Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

So My Cali arrived in the UK at 12.33 today on the Seine Highway from Emden, so 7 days as far as I can work out from arriving at Emden, moving to status 38 and 39, sailing and arriving in the UK. Still onboard so next will be status 40 and then on to SMG at status 60.

So My Cali arrived in the UK at 12.33 today on the Seine Highway from Emden, so 7 days as far as I can work out from arriving at Emden, moving to status 38 and 39, sailing and arriving in the UK. Still onboard so next will be status 40 and then on to SMG at status 60.
Fantastic news? SMG Tonbridge? Keep us updated.

Reactions: Abx
Yes Matt from Tonbridge is my dealer and has been great, confirmed this morning it was on a boat so a quick msg to VW chat confirmed which boat and then found it had just literally docked in the UK. Excited is an understatement, may be here for my birthday!
Ours arrived at SMG Tonbridge yesterday

Ours arrived at SMG Tonbridge yesterday
Loving these updates guys. Be interesting to hear you handover experiences. We dealt with Martin initially, but had been furloughed by the time we took the plunge in late Nov.

Reactions: Abx
Loving these updates guys. Be interesting to hear you handover experiences. We dealt with Martin initially, but had been furloughed by the time we took the plunge in late Nov.
We ordered 19th Nov, so hopefully your’s won’t be too much longer (as long as you didn’t order a tow bar!).

So this thread is eye opening!

I currently drive a T5.1 bought new in 2011, it was bought as specced by the dealer so I had no experience of a long wait for an order to be built. In those days it ways 6 months.

I have just ordered a T6.1 Ocean with tow bar, on April 14th 2021 with and estimated delivery date of Sep/Oct.

On reading the contents here I tried VW Chat and was told that 'due to the complicated logistics involved in constructing such a vehicle I would get more accurate information direct from my dealer'.

I then dropped my dealer an email and it turns out that I don't yet have a number on "the list" and that my build is narrowed down to the second half of this year. Judging by some experiences on this forum I may get it for Christmas??

But I'm grateful I have a California in the meantime.

Crazy isn't it how variable these things are. When we ordered and had our T6 Ocean delivered it sat in Germany for a while after being built because of an emissions issue and the requirement of a ECU software fix to be applied before it was sent over to the UK! It almost makes me feel sorry for VW how complicated getting a vehicle built and on the road has become.
I'm a bit short on sympathy at the moment!

If it helps, I have just been informed on VW Chat that our Cherry Red Coast has arrived at Eurovans Crawley. We ordered it (her ?) on November 18th and expect to pick the Cali up next week, so that will be six months almost exactly, which included Christmas factory shutdown and a second shutdown for a couple of weeks in March, I think due to a shortage of parts which has since been resolved. Good news anyway

So this thread is eye opening!

I currently drive a T5.1 bought new in 2011, it was bought as specced by the dealer so I had no experience of a long wait for an order to be built. In those days it ways 6 months.

I have just ordered a T6.1 Ocean with tow bar, on April 14th 2021 with and estimated delivery date of Sep/Oct.

On reading the contents here I tried VW Chat and was told that 'due to the complicated logistics involved in constructing such a vehicle I would get more accurate information direct from my dealer'.

I then dropped my dealer an email and it turns out that I don't yet have a number on "the list" and that my build is narrowed down to the second half of this year. Judging by some experiences on this forum I may get it for Christmas??

But I'm grateful I have a California in the meantime.
How they can still give a 5 month estimated delivery date for an Ocean is difficult to understand. Mine has been 8 months so far and no confirmed build week (just a June build month). I would brace yourself for a 2022 delivery and try and forget about it for a few months...

If it helps, I have just been informed on VW Chat that our Cherry Red Coast has arrived at Eurovans Crawley. We ordered it (her ?) on November 18th and expect to pick the Cali up next week, so that will be six months almost exactly, which included Christmas factory shutdown and a second shutdown for a couple of weeks in March, I think due to a shortage of parts which has since been resolved. Good news anyway
Cracking news!

Good to hear and 6 months isn’t too long to wait given what’s been going on in the world. Speed of arrival does seem to be linked to the complexity of the order - Beaches seem pretty quick, then Coasts with Oceans taking longer and finally the the holy grail, 204 4Mo, taking the longest. Which is logical I guess.
Enjoy!

How they can still give a 5 month estimated delivery date for an Ocean is difficult to understand. Mine has been 8 months so far and no confirmed build week (just a June build month). I would brace yourself for a 2022 delivery and try and forget about it for a few months...
Don't worry, that was my point, an unrealistic delivery estimate. I'm not holding my breath.

Don't worry, that was my point, an unrealistic delivery estimate. I'm not holding my breath.
I do understand Covid related supply issues. But the finger in the air optimism dished out to potential and new customers is a key part of their frustration I think. Dealers set unrealistic expectations and then dash them routinely at the moment...

I do understand Covid related supply issues. But the finger in the air optimism dished out to potential and new customers is a key part of their frustration I think. Dealers set unrealistic expectations and then dash them routinely at the moment...
Over promise, under deliver.
sales isn’t what it used to be !

Good evening all....I know this thread is all about delays, I was caught up in that for 8 months but had my Cali delivered 3 weeks ago so to give you all an update as to if the wait was worth it I thought I would share our journey so far.
After getting delivery on the 23rd April we brought it home (20 miles) and it sat down our drive so our friends could visit to see what we had been banging on about for 8 months. Also we were having a PPF film applied on the front to protect against stone chips and a ceramic polish elsewhere to make it look good. Without exception everyone was very impressed with our Ocean and loved the colour (Sage Green metallic). Over the weekend a few bottles of wine were consumed so it was fun....but it did not move. On the Monday it went in for the treatment and it took a week but I have to say it has proved th be well worth the money already.
The Following Friday 30th she came home for more visitors and wine and we packed for our first adventure on the 2 May to Whitby for our first night, sleeping downstairs and the onto Kettlewell for the second night and we slept upstairs. ...our preference is Upstairs....we love our Cali already.
This week we had our second trip and towed our caravan with it and we also took our 2 labradors with us to a camp site 50 mins down the road. I was clear that the Cali was a very capable tow vehicle, very stable and I was very impressed with the power of the engine. Plus the dogs loved it!! And we love it more !!
So was it worth the wait?....very much so....would I do it again? ...yes.....has it added a new dimension you our UK holidaying and general touring?......certainly.......Is it better than expected?.....YES.!!!....My wife and I are both in our 60s but very active and this will inject a new energy to our touring either in the camper on its own or coupled with our caravan as we can park the caravan on a central site then go off in the camper for nights in small interesting places then return to the caravan for a shower!
For those frustrated by the wait.... stick with it as all the pain just goes when you get it...I found that all I had read about the excitement of owning a California strange to understand when I just had an X5 and a caravan, now I have bought in to the VW Campervan I wonder why it has taken so long....it is a life changer.
if you want any details of things we have found let me know
Best wishes to all.

Good evening all....I know this thread is all about delays, I was caught up in that for 8 months but had my Cali delivered 3 weeks ago so to give you all an update as to if the wait was worth it I thought I would share our journey so far.
After getting delivery on the 23rd April we brought it home (20 miles) and it sat down our drive so our friends could visit to see what we had been banging on about for 8 months. Also we were having a PPF film applied on the front to protect against stone chips and a ceramic polish elsewhere to make it look good. Without exception everyone was very impressed with our Ocean and loved the colour (Sage Green metallic). Over the weekend a few bottles of wine were consumed so it was fun....but it did not move. On the Monday it went in for the treatment and it took a week but I have to say it has proved th be well worth the money already.
The Following Friday 30th she came home for more visitors and wine and we packed for our first adventure on the 2 May to Whitby for our first night, sleeping downstairs and the onto Kettlewell for the second night and we slept upstairs. ...our preference is Upstairs....we love our Cali already.
This week we had our second trip and towed our caravan with it and we also took our 2 labradors with us to a camp site 50 mins down the road. I was clear that the Cali was a very capable tow vehicle, very stable and I was very impressed with the power of the engine. Plus the dogs loved it!! And we love it more !!
So was it worth the wait?....very much so....would I do it again? ...yes.....has it added a new dimension you our UK holidaying and general touring?......certainly.......Is it better than expected?.....YES.!!!....My wife and I are both in our 60s but very active and this will inject a new energy to our touring either in the camper on its own or coupled with our caravan as we can park the caravan on a central site then go off in the camper for nights in small interesting places then return to the caravan for a shower!
For those frustrated by the wait.... stick with it as all the pain just goes when you get it...I found that all I had read about the excitement of owning a California strange to understand when I just had an X5 and a caravan, now I have bought in to the VW Campervan I wonder why it has taken so long....it is a life changer.
Best wishes to all.
Thanks so much for this post. I saw the length of it and was anxious reading through it waiting for the "but". I'm elated that the "but" never came and chuffed for you both that ownership has transpired into everything you craved and more. A fantastic outcome for you and yours and some welcome positivity for all of us stuck in between status 00 and status 70. ! Enjoy another Cali weekend

Best wishes to all.
For someone still stuck in the twilight zone it’s comforting to hear it’ll eventually be worth it! Thanks for the update

Best wishes to all.
I’d echo this. All the frustrations melt away as soon as it arrives. We’ve put close to 1500 miles on ours in a matter of weeks. Hang in there!

A5888B6E-543B-42A3-B094-8EE6D63E3307.jpeg

Back