Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

B

btsousa

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach 199
Good morning all, we're a family of 5 and just got our T6.1 recently here in Germany - after a year of pandemic longing to drive out to nature - and so in our first night out - by trying different settings to get the heater started, I managed to set the auxiliary heater console in a funny state - the yellow heating light is permanently on and the display says: "Error: Auxiliary Heater" - I don't manage to reset this - tried resetting factory settings from the main console - this did not have any effect. Is there another obvious way to get this console reset - or is it best just to bring it to a VW garage?

It's really great to see so many tips on the Cali in these forums, looking forward to finding new ways to make the best of this car, cheers!

:welcome Welcome to the forum.

Did you use heat continuously or heat immediately.
I think the advice has been to set the time on heat immediately to 120mins and ensure you switch off before then.
Driving may reset, or pulling the fuse.

I think at one point I had pressed heat immediatelly - and as this didn't seem to produce a result I also pressed the continuously option - this is when at some point the console got stuck in error - driving didn't reset it though - I would pull the fuse - but how to identify which one it is? :)

This thread shows the fuses under the passenger seat (in UK models).

Back