Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

V-J

V-J

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Looking forward to seeing black with teresina wheels, I’m sure that’s a great combo. What wildlife do you photograph Jim? Do you have a website? One of my school mates does a lot of wildlife photography, and now teaches people how to photograph the northern lights in Sweden
all sorts of life really including wildlife but all done on country lanes in peak district , i have. a facebook page called villager jim ;)

Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I was speaking to a company who supply the “conversion“ market recently

the op said that VW have written to all dealers, agents and companies to cancel allocations of 7000 vehicles !

The OP intermated this specifically related to orders / allocations already placed by dealers. I.e allocations and existing orders will be / have been cancelled With immediate effect.

The OP says that VW are currently struggling due to shortages of parts caused by various factors, Covid, Brexit and a delays caused by a big ship in a little canal.

I have no reason to doubt the OP, I have no vested interest in the story , however this would concur with lots of people’s experience.

the OP said this issue would affect the supply of new vehicles, particularly to conversion companies, effectively closing them down!

the Op went on to say that one conversion company, who take a significant allocation from VW has had its entire allocation of VW T6.1 cancelled. Effectively putting the converter out of business as far as newly converted vehicles !

in the words of the OP the owner of one conversion business went home and had a melt down !

I post this not to alarm people, although I do understand that it may raise concerns for many, i post this as third party info into the current situation with delays and a possible reason why so many are waiting extended periods of time for their new orders to be delivered as it appears VW are having to take drastic measure to ensure they can continue supply of transporter based vehicles.

IMO VW have a vested interest in delivering its premium commercial vehicle product (Cali) over supply of other transporter based vehicles, particularly those to converters who take some of VW market share In the Camper market. VW will naturally do what it needs to protect its own vested interests. I can only conclude that VW are acting out of desperation to ensure vehicle production can continue albeit at a reduced capacity.

please do not shoot the messenger and I will not disclose the OP’s identity / company ( please don’t ask ) suffice to say the third party knew this would affect their companies revenue as a supplier to the conversion trade.

I post this merely to try and highlight a potential issues relayed to me by a third party who has no reason to make such a story up.

Dodge1311

Dodge1311

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I was speaking to a company who supply the “conversion“ market recently

the op said that VW have written to all dealers, agents and companies to cancel allocations of 7000 vehicles !

The OP intermated this specifically related to orders / allocations already placed by dealers. I.e allocations and existing orders will be / have been cancelled With immediate effect.

The OP says that VW are currently struggling due to shortages of parts caused by various factors, Covid, Brexit and a delays caused by a big ship in a little canal.

I have no reason to doubt the OP, I have no vested interest in the story , however this would concur with lots of people’s experience.

the OP said this issue would affect the supply of new vehicles, particularly to conversion companies, effectively closing them down!

the Op went on to say that one conversion company, who take a significant allocation from VW has had its entire allocation of VW T6.1 cancelled. Effectively putting the converter out of business as far as newly converted vehicles !

in the words of the OP the owner of one conversion business went home and had a melt down !

I post this not to alarm people, although I do understand that it may raise concerns for many, i post this as third party info into the current situation with delays and a possible reason why so many are waiting extended periods of time for their new orders to be delivered as it appears VW are having to take drastic measure to ensure they can continue supply of transporter based vehicles.

IMO VW have a vested interest in delivering its premium commercial vehicle product (Cali) over supply of other transporter based vehicles, particularly those to converters who take some of VW market share In the Camper market. VW will naturally do what it needs to protect its own vested interests. I can only conclude that VW are acting out of desperation to ensure vehicle production can continue albeit at a reduced capacity.

please do not shoot the messenger and I will not disclose the OP’s identity / company ( please don’t ask ) suffice to say the third party knew this would affect their companies revenue as a supplier to the conversion trade.

I post this merely to try and highlight a potential issues relayed to me by a third party who has no reason to make such a story up.
At 65,000 units sold in the EU per annum ( about 6 weeks of supply) only a small percentage reduction so need for anyone to go out of business I wouldn’t have thought. We knew they pushed all all non customer orders to clear the backlog so I don’t see this as a game changer.

Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
At 65,000 units sold in the EU per annum ( about 6 weeks of supply) only a small percentage reduction so need for anyone to go out of business I wouldn’t have thought. We knew they pushed all all non customer orders to clear the backlog so I don’t see this as a game changer.
Agreed, and I didn’t post it as a game changer, it was an explanation for the delays That so many are experiencing

VW on the other hand would not have taken the decision to cancel orders and allocations unless there was a clear issue Particularly as the looss of group revenue as a result would be IRO 210 million pounds loss of revenue (taking an average cost of each unit at a cursory £30k per unit ) that loss is for one production line !

a six week hiatus for a global supply chain is massive and if you are a converter have your entire allocation pulled it could be catastrophic as your revenue stream has just disappeared for a significant period of time with no advance warning or ability to plan Parts labour and resources

as I say I was merely highlighting the issues in response to the raft (107 pages) of posts regarding issues VW currently are experiencing in a challenging environment.

I wish everyone well with delivery of your order, but obviously manufacturers are taking drastic measures to try and cope with various factors that are obviously affecting their ability to deliver product

Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Care to elaborate what you find funny about my post #2,129?
I find it funny that you Mark a post Dislike because “Bad news isn’t it...and who knows what it means for my order”.
the whole 107 page thread is about delays in delivering Calis, my posts attempts to explain why that may be, what do you dislike ?

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I find it funny that you Mark a post Dislike because “Bad news isn’t it...and who knows what it means for my order”.
the whole 107 page thread is about delays in delivering Calis, my posts attempts to explain why that may be, what do you dislike ?
It’s not that I dislike you, I dislike the message. Don’t get me wrong my, I’m grateful for the information, and as it’s you I trust it to be correct.
I can hardly give a thumbs up to this!

Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
It’s not that I dislike you, I dislike the message. Don’t get me wrong my, I’m grateful for the information, and as it’s you I trust it to be correct.

I can hardly give a thumbs up to this!
Not as if you were aware of problem with delays ?

dislike would mean that you dislike the content, not the fact that you already know, as I say it has no consequences for me, I was merely offering a third parties explanation

J

jackster

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hello everyone, bit more good news for Beach orders... We ordered on 10th Feb and have a confirmed build week for 3rd May, will be roughly 10 day build we've been told :). So fingers crossed for a decent transit after that... Starting to book campsites from July...hope that isn't tempting fate...

T

Tunnelvision

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hello everyone, bit more good news for Beach orders... We ordered on 10th Feb and have a confirmed build week for 3rd May, will be roughly 10 day build we've been told :). So fingers crossed for a decent transit after that... Starting to book campsites from July...hope that isn't tempting fate...
Just had confirmed week 18 (3rd May) for our beach camper!!!! Ordered 9th Feb. Starting to get excited......

Dodge1311

Dodge1311

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Fair enough then I guess, I’d rather my van arrived late than bashed around!
Another interesting turn of events. Never have i ever turned up to get on a boat to be informed of an up to 20 day delay due to bad weather.

Current conditions are

Wind: 9 knots

Wind direction: NW (310°)

Air Temperature: 5°C

All vessels seem to be travelling as normal.

1618226301875.png

I

Iain-Le-Roi

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I was fairly dubious about it myself, although I know it has been windy. Probably a stock response to people who's vehicles are reaching the 15 days they are quoted when it first arrives.

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I have just been informed on chat that the 15 days max at the port has now been extended to 20 days :(
YES! Mine's been there for 21 days although interestingly I was told that it shouldn't be much longer and I should check back this Wednesday!?!? Autoebid also contacted me to say that my dealer has confirmed delivery in April!?! Might be a lot of Campervans on the City of Oslo tomorrow.

Dodge1311

Dodge1311

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
The Volkswagen Group is the only car manufacturer to use its own charter ships – and has been doing so since the 1960s. Eleven of these charter ships are currently in service for the company worldwide, each of them offering space for up to 4,700 vehicles of the various Group brands.

“The advantage of having our own charter ships is that we can determine the schedules ourselves”

Perhaps they have determined that these shops should be on a different continent at the time they should be in Europe sending a few californias to us impatient Brits.

On the basis of the comments at the weekend about 7,000 vehicles being cancelled from allocations because of the inability to keep up with demand and a shortage of components. We should have two ships practically empty at the minute. I will take one of those and my van can merrilly slide about the deck with nothing else to bump into as it navigates the high seas.

VW California Club