Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A

AtlanticOcean

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Greetings all,
New member from Berkshire / Oxfordshire border here.
Don’t currently own a Cali. We sat on the fence for a while, trying to decide between a Cali and an Autotrail Expedition 66 /67. We (I) then put it on the back burner for a little while, (hoping that the wife would lose interest - I know, I know………). Anyway i am now under the cosh to find one asap.
Keeping an eye on the classifieds both here and elsewhere for a nice T6 Ocean 150bhp DSG. Would love a T6.1 but they’re out of reach budget wise atm.
Looking forward to trawling these pages for information.

Greetings all,
New member from Berkshire / Oxfordshire border here.
Don’t currently own a Cali. We sat on the fence for a while, trying to decide between a Cali and an Autotrail Expedition 66 /67. We (I) then put it on the back burner for a little while, (hoping that the wife would lose interest - I know, I know………). Anyway i am now under the cosh to find one asap.
Keeping an eye on the classifieds both here and elsewhere for a nice T6 Ocean 150bhp DSG. Would love a T6.1 but they’re out of reach budget wise atm.
Looking forward to trawling these pages for information.
Nice, welcome aboard :thumb Consider your needs very carefully. We have had 2 Fiat Ducato based vans and now a Cali Coast. The bigger vans are more comfortable when on site, have proper toilets, showers etc and you can stand up in them without having to put the roof up. The Cali’s are smaller, more fuel efficient, go anywhere, park anywhere and (in our view) much much more fun and nicer to drive altogether. If you like touring and having road trip adventures the Cali is untouchable. If you prefer to drive to one place and stay there for a week or more then a bigger motorhome will offer higher levels of comfort and refinement.

Either way, good luck :cool:

Many thanks @chockswahay. We’ve camped for many few years with the kids when they were younger. Now it’s our turn.
Great to have that feedback from someone that’s been there and done it. The fact that you’ve come back to a Cali, assures us that we’re heading in the right direction.

Back