Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 - hock-up cable (1.5mm or 2.5mm) artic yellow perhaps?

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I know this has been asked before, we need to buy a new hock-up able, would like to buy 'artic' cable as more flexible, we also have an Eriba caravan so will be using this for the Eriba when on a site as well. Not sure what the difference is for 1.5mm and 2.5mm usage, would probably be going for 20metres (have an extension hock-up cable - orange think 2.5mm, stored in Eriba only been used aboard couple of times) so would be using these together if required. Just wondered what was best, no electrical knowledge!! Thank you for any help/advice.

I know this has been asked before, we need to buy a new hock-up able, would like to buy 'artic' cable as more flexible, we also have an Eriba caravan so will be using this for the Eriba when on a site as well. Not sure what the difference is for 1.5mm and 2.5mm usage, would probably be going for 20metres (have an extension hock-up cable - orange think 2.5mm, stored in Eriba only been used aboard couple of times) so would be using these together if required. Just wondered what was best, no electrical knowledge!! Thank you for any help/advice.
Either would do on their own, but if planning to use both I would go with the larger gauge to minimise voltage drop.

Whichever one you choose. Always fully unwind the cable coil before using.

Thank you, will order 2.5mm² 3 Core Arctic Flex Yellow 25 metres, if I need to use the extension lead (when abroad) will be suitable. Just spoken to a friend who studied electrical engineering so had a crash course in electrical cables :)

Whichever one you choose. Always fully unwind the cable coil before using.
Yes noticed a few caravan/motorhome owners don't do this, going to buy artic cable as so much more flexible. The cable that came with our T6.1 was a joke - a metre long and with a euro socket!!

Yes noticed a few caravan/motorhome owners don't do this, going to buy artic cable as so much more flexible. The cable that came with our T6.1 was a joke - a metre long and with a euro socket!!
That just the European Adapter. Still many sites in Europe that have not upgraded to the standard Blue socket system. You might need it.

That just the European Adapter. Still many sites in Europe that have not upgraded to the standard Blue socket system. You might need it.
Thank you that is a great idea.

Back