• Thread starter Fat Matt and Shoddy
  • Start date
F

Fat Matt and Shoddy

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,

New members here looking forward to being members of the club and learning all about our new to us Cali Beach.

Having been very close to buying a Beach back in 2011 we finally picked up our 2017 7 seater beach a few months ago.

A couple of trial run outs and we love the bus. We’re fine tuning our setup but are so glad we took the plunge.

I’ll post some up after our next trip. Last weekends antics have covered the beach in mud so need a polish before I dare show our bus.

Congrats on the Beach. Hopefully the weather will improve soon so you can properly enjoy:)

Congrats, the fine tuning never stops, I pack slightly differently for each trip dependant on location, anticipated weather & duration of stay, electric / no electric hook up etc.
once you have your core gear sorted it’s simply Add or Remove certain things.
“Really useful” plastic storage boxes can make packing, unpacking & locating items a simple task , the Beach is a great camper with loads of usable space :cheers

Just had delivery of a few essentials today thanks to campervanbits. Last trip out could have done with some levelers. Weather was kind to the awning but felt vulnerable with no tie downs. Picked up a set of awning sides and a few new camping odds and ends to refresh some of our older kit.

For a couple of years we had a Nissan Elgrand which did a great job and cemented our desire to get a California and also helped us decide on the beach. We have a big crate we stick in the boot which contains our cooking kit etc which can quickly be removed giving us the packing space again.

We’re pretty much set and as said previously our kit will change depending on facilities where we camp (toilet etc).

Congrats we got our 2017 Beach in Jan and having the best time. Happy travels!