Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member - looking for a Beach!

G

Guy Raymond

GRAY
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi all,

We have just joined the club after trawling the classifieds for the last few months. I hope it's OK to post this on this forum?

We are a young family of 4 looking for our first van, a Beach. Budget is around £30-35K, looking for a clean, low mileage T5/ early T6. I am keeping an eye on Auto Trader too, which has a few. We live in Bristol, can travel for the right van, and can move quickly if you have one for sale, or are thinking of selling yours. Rest assured it will be going to a good home!

Looking for low mileage, clean, 140/150 BHP. Auto ideally, etc etc.. the usual.

Thanks
Guy

How exciting! Have you spotted the 2017 beach advertised at £36,950 in the for sale section here? It might be a bit of a stretch but it's well spec'd (parking heater etc).

How exciting! Have you spotted the 2017 beach advertised at £36,950 in the for sale section here? It might be a bit of a stretch but it's well spec'd (parking heater etc).
Hi - thanks for the notification. Yes I have seen it. As much as I'd love a T6, its a bit of a squeeze! Is the tax still in the higher category for this vehicle?

Looking for low mileage, clean, 140/150 BHP. Auto ideally, etc etc.. the usual.
I suggest that you drop your concern about mileage. A good service history for these vans, whose engines are built for commercial use, is far more important. A 3/4 year old Beach with 10,000 miles on the clock will have spent an awful lot of time doing nothing, especially during the wet winter months.

8,000 - 16,000 miles per year, with regular oil changes, is what, in my opinion, you should be looking out for.

I suggest that you drop your concern about mileage. A good service history for these vans, whose engines are built for commercial use, is far more important. A 3/4 year old Beach with 10,000 miles on the clock will have spent an awful lot of time doing nothing, especially during the wet winter months.

8,000 - 16,000 miles per year, with regular oil changes, is what, in my opinion, you should be looking out for.
Hi Amarillo - that's very useful feedback, so thank you. That has been a concern, although all I've owned are VWs that have done lots of miles with no probs, so I agree! I guess my concern is also rooted on resale values,and if we're spending all this money we need to get the best possible van. My other concern is around the depreciation of T5s, and whether these will be hit hard next year with the new T6.1 being released.

also, I'm looking at a 2016, 38K services once at c.20K, so I assume that is OK? that's not 'regular oil changes'

also, I'm looking at a 2016, 38K services once at c.20K, so I assume that is OK? that's not 'regular oil changes'
The normal long service regime appears to be every 17,000 miles or so, alternating between minor and major service, but both including an oil and oil filter change.

Hi Amarillo - that's very useful feedback, so thank you. That has been a concern, although all I've owned are VWs that have done lots of miles with no probs, so I agree! I guess my concern is also rooted on resale values,and if we're spending all this money we need to get the best possible van. My other concern is around the depreciation of T5s, and whether these will be hit hard next year with the new T6.1 being released.
The difference between purchase price and resale value should depend on your use, not the previous owner's use.