Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean!

D

Delfhill

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
After 15 wonderful years with our T5 4Motion camper, travelling to Norway, Sweden, Belgium, France and Italy and all over the UK we are about to take delivery of a new Ocean. Again it will be 4Motion, this time a DSG instead of a manual and as an already built T6 we got a large discount as the T6.1 is about to come. Several friends have Californias and we have always admired them and have been amazed at how well they hold their value. Collection in a couple of days, can’t wait!

After 15 wonderful years with our T5 4Motion camper, travelling to Norway, Sweden, Belgium, France and Italy and all over the UK we are about to take delivery of a new Ocean. Again it will be 4Motion, this time a DSG instead of a manual and as an already built T6 we got a large discount as the T6.1 is about to come. Several friends have Californias and we have always admired them and have been amazed at how well they hold their value. Collection in a couple of days, can’t wait!

Awesomeeeeee :thumb CalifornIA !

Congratulations hopefully you will notice a difference between your old faithful and the new T6, would be interesting to hear.

Over 1000 miles done now so we have settled in to our new California.
Firstly I have to say what an amazing source of information the forum is, I’ve found out so much, from removing stops on the sliding seat runners, sourcing a ladder for upstairs, leaving water drain taps at 45 degrees etc, thanks very much for all the information.
The driving experience is so completely different from the old T5, so much quieter and more comfortable. I’m not sure how much this is due to being a T6 or being a California, but it is certainly very nice.
The fuel consumption isn’t! I know it will improve but on two long journeys it has been almost 4 mpg worse than our old 2.5 TDI 4Motion although that was manual and the California is DSG. The last journey up the M1 resulted in 29 mpg and that was never exceeding 70mph. I had rather hoped that a pop up roof would result in less wind resistance and better economy than our old medium roof van.
Our California was already built so there was no choice on spec but a hefty discount which was good.
We miss the height adjustment on the drivers seat, the previous camper didn’t have swivel seats. I would have preferred a driver’s comfort seat and a passenger swivel seat, but a minor point. We have a Porta Potti just behind the drivers seat and with just two of us, having just the passenger seat swivel would be ok.
I would never have paid the extra for LED headlights, but having got them I am completely converted, how much easier it is driving at night although I’ve always thought them dazzling when being faced with them.
The heated front windscreen is wonderful on frosty mornings, worth every penny.
Also much appreciated is the auxiliary heater, very nice to remotely get the heat going on a cold morning.
Looking forward to plenty of adventures now!

Great write up,

Your profile still says looking to buy

Where the obligatory photo ?

Congrats :cheers