Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member from West Midlands

Scoobyboy5555

Scoobyboy5555

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi Guys and Girls,

Thought i would introduce myself, Im from Willenhall, West Midlands, I sold my converted T5.1 VW transporter last year with the intention of buying a newer van, but not in my wildest dreams did I ever think id be in a position to buy a new California, reason for wanting something new was that as much as I loved my trusty old T5.1 it was 10 years old and over 150k miles on the clock and as much as we traveled all over the UK with it, I dont think i would trust it to take me further a field like Spain/Portugal/France.

Anyway I have a new T6.1 Cali Ocean 150 in white on order with wood floor and red canvas roof as options, I put the order in and paid the £1000 deposit on 7th March 2022 after contacting Autoebid who put me in touch with a dealer, I was originally told 12-14 months waiting from the dealer which I was happy with and proceeded with the order.

Anyway got a email from dealer on 25th Aug 2022, saying that "order is currently a confirmed build week 37 (w/c 16.09)" and dealer saying that I should get it by mid to late October, So anytime soon fingers crossed.

Cant wait to do some overseas traveling in the Cali next summer!!!

Congratulations - that will be lightening quite for a new Cali these days! I’m sure you’ll have picked up on other threads about new van deliveries, but while I hope your dealers right, normal builds take 2 weeks or so, with deliveries around 5-6 weeks. Our build was 3 weeks, and delivery 7 weeks. Even so, it looks like you’re way ahead of the recent track record!

Congratulations - that will be lightening quite for a new Cali these days! I’m sure you’ll have picked up on other threads about new van deliveries, but while I hope your dealers right, normal builds take 2 weeks or so, with deliveries around 5-6 weeks. Our build was 3 weeks, and delivery 7 weeks. Even so, it looks like you’re way ahead of the recent track record!
Yeah i keep checking my emails everyday waiting for that email from the dealer saying its coming into the dealership.
But im getting excited now even though it will probably sit on the drive until next year, it hasn't stopped me making a list of all the stuff I want for it (bike rack/lowering springs/bandrup seat covers)

Maybe you should start a scoobies/other fun cars photo thread. I will join in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you should start a scoobies/other fun cars photo thread. I will join in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think i can do 2 pages by myself of the Scoobys ive owned. lol 10 Impreza's overall and 3 Evo's, love my old JDM cars, problem is there all tripled in price since the last time I owned one.

You collecting from Eurovans ?