Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Might be worth having one of these just to check now and in future.

Or a more expensive unit

Thanks for the tip. My list of accessories gets longer... need another double garage to store everything :oops:

Might be worth having one of these just to check now and in future.

Or a more expensive unit

Not sure if the 1st one will work on the California with factory fitted electrics.

Screenshot_20210415_144506.jpg

Okay Alison thank you for that

i don’t get the Cali until the 23rd..but I checked with VW as I had this problem on all the X5s I have had. The dealer is not sure and trying to find out !!!
JandA, is you Cali still in Emden or has it got on a boat to Grimsby?

Hi - was reading this thread having been informed that our week 20 Ocean order, placed last Nov is now to be built ‘sometime in June’ - have holiday booked in SW early July based on 2 former build dates - what a shambles!
Then I realised the dates for this thread are last year!
Anyone else got the same issue in 2021?

JandA, is you Cali still in Emden or has it got on a boat to Grimsby?
Well I kicked up a bit of a stink early last week and the Brand Director called me to discuss the situation since then things have moved forward. I was told it was shipped to Sheerness on Tuesday as shipping to Grimsby has massive delays due to weather. I am told it should be at the dealer in Hull early to mid next week and I told them I want to collect it Friday (Saturday latest) as it is booked in for a body treatment on the following Monday and I can’t loose my slot. So we will see what happens...strange isn’t it, mine is in Sheerness and live near Grimsby and I am guessing you think yours is coming to Grimsby and you live in London. Apparently mine was lost in an off port overflow car park hence the reason it’s not here already and when it was found the first boat leaving Emden was going to Sheerness.

Well I kicked up a bit of a stink early last week and the Brand Director called me to discuss the situation since then things have moved forward. I was told it was shipped to Sheerness on Tuesday as shipping to Grimsby has massive delays due to weather. I am told it should be at the dealer in Hull early to mid next week and I told them I want to collect it Friday (Saturday latest) as it is booked in for a body treatment on the following Monday and I can’t loose my slot. So we will see what happens...strange isn’t it, mine is in Sheerness and live near Grimsby and I am guessing you think yours is coming to Grimsby and you live in London. Apparently mine was lost in an off port overflow car park hence the reason it’s not here already and when it was found the first boat leaving Emden was going to Sheerness.
Hey JandA,

I was on the same boat, they told me today an "order for transport" was raised yesterday by the dealer so expect it to be at the dealer early next week. They also said by it could take 10 days. I have requested a collection on Friday 23rd, at the minute they seem to be conveniently ignoring that part of the conversation so i have another follow up to make tomorrow.

Sad to read this
Where are you booked in for a body treatment? What you having done?

Hey JandA,

I was on the same boat, they told me today an "order for transport" was raised yesterday by the dealer so expect it to be at the dealer early next week. They also said by it could take 10 days. I have requested a collection on Friday 23rd, at the minute they seem to be conveniently ignoring that part of the conversation so i have another follow up to make tomorrow.
How good is that, they might be sisters!! ....keep me informed how you get on and will do the same

Sad to read this
Where are you booked in for a body treatment? What you having done?
PPF round the front and ceramic elsewhere...hope it’s all as good as they say it is !

More excuses. Mine’s been there 17 days now and no sign of it moving so suspect there’s lots more in the same boat (or not as the case may be).

Hey JandA,

Hey Dodge, we are booked to come up to Northumberland in June...I am a keen wildlife photographer so going on the Farne Islands

Hey JandA,

Just thought, they pass Hull on route to you so probably drop mine off on route

Was told today by one of the main vw approved converters that vw are introducing a 26 week delay on all factory T6.1 Transporter orders.

More excuses. Mine’s been there 17 days now and no sign of it moving so suspect there’s lots more in the same boat (or not as the case may be).
Yes, mine's been there since 22nd March!!!!

It's really quite disappointing to hear that you had to complain. Did you kick up your stink with the dealer or VW Chat?? Mine's been at Emden for 24 days now and I suppose a point will be reached where I may be compelled to make a similar fuss.

It's really quite disappointing to hear that you had to complain. Did you kick up your stink with the dealer or VW Chat?? Mine's been at Emden for 24 days now and I suppose a point will be reached where I may be compelled to make a similar fuss.
I did it through the dealer, I was told that due to bad weather over the month ships were delayed so less journeys were made therefore available storage on the docks filled up. This meat they had to take off port storage and a lot of vehicles were sent there. Then when things improved they focused on the stock at the docks even gave priority to newly delivered vans from the factory leaving those stored off docks. Mine was one of those parked off the docks and it took them 2 days to find it, but when they did they dug it out and put it on the fist ship out of Emden which was to Sheerness even though I live near Grimsby. Still it is now in the UK (I am told) !!

I did it through the dealer, I was told that due to bad weather over the month ships were delayed so less journeys were made therefore available storage on the docks filled up. This meat they had to take off port storage and a lot of vehicles were sent there. Then when things improved they focused on the stock at the docks even gave priority to newly delivered vans from the factory leaving those stored off docks. Mine was one of those parked off the docks and it took them 2 days to find it, but when they did they dug it out and put it on the fist ship out of Emden which was to Sheerness even though I live near Grimsby. Still it is now in the UK (I am told) !!
Oh Thanks for the info. My van may well have been lost next to yours. Yes, ironic that I'm in Greater London and I ordered through Autoebid with Listers Worcestershire. They contacted me quicker than Drivethedeal and there was £34 difference at the time so went with Listers. It's only in hindsight and this forum that I realise Drivethedeal would have been with Eurovans Crawley which is only 23 miles from me...not 150 miles with Listers! No camping trips booked till end of May so will be patient for another week or so. Plan to have the van delivered on a low loader if possible rather than go up. VW delivered a car to us two weeks ago on a low loader. It was actually a really nice experience for lots of reasons! Pleased for you that you've managed to get some resolution. I can empathise completely with the frustration. Never expected buying a California would be such a fraught experience.

26wks on top of the current delays? Or for new orders?
I assumed new orders but he did not give that much detail. He said it was going to hammer their cash flow as most of their work is converting new vans. Ford are also, according to them, introducing something similar for new vans.

Oh Thanks for the info. My van may well have been lost next to yours. Yes, ironic that I'm in Greater London and I ordered through Autoebid with Listers Worcestershire. They contacted me quicker than Drivethedeal and there was £34 difference at the time so went with Listers. It's only in hindsight and this forum that I realise Drivethedeal would have been with Eurovans Crawley which is only 23 miles from me...not 150 miles with Listers! No camping trips booked till end of May so will be patient for another week or so. Plan to have the van delivered on a low loader if possible rather than go up. VW delivered a car to us two weeks ago on a low loader. It was actually a really nice experience for lots of reasons! Pleased for you that you've managed to get some resolution. I can empathise completely with the frustration. Never expected buying a California would be such a fraught experience.
I felt enough was enough, when you are paying all that money and have put faith in a dealer direct rather than a third party that I deserved some commitment and to be fair that’s what I got So I was pleased with how they got on the case. I was not bothered about having it before we got some release from lockdown as it would have just sat in the garage so this will work well for me with the other arrangements I have made assuming I get it on the 23rd and I know the dealer trying to sort that. I also wanted someone close in case I get any issues and I guess I have paid a bit of a premium for that let’s hope we all get out and about in the coming weeks

With all the vans parked up at the port, is it becoming a case of Who shouts the loudest gets on the next ship ?

With all the vans parked up at the port, is it becoming a case of Who shouts the loudest gets on the next ship ?
I have an app .. shiptracking..and I follow which ships, if any are coming from Emden each day. There are non currently in Grimsby but the Malacca Highway, this carries vehicles only, is currently in Emden it arrived from Sheerness at 09.30 this morning so I am guess it will set off on its way back sometime tomorrow

More of case of where it’s parked at the port if all storage facilities are at capacity so guess that those closest to the ramp will go first, otherwise it becomes an expensive game a solitaire. Every move will incur a shifting cost(s) depending on how many other vehicles need to be moved to get a particular vehicle out...so would guess that dealers will only know what is coming when it actually arrives, despite what they might have been promised by HQ.

On the non car side but still linked...Demand for bulk raw materials in Europe is very high at the moment, with many anchorages congested with vessels waiting to discharge. Suez blockage put a big spanner in the works by interrupting the usual cargo flow resulting in some factories do/will not have product at the right time so need to shut production line, but will then have a glut of raw materials at the wrong time...which then has a knock on effect somewhere else. Most ports now working overtime with costs being covered by the receivers as they need the product to feed their factories (which is very unusual, generally covered by shipping line as dependant on daily vessel cost / loading date for next cargo), but there is only so much labour available at any port.

Hi - was reading this thread having been informed that our week 20 Ocean order, placed last Nov is now to be built ‘sometime in June’ - have holiday booked in SW early July based on 2 former build dates - what a shambles!
Then I realised the dates for this thread are last year!
Anyone else got the same issue in 2021?
exactly the same. I was recently told on VW chat (ordered Dec 5) build of September!!!! After being told, April, May, June etc etc....I've given up thinking about it. for what is a premium purchase, this part is terrible. You have my sympathy.

Back