for when our van eventually arrives. Did you have bother with them on a previous order?

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
all very quiet here is everyone sat with their fingers crossed ?

Swello

Swello

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
My 204 4-Motion is allegedly in build right now - but given the discrepancies between chat and dealers, etc - I'm not getting excited until it's on the boat :)

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
It was said somewhat tongue in cheek, but last time VW changed the emission bits all the vans had to be subsequentally recalled & remapped as the emissions were too high.

One of the results of that was the 204 engine became a 199 & adblu consumption increased to the extent that VW compensated owners.
Not quite correct. Some engines had a reprogram of the Adblue system to give better soot cleaning of the exhaust system, nox level.
VW gave a number of free Adblue top ups to compensate for the higher Adblue consumption. Wasn't a must do recall as it was optional whether to have it done or not. This mainly for 150 engines initially and rolled over to 204 which didn't become a 199, only new factory spec was 199.. All of a now typical VW emissions mess.
New 204 has a 2 stage emission system with a doubling of the Adblue tank capacity to give a better range between fill ups.

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
My 204 4-Motion is allegedly in build right now - but given the discrepancies between chat and dealers, etc - I'm not getting excited until it's on the boat :)
When did you order

patflash

patflash

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
I ordered a 204 4 motion At the end of September. Last week I was told I had a build slot in March according to the list that VW sent to dealers. I foolishly decided to talk to VW chat today and they told me I was set for a May build date and that I was code 10. I’ve pinged Euro vans Crawley hoping for a better answer. Honestly this is getting so ridiculous :)

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I have just checked with VW chat and they are still saying I have a confirmed build date of week 9 and I ordered mid August so fingers crossed

Ladymuck

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Still awaiting my week 51 build. The dealer told me in January he had every confidence it would be ready for collection 1st March hmmmm..
.. since it has been sat at the port of exit nearly 10 days now I think that's unlikely. What a painful process this is turning out to be !!

• Sad
Reactions: Sad
Minime082

Minime082

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
For people asking about the extra weight and change from 199 to 204 this is the reason why. I have finally got a 204 caravelle to have a look at and it appears the DPF has been turned 90 degrees and a new cooling module has been installed above it. New turbo and exhaust layout. Plus multiple new sensors.
20210226_075402.jpg20210226_075151.jpg

F

Footy69

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
delivery Thursday of our very first Cali Ocean 150 DSG in indium Grey, there is hope ! Looking forward to our Cali adventures, the weathers looking good for next weekend so, picnics and chippy teas Cali style is about as good as it will get. Bit with lots of campsites booked for summer expeditions there is good times coming. Listers communications over past fortnight have been spot on, can’t fault the customer care ! Happy Campers ☺️

VW California Club