Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New prices for T6.1 & information?

Just seen the T6 brochure on another forum and noticed that they are stating that it is available with Individual paint option.

I wonder If that maybe available on the Cali? Some maybe interested that have a few spare quid!

C6A90872-EFB9-48EC-B831-0F1FA5D2A906.png

Just seen the T6 brochure on another forum and noticed that they are stating that it is available with Individual paint option.

I wonder If that maybe available on the Cali? Some maybe interested that have a few spare quid!

View attachment 50882
I can imagine that might be super popular. Didn’t even realise VW did individual paint

Ok this is odd. I can’t see it on the actual VW desktop website, but it’s on the mobile version.

Odd....

Anyway, I’ve attached the 6.1 pricing flyer.

Attachments

• california_6_1-flyer.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 73
Found some pricing. New thread so folks can find it easier....

Anyone able to extrapolate the end price from the clues given? I thought that would have been the easy part for vw!

It’s the VED they don’t know.

New thread was created so folks can find the price list. Now it’s merged folks will have to dig to find it

So with no sign of the Beach on any pricelists, maybe VW has killed it off here in the UK.

If it doesn’t appear, I reckon T6 Beaches will hold their value even more!

edit:
T6 Beach Edition For Sale!

Last edited:
Base spec ocean is pretty loaded. Wonder if there will still be loads of other options available. Makes sense if they’ve simplified it all.

wonder if slate grey is compulsory on ocean. I prefer the wood of the coast

If I have read and understood the flyer correctly and my maths are correct then,

The old T6 California (Beach - 150 DSG) used to be £46K+OTR, now the base T6.1 California (Coast - 150 DSG) starts at £53K+ OTR.

If you wanted to buy the cheapest T6.1 California its now £7K+OTR more expensive but you get a fitted kitchen and latest model.

If you just compare the California base models, T6 Beach (6 speed manual) and T6.1 Ocean, then its £9K more expensive.

T6 Ocean 150 DSG goes from £56K+OTR, new T6.1 Ocean is £61.5K+OTR, increase of £4.5K+OTR costs.

Daz...
Sorry spelling mistake.
If I have read and understood the flyer correctly and my maths are correct then,

The old T6 California (Beach - 150 DSG) used to be £46K+OTR, now the base T6.1 California (Coast - 150 DSG) starts at £53K+ OTR.

If you wanted to buy the cheapest T6.1 California, its now £7K+OTR more expensive but you get a fitted kitchen and latest model.

If you just compare the California base models, T6 Beach (6 speed manual) and T6.1 Coast (DSG), then its £9K more expensive.

T6 Ocean 150 DSG goes from £56K+OTR, new T6.1 Ocean is £61.5K+OTR, increase of £4.5K+OTR costs.

Daz...

If you wanted to buy the cheapest T6.1 California its now £7K+OTR more expensive but you get a fitted kitchen and latest model.

If you just compare the California base models, T6 Beach (6 speed manual) and T6.1 Ocean, then its £9K more expensive.

Daz...
So an increase of 4.5k for the Ocean but now standard:
LED lights
Sat Nav
ACC
Interior LED’s
Also website states F&R Sensors & Camera is standard but no mention on the pricelist. The above previous options must add up to around 4 grand?

Sorry spelling mistake.

If you wanted to buy the cheapest T6.1 California, its now £7K+OTR more expensive but you get a fitted kitchen and latest model.

If you just compare the California base models, T6 Beach (6 speed manual) and T6.1 Coast (DSG), then its £9K more expensive.

Daz...

I suppose this is correct. But is there more in a coast apart from a kitchen than there was in a beach?

Agree that if you just want a base California, it’s now significantly more expensive.

So an increase of 4.5k for the Ocean but now standard:
LED lights
Sat Nav
ACC
Interior LED’s
Also website states F&R Sensors & Camera is standard but no mention on the pricelist. The above previous options must add up to around 4 grand?
Website also mentions privacy, so I imagine it might be £4.5k worth of kit. Plus the value of the 6.1 enhancements such as the upper bed.

Looks ok on first impressions. Most of the increased base spec I would of chosen anyway

What’s the view on potential discounts that could be negotiated on the new model? Is it unlikely due to new nature of the 6.1?

What’s the view on potential discounts that could be negotiated on the new model? Is it unlikely due to new nature of the 6.1?
I had considered this, if VW offer no or little discount initially because it's a *new model* and you compare this with upto 15% discount on the last of the T6's then the price gap widens even more..

For sure - but even with the discount - due to the spec change- I am not sure it’s that far out: an ocean 199 dsg 4m with all the options listed now standard (as far as we know ) then the discounted T6 is about £65k - hence my question

The Coast is a low-spec Ocean, not a high-spec Beach. (as in you can spec you Coast with everything the Ocean has in terms of functionality, but you can't do do from a Beach)

To put it into perspective. I’ve been looking at new 6.0 4Motion oceans. They have about a £10k discount, but this is pretty fully loaded with stuff I don’t actually need.
Compare this to a 6.1 4Motion and even without discount, it’s not miles away. I was hoping £70k max for ocean 4Motion in bay leaf green. Add VED etc and it’s probs under that. Rather that that the offer I’ve had on a 6.0 loaded. 7034D0BB-2192-4BF2-8C31-A150D00DA787.jpeg

Yes, it is a risk.
By the time the T6-1 starts to arrive next year the current stock of new or nearly new T6s will have all but dried up. I suspect that dealers will be short of stock for some time until production of the new model catches up. At the same time there's nothing to suggest that demand for the Cali shouldn't remain strong. Under those circumstances why would dealers want or need to offer discounts. They probably will but they won't be anything much.
Given the good discounts being offered on current models combined with the price increases expected with the T6-1 and the likely meagre discounts, it's my guess that there will be high price to be paid for waiting.
Not to mention the potential impact on price of the B word.

To put it into perspective. I’ve been looking at new 6.0 4Motion oceans. They have about a £10k discount, but this is pretty fully loaded with stuff I don’t actually need.
Compare this to a 6.1 4Motion and even without discount, it’s not miles away. I was hoping £70k max for ocean 4Motion in bay leaf green. Add VED etc and it’s probs under that. Rather that that the offer I’ve had on a 6.0 loaded. View attachment 50899
Yes - my thinking is going this way

I’d imagine 5% would be fairly easy to get with a few phone calls.

I hope there will but some chance of discount, we are hopefully going to be ordering our first California Ocean, waiting for the T6.1, as ordering the T.6 has stopped so would not be able to select colour options we wanted. Waiting for prices and would really like to see a T6.1 and the actual colours before ordering, not ideal ordering your first California paint colour from a pdf brochure and images on the internet :(

I hope there will but some chance of discount, we are hopefully going to be ordering our first California Ocean, waiting for the T6.1, as ordering the T.6 has stopped so would not be able to select colour options we wanted. Waiting for prices and would really like to see a T6.1 and the actual colours before ordering, not ideal ordering your first California paint colour from a pdf brochure and images on the internet :(
It’s going to be at the NEC in a few weeks. Hoping the have bay leaf green on show

They are not so I have been told (and confirmed) only the T6 which is madness, just hope when we go they have had second thoughts and managed to obtain a T6.1 for the show!

They are not so I have been told (and confirmed) only the T6 which is madness, just hope when we go they have had second thoughts and managed to obtain a T6.1 for the show!
I had a tweet from them the other day confirming that 6.1 will be as the show.

VW have updated the UK website with information on the T6.1 and the Grand California - no prices for either though!
Coast 2.0 TDI 150, 7sp DSG - £53,178 inc VAT - OTR price not available
Ocean 2.0TDI 150, 7sp DSG - £61,488 inc VAT - OTR price not available
Ocean 2.0TDI 199, 7sp DSG - £64,290 inc VAT - OTR price not available
Ocean 2.0TDI 199, 4MOTION 7sp DSG £67,428 inc VAT - OTR price not available

No beach listed :oops:

Back