New T6.1 order delays

calibusje

calibusje

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Good news!
But why some receive months, and others weeks is (yet another) mystery to me
Delivery month in the beginning (after ordering), afterwards, if you get a build week (was telephoned for that last week) you can also state a delivery week. Ours is normally made soon (week 8) and an assumed delivery week is stated; I stick to a delivery month ;)
Greetings

Wogga

Wogga

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I spoke to Eurovans on Friday 12 February. They had just received the ‘new list’ which included mine as an April build. So probably delivered in May. This new list is a commitment from the factory they said. Fingers crossed.
Good luck buddy you have had a fair wait for a 150, makes you wonder where the parts come from. I just bought some genuine VW wind deflectors made in Australia lol.

thojak

thojak

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Got info from the german caliboard forum that the recent delays may depend on the closing of the Limmer factory outside Hannover. This factory builds the kitchen module for Ocean and Coast and have had a serious Covid outbreak. Beach seems not affected.
I had unconfirmed build week 17 before the weekend but is now back on none, status 4.
Limmer factory is closed at least until wednesday the 24th of February. Info from Caliboard in Germany.

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Learnt something interesting today. Went to a different dealer and asked them to look at my on order config. Turns out that the config I have had on order since August cannot be built under the weight limits (150 beach, 4motion, electric roof). Order now cancelled and new beach from stock being collected next week.

the model I am collecting (150, 4motion, mini kitchen, 7 seats) does not come with an awning because it would be overweight in the VW config but dealer chucked in an awning but cannot install it before sale. I believe if the seats were removed then I could have the awning.

seems that the weight limit issue is not understood by all dealers, certainly true in my case so worth checking. May explain why the U.K. beach with the 3 seat bench is only offered with 1 additional seat but WAG on my part!

Dodge1311

Dodge1311

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Well after much anguish the end is in sight. The dealer, chat and customer services are all aligned, my build is confirmed for W/C 15th March. No change to spec required no weight issues just a confirmed slot that is almost here.

I am not going to ask again for an update just in case it triggers another death spiral, for now i will go about my days happy in the knowledge that i can take the awning down from the garden, stop using ridgemonkeys in the kitchen and using the geyser to shower in the garage safe in the knowledge that they will soon have a home of their own and i don't need to act like a crazy person anymore.

I just need campervanbits to get in the next delivery from brandrup and my life will be complete.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Sorry to be a nuisance. Does anyone know what code 70 means in practice.
I have VW Chat saying delivered to dealer and dealer saying van has not been delivered yet...:rolleyes:

S

Stu@rt

Vehicle
N/A
I have VW Chat saying delivered to dealer and dealer saying van has not been delivered yet...:rolleyes:
00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled.
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled.
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed.
30 = In transit from factory.
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled.
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled.
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed.
30 = In transit from factory.
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer
Thank you so much.
My van was delivered (according to VW chat) on 17th February. Dealers says not yet delivered... I am not only annoyed, but suspicious, based on last delivery experience...

S

Stu@rt

Vehicle
N/A
Thank you so much.
My van was delivered (according to VW chat) on 17th February. Dealers says not yet delivered... I am not only annoyed, but suspicious, based on last delivery experience...
Best of luck that you get some clarification soon. I'm just jealous. I'd settle for 20 at the moment. Sounds like she'll be with you soon. Good luck

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Thank you so much.
Hmmm
Not Eurovans Crawley is it?

K

Kernowboy

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Had similar a few years ago with my first Cali. VW reckoned it was at dealer 3 days before dealer acknowledged it was with them. On collection it had 24 miles on the clock which I questioned and was told it was normal delivery miles. Didn’t seem right to me but some internet research suggested up to 50 mlies would be considered normal, so I let it go. It also had a small stress mark on the drivers seat plastic trim, which I didn’t spot until later and which I didn’t know then but soon discovered was a tell tale of the seat being turned with the handbrake on. Could have been nothing but I always had a suspicion that the dealer had used it as a demo for a customer as they didn’t have one at the time. Will never know for sure. So I would be asking some questions and checking carefully on pick up, just in case.

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Our T6.1 4Motion (standard tank)
Ordered end of Sept. 2020
Now Status 20.
Confirmed build week 11.
Should be ready for the collection at the end of April. Happy days

VW California Club