Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

new t6.1 accessories.

D

Darrenrurth

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi there, we have a new ocean on order and while waiting wanted to start purchasing our aftermarket items.We cancelled the comfort bed options as people were saying it was to bulky and not as comfy as the aftermarket.what is the preferred option ?.Also i would like to add front and rear dash cams and a solar panel to top up the batteries.any thoughts or advice on preferred makes, models.
I was also looking at toilets.carpets and storage items.
Thank you for any comments and photos it would be much appreciated as its a bit overwhelming with all the choices.

Hello and welcome.

Thetford 355 is the Potti of choice for the Cali!

:cheers :welcome
Takes around 2 weeks to search and find and write a list up to £10 K
Be prepared!AC944065-EC86-4873-AF1F-C401FB0CD8FD.jpeg
Solar panels and controller from @Roger Donoghue - 5% discount if a VIP member.
I bought the Epever Bluetooth module from eBay.
As will have the internal monitor in the next Buzz.
I have the Blackvue DR900X-2Ch £624 and CM100 LTE - £160. But cheaper from Amazon (£499 and £170)

If going for the 335 & intending storing it under the sink, get the matching brandrup tray as well, it protects the cupboard floor and the door rails & stops the 335 moving in the cupboard.

The shelf in the under sink cupboard has the holes predrilled to move it up closer to the draw.

Ive bought the 335 but held off on the tray & strap.
I have bought the non slip mat as going to see the fit of it all first.
Ive bought the spare wheel lock.
The obligatory Ridge Monkey Toaster
A fire stick
Need to buy a CO2 & smoke detector
Thats all for now as want to see how it all works for me before parting with more money!

If going for the 335 & intending storing it under the sink, get the matching brandrup tray as well, it protects the cupboard floor and the door rails & stops the 335 moving in the cupboard.

The shelf in the under sink cupboard has the holes predrilled to move it up closer to the draw.
I used a folded up old towel to stop slipping ans in case of leaks (which eventually absorbed a lot from leaking window not porta potti!)

any comments and photos it would be much appreciated as its a bit overwhelming with all the choices.
The danger is to go all out order and buy loads prior to the arrival of your van - my advice would be not to overbuy until you are sure of your needs, an example we had sleeping bags from our camping days tried these and also tried duvets from home. Decided preferred duvets in the van so now have a van set. However, it would be easy to have gone out and bought sleeping bags. There are lots of things you test out from the home to see if you need to buy for the van. Many people swear by roof toppers or levelling blocks - we have never had the need for either in the UK.

:cheers :welcome
Takes around 2 weeks to search and find and write a list up to £10 K
Be prepared!View attachment 72737
Solar panels and controller from @Roger Donoghue - 5% discount if a VIP member.
I bought the Epever Bluetooth module from eBay.
As will have the internal monitor in the next Buzz.
I have the Blackvue DR900X-2Ch £624 and CM100 LTE - £160. But cheaper from Amazon (£499 and £170)

I do actually sell the BT module for the Epever but the app is a bit basic (it works though) and I had one customer getting very angry it was not up to standard, so I don't advertise it :)

Epever told me they'd update it before Xmas. They didn't. Great charger mind you. Just a very basic app.

Hi there, we have a new ocean on order and while waiting wanted to start purchasing our aftermarket items.We cancelled the comfort bed options as people were saying it was to bulky and not as comfy as the aftermarket.what is the preferred option ?.Also i would like to add front and rear dash cams and a solar panel to top up the batteries.any thoughts or advice on preferred makes, models.
I was also looking at toilets.carpets and storage items.
Thank you for any comments and photos it would be much appreciated as its a bit overwhelming with all the choices.
I have a hardly used Portapotti 355 & a pop up toilet tent for sale when the restrictions are over.

Portable toilet, essential bit of kit for us.
We wild camp alot, but even if you're at campsite, who wants to be going wandering off in the early hours to spend a penny.
We tested all options at a show, yes we really did, well not a full test, just a sitting one. Decided the best for us was the DOMETIC 972. A little high higher, more comfortable, still stores under rear shelf. Didn't fancy storing it under the sink. It also appeared a little better made.
Long term test results.
After hundreds of sittings over 9 years, still as good as new.