Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New option for the California

Electric hook-up connection behind rear, nearside panel below lights. As in past, option of air-suspension. Various opinions for size of inverter eg 1000watt. Lithium Leisure Batteries. Electronic push button handbrake. Cab radio/lights to work off leisure batteries. Colour changing mod lighting. Outside courtesy light. Hybrid (at least 40 mile battery range). A no gas option, induction hob alternative option (combined with 2000 watt inverter and large capacity lithium batteries). Option to have double passenger front flip-over seat or turning. Carbon fibre poptop. The whole of the poptop roof to be a solar panel. Very deep pockets. "please and thank you"
I think Jerba have their hook up below the rear lights behind a hinged panel. Really neat idea.

From my latest experience at Damage Barton, I think just about everyone else has got more than enough external lighting. SeemEd to be the fashion to have a strip light on your caravan/motor home bright enough to be seen from the other side of the Bristol Channel!

The awning light on my Ayers Rock will damage your eyes looking at it. I've taped over the switch so it can't be accidentally knocked on.

Mind you, I was often no better in the Cali, illuminating the campsite enough so it could be seen from the moon every time I unlocked and switched the headlamps on :D

The awning light on my Ayers Rock will damage your eyes looking at it. I've taped over the switch so it can't be accidentally knocked on.

Mind you, I was often no better in the Cali, illuminating the campsite enough so it could be seen from the moon every time I unlocked and switched the headlamps on :D
The headlights are always appreciated if you are pitched amongst tents!

A shelf above the worktops - above the fridge/hob/sink area. Any ideas on making one - preferably detachable?

Is the shelf useful with the roof down?
Only for low profile items @66tim99 . We have some plastic food containers that live there. It’s really useful when the roof (and bed) are up when using the kitchen. For obvious reasons, care is needed when lowering the bed if tall items have been put on the shelf.

Be good if they went faster. Maybe 155mph limited.

There are several available @Gina-B
We have a full length one from Calicap.de

View attachment 85134

View attachment 85135
GG, now you've been using it for a while. Still happy or do you wish you would have gone for a shorter version, leaving the space above the sink free ?
I always find my head resting next to the frame above the sink when brushing teeth, washing up etc... not sure it will work for me, but I love that shelf....

GG, now you've been using it for a while. Still happy or do you wish you would have gone for a shorter version, leaving the space above the sink free ?
I always find my head resting next to the frame above the sink when brushing teeth, washing up etc... not sure it will work for me, but I love that shelf....
Hi @Calimili yes, it works for us - no regrets.

Back