Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi, yes we were 115, actually ordered last week of Oct.
I’m supposedly 90 something on ‘the list’, ordered early Oct. I‘m still being told it will be built in April, but no confirmed build week and VWCV chat are saying provisional build week 24; it was 22 a couple weeks ago. Rapidly losing any kind of faith in VW, the ‘list’ seems to be a blatant attempt to placate customers but doesn’t seem to have any grounding in reality.
Were you 4Mo or just 204? Be interesting to know what spec you’ve gone for ready for when VW quite supply issues and try yet again try to lay blame elsewhere.

I’m supposedly 90 something on ‘the list’, ordered early Oct. I‘m still being told it will be built in April, but no confirmed build week and VWCV chat are saying provisional build week 24; it was 22 a couple weeks ago. Rapidly losing any kind of faith in VW, the ‘list’ seems to be a blatant attempt to placate customers but doesn’t seem to have any grounding in reality.
Were you 4Mo or just 204? Be interesting to know what spec you’ve gone for ready for when VW quite supply issues and try yet again try to lay blame elsewhere.
Hi, hope this helps

White 204
Media Pro
Wood effect floor
Comfort mattress
Power side door
Extended storage
Safe
Woodstock wheels

Hi, hope this helps

White 204
Media Pro
Wood effect floor
Comfort mattress
Power side door
Extended storage
Safe
Woodstock wheels
Useful thanks. I’m pretty sure they’ll say 4Mo is coming through slower but I’ve also heard that towbar electric looms are causing issues; both on my spec. I’m rapidly losing patience, just want done clear consistent comms really.

Good news for you, great to hear they are coming through.
But it does pose the question whether 'the list' is truly being programmed in date of order placed, given my 150 Ocean ordered on 8 October doesn't have a build week still (though I'm told it will be built 'in April'). I wonder if build weeks mean anything at the moment, and therefore if VW Chat are pointless until your van is in build (note @JohnnyTheFox )

Spoke with VW UK today... As of today they have an 8 week delay for tow bars and a 10 week delay for tyre pressure monitoring, so if you have specked these options and your build date is within the next 8 to 10 weeks your build will be delayed.

They mentioned that if your build date was over 10 weeks away your build date would not be affected, as orders without these options would be brought forward to compensate

Hi, hope this helps

White 204
Media Pro
Wood effect floor
Comfort mattress
Power side door
Extended storage
Safe
Woodstock wheels
I’m still waiting for any sort of update on my 204 4mo. Ordered early October “position no” 84...

I was told September 2021 delivery for a March 2021 order, this seems way too optimistic to me.

Wondering at what point these delays would cause people to cancel, and if that means losing a deposit.

Surely VW have to take responsibility
Spoke with VW UK today... As of today they have an 8 week delay for tow bars and a 10 week delay for tyre pressure monitoring, so if you have specked these options and your build date is within the next 8 to 10 weeks your build will be delayed.

They mentioned that if your build date was over 10 weeks away your build date would not be affected, as orders without these options would be brought forward to compensate

Blimey.

At what point will VW see loads of cancelled orders? Surely they will have to give deposits back, if they miss an entire summer.

I think demand is outstripping supply - they won’t be bothered if you cancel your order, they will be able to resell it at the now higher price.

I think demand is outstripping supply - they won’t be bothered if you cancel your order, they will be able to resell it at the now higher price.

Agree but for some people of it arrives after summer, they have to insure it, tax it, just to have it sitting on their driveway.

Will be especially frustrating if the T7 gets announced in the meantime too.

Agree but for some people of it arrives after summer, they have to insure it, tax it, just to have it sitting on their driveway.

Will be especially frustrating if the T7 gets announced in the meantime too.
The T7 Cali will be at least 18 months away I would have thought. But i guess as many of us have been waiting over 6 months already it may not seem that far away.

If it helps anyone we ordered our 204 Ocean first week of November, on 22/03 we were given a confirmed build week of week 14 (w/c 05/04) and after speaking with VW chat today its still 'in build', which makes sense as the they take 2 weeks to build, hopefully it will go to the port next week and go go to status 30 and beyond.
Fek knows what’s going on. I was number 64 on ‘the list’ but as yet I have no confirmed build week. I ordered end Sept ‘20. I guess this means the list isn’t actually a list of build priority.

Fek knows what’s going on. I was number 64 on ‘the list’ but as yet I have no confirmed build week. I ordered end Sept ‘20. I guess this means the list isn’t actually a list of build priority.
Unless you had the tyre or tow bar options mentioned above which could explain things, or another option that is out of stock? I considered both of these options and decided against which now seems to have worked out for me unknowingly. I guess so many factories would have been closed around the world that there was bound to be a knock on effect to end suppliers.

a big question that one , ordered 25th feb and still no build date, if i get june/july i would be very happy, in fact ecstatic lol , im a wildlife photographer so will be using as my mobile hide all around the country , just the most perfect vehicle for what i want and will im sure when the time comes have sleepless nights when it arrives in uk lol ;)
I ordered around the same time but my dealer guesstimated October, advised me not to get my hopes up for using it this summer :(
How do you access this build date info for your order? Do you need a code from the dealer or something? I did actually resolve not to even think about it until after summer but I am sort of curious now.

Look forward to seeing your photos Jim!

Unless you had the tyre or tow bar options mentioned above which could explain things, or another option that is out of stock? I considered both of these options and decided against which now seems to have worked out for me unknowingly. I guess so many factories would have been closed around the world that there was bound to be a knock on effect to end suppliers.
I have the towbar & 4 motion and i am not affected by this new delay. I guess i must have got lucky and got some of the last components.

Reactions: Abx
I’ve got the tow bar but there’s also issues with parts for the sliding door so I’m being told. Dealer will update me tomorrow.

Well - 7 months to the day since I ordered - I'm just back from an epic day trip to the South of England to pick up my 204. I now know that it's a very comfortable motorway cruiser indeed and it ate up the hilly, twisty country roads where I live - so I'm really pleased with my first few hours and looking forward to having a proper play with the non-driving stuff tomorrow (and I'll take some photos).

This is the thread for frustrations with the length of time it takes and the various delays - but it really is worth the wait.

PXL_20210414_194931686.jpg

This is the thread for frustrations with the length of time it takes and the various delays - but it really is worth the wait.

View attachment 76724
For me, a little longer wait suits me just fine as I'm not planning to be back in Europe until Sept. Earlier could cause a headache.
Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Well - 7 months to the day since I ordered - I'm just back from an epic day trip to the South of England to pick up my 204. I now know that it's a very comfortable motorway cruiser indeed and it ate up the hilly, twisty country roads where I live - so I'm really pleased with my first few hours and looking forward to having a proper play with the non-driving stuff tomorrow (and I'll take some photos).

View attachment 76724
Great pic looking forward to getting mine , fingers crossed for a week tomorrow which will be 8 months from the date my order was accepted by VW as you get closer the delays and frustrations start to leave your mind and they are replaced with the adventures ahead.

can I ask you all...and I know it is a little off topic but.....has anyone taken delivery of a 6.1 that has a factory fitted tow bar on it (to pull a caravan).... I am concerned that not all the necessary pins in the electrics pin are connected as standard Which means while travelling the fridge and the caravan anti skate system does not work

Great pic looking forward to getting mine , fingers crossed for a week tomorrow which will be 8 months from the date my order was accepted by VW as you get closer the delays and frustrations start to leave your mind and they are replaced with the adventures ahead.

can I ask you all...and I know it is a little off topic but.....has anyone taken delivery of a 6.1 that has a factory fitted tow bar on it (to pull a caravan).... I am concerned that not all the necessary pins in the electrics pin are connected as standard Which means while travelling the fridge and the caravan anti skate system does not work
PM @AlisonF , Forum Moderator, she has a Beach T6. 1 with towbar and tows an Eriba.

I haven’t towed with my T6.1 yet with the lockdown restrictions.
Okay Alison thank you for that
Have you been able to check the Towbar electrics.?
i don’t get the Cali until the 23rd..but I checked with VW as I had this problem on all the X5s I have had. The dealer is not sure and trying to find out !!!

Not yet. Hope to get out to caravan storage in next few days and will post back.
Might be worth having one of these just to check now and in future.

Or a more expensive unit

Back