Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean Owners!

B

bbqshrew

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello! My wife & I just picked up our new Cali Ocean from Martin at SMG VW Tonbridge, who was endlessly helpful and patient as we made our way round our first California! (Thank you Martin).

Now to try and sort out the basics; getting a 25m cable, 907 gas canister and a few odds and ends.

Absolutely LOVE the new Cali, though. Our neighbours have already been over to admire it and we can't wait to get out and about and meet fellow Cali owners.

It was very nice on the drive home from the VW dealer that another VW camper owner waved enthusiastically to us on the way back! Already a good community spirit :]

Here's a few shots of our new love:

IMG_0504.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg

d65f0ff2-8119-4d37-bb1e-69999e53cac3.jpeg

Welcome to the club and Cali ownership. Nice colour of van. Has it a name yet?
We are in West Sussex so might see you around What are you hoping to use your Cali for??

Hello! My wife & I just picked up our new Cali Ocean from Martin at SMG VW Tonbridge, who was endlessly helpful and patient as we made our way round our first California! (Thank you Martin).

Now to try and sort out the basics; getting a 25m cable, 907 gas canister and a few odds and ends.

Absolutely LOVE the new Cali, though. Our neighbours have already been over to admire it and we can't wait to get out and about and meet fellow Cali owners.

It was very nice on the drive home from the VW dealer that another VW camper owner waved enthusiastically to us on the way back! Already a good community spirit :]

View attachment 77950

View attachment 77951

View attachment 77952
What a beauty, congrats! Did you get a darker tint in the rear? I didn't realise VW offered a black tailgate bike rack ...suits the grey van with black awning etc

We are in West Sussex so might see you around What are you hoping to use your Cali for??
Thank you! Yeah would be nice to meet a few people in the area. We only moved here from London in September, so this will get us out and about in the UK with our German Shepherd as well, seeing family in Devon, visiting Scotland (NC500?) and just getting out as much as possible.

We've named it Dani after Dani California. We're big Red Hot Chili Peppers fans!

What a beauty, congrats! Did you get a darker tint in the rear? I didn't realise VW offered a black tailgate bike rack ...suits the grey van with black awning etc
Thank you! I'm not sure if it's a darker tint, to be honest. Picked this one up ex-demo, so the dealer specced it up, but it has a few nice extras, so potentially. I know they sprayed the tailgate themselves as well but it's come up really nice. I think it suits it more than the silver and probably isn't all that hard to do with a bit of TLC.

You are really going to enjoy the driving experience on longer journeys, the Cali is so relaxing to drive. Lucky you having a GSD , used to own one many years ago, still miss her.
I believe Grannyjen is hoping to organise a meet in Sussex in the future.

View attachment 77950

View attachment 77951

View attachment 77952
Love the colour - very nice;)

View attachment 77950

View attachment 77951

View attachment 77952
Lovely looking van :)

Thank you! Yeah would be nice to meet a few people in the area. We only moved here from London in September, so this will get us out and about in the UK with our German Shepherd as well, seeing family in Devon, visiting Scotland (NC500?) and just getting out as much as possible.

We've named it Dani after Dani California. We're big Red Hot Chili Peppers fans!
Welcome don’t forget to check out Cali Dogs threads and introduce your GS.

1620233915048.png
Your Teresina Wheels remind me of the Red Hot Chili symbol too a bit... I know I need to get out more.

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm not sure if it's a darker tint, to be honest. Picked this one up ex-demo, so the dealer specced it up, but it has a few nice extras, so potentially. I know they sprayed the tailgate themselves as well but it's come up really nice. I think it suits it more than the silver and probably isn't all that hard to do with a bit of TLC.
What nice extras did you get? Sorry to be a bore but I'm waiting for an Ascot grey 150 myself ... tick tock ... tick .... tock...

looks amazing , waiting for mine and just seeing people getting theirs it keeps the dream going thank you :)

Hi great to see a new arrival looks great. I had a call from Martin today at VW Tonbridge my Cali is at sheppey docks hoping to pick up end of next week

What nice extras did you get? Sorry to be a bore but I'm waiting for an Ascot grey 150 myself ... tick tock ... tick .... tock...
Ooo I'll check the list and send over the extras; lots to think of!

A long shot but 'm guessing they're going to go camping in it

Great van and great name! My bright red Cali is called Chili (with one L) for same reason. Enjoy your new obsession!