Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member from Preston Lancashire

Daytona1977

Daytona1977

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Good Evening All, been lurking and making the odd post on here for the last few months whilst getting slightly frustrated with the build/delivery process. Finally taking delivery of our Candy White/Bay Leaf Green 204ps 4 Motion Cali on Wednesday next week from VW Van Centre Liverpool. Have to say we are pretty excited! First time owners of a California and we plan to make full use of the fact we now have the time to shoot off whenever we feel like it (Labrador in tow). Thought I would now say hello and introduce ourselves formally as new members, because now the California is imminent I feel we can. I look forward to sourcing lots of fantastic info from you guys along the way.

Good Evening All, been lurking and making the odd post on here for the last few months whilst getting slightly frustrated with the build/delivery process. Finally taking delivery of our Candy White/Bay Leaf Green 204ps 4 Motion Cali on Wednesday next week from VW Van Centre Liverpool. Have to say we are pretty excited! First time owners of a California and we plan to make full use of the fact we now have the time to shoot off whenever we feel like it (Labrador in tow). Thought I would now say hello and introduce ourselves formally as new members, because now the California is imminent I feel we can. I look forward to sourcing lots of fantastic info from you guys along the way.
:welcome Whilst waiting for a photo of your new Cali you could put a pic of your Labrador in the Cali dogs thread :thumb

Get yourself a ridgemonkey for your butter pies and Tefal pans for parched peas ;)

Verrrry exciting. Hope to be making the trip to Liverpool ourselves, very soon.

Get yourself a ridgemonkey for your butter pies and Tefal pans for parched peas ;)
Ridge monkey bought, noted taken regarding the regal pan. Been shopping for the avail for the last 9 months whilst waiting for delivery!

Ridge monkey bought, noted taken regarding the regal pan. Been shopping for the avail for the last 9 months whilst waiting for delivery!
Not sure if you're after a gas BBQ of some sort, but we've just got the Cadac Safari and it's brilliant, especially in summer when you're not wanting to be stuck inside.

Enjoy your new van!

Have you had notification it’s been built and shipped yet Graham?
Currently sat at the Port and Adam at LVC has just emailed to say that it's on course to be dropped with them next Monday/Tuesday so we could pick up on Wednesday, the same day as you (guess ours were on a boat together). Typical, because we can't make it up next week but all signs point towards the Wednesday after. Shame we couldn't cross paths on the forecourt but what can you do?

Is it here yet ?

congrats on survival of the Marathon wait, get out and use it now and never look back to those Dark days !

Great colour choice!!! Be prepared for lots of "nice van" comments :)
Thank you, the dealer has just sent me a video in preparation for collection Tomorrow. Its having some side bars fitted Today and we collect at noon tomorrow.

Is it here yet ?

congrats on survival of the Marathon wait, get out and use it now and never look back to those Dark days !
Its sat at the dealers waiting to be collected tomorrow. That's the quickest they could turn it round. Tracker and side bars to be fitted and its good to go!

Currently sat at the Port and Adam at LVC has just emailed to say that it's on course to be dropped with them next Monday/Tuesday so we could pick up on Wednesday, the same day as you (guess ours were on a boat together). Typical, because we can't make it up next week but all signs point towards the Wednesday after. Shame we couldn't cross paths on the forecourt but what can you do?
Looks forward to seeing the pics when you collect. Something makes it all feel real when LVC send you a video and pics of your actual van with all the spec. Good luck with collection!

Not sure if you're after a gas BBQ of some sort, but we've just got the Cadac Safari and it's brilliant, especially in summer when you're not wanting to be stuck inside.

Enjoy your new van!
Awesome, thanks, I will take a look straight away, must of missed that!

Looks forward to seeing the pics when you collect. Something makes it all feel real when LVC send you a video and pics of your actual van with all the spec. Good luck with collection!
Thanks, you too. I'm looking forward to that video.

Enjoy your new van!
The Cadac BBQ's look great. Do you mind me asking which safari model you went for? There appear to be quite a few variants to choose from.

Welcome from us, we live just down the m65, no doubt we will fly past each other at some point :thumb. Get used to one-handed driving, it's approaching campervan-waving season :welcome

Welcome from us, we live just down the m65, no doubt we will fly past each other at some point :thumb. Get used to one-handed driving, it's approaching campervan-waving season :welcome
Yes, indeed! Not too far away at all! Just had the final picture of the van before valet and collection Tomorrow. Super excited now!

image001.jpg

The Cadac BBQ's look great. Do you mind me asking which safari model you went for? There appear to be quite a few variants to choose from.
Yep, we went for the safari chef 2 LP (low pressure), and then bought a high pressure regulator to use the 500g gas cannisters. That way I can use it outside and still use the hobs in the van for pasta,potatoes etc.

With it being the low pressure model, I'm still able to use patio gas bottles at home, so best of both worlds really! Van looks fantastic btw, great colour

Yep, we went for the safari chef 2 LP (low pressure), and then bought a high pressure regulator to use the 500g gas cannisters. That way I can use it outside and still use the hobs in the van for pasta,potatoes etc.

With it being the low pressure model, I'm still able to use patio gas bottles at home, so best of both worlds really! Van looks fantastic btw, great colour
Thanks for the info! I'll do some research on them now. Seem to be sold out everywhere......

Looking forward to collection Tomorrow now, been a really long wait.......well, it's felt like it anyway.;)

Well, picked up the Cali Today from Liverpool Van Centre. Can't give them enough praise! They were super helpful and everything on the recommended check list was spot on. No dramas, no issues. Adam and Andy there have been fantastic! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone looking to buy a new or used van. The van (Now named Daphne) is exceptional and driving home I couldn't take the smile off my face. Can't wait to start using it properly over the coming Weekends, pics to follow I'm sure.

Well, picked up the Cali Today from Liverpool Van Centre. Can't give them enough praise! They were super helpful and everything on the recommended check list was spot on. No dramas, no issues. Adam and Andy there have been fantastic! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone looking to buy a new or used van. The van (Now named Daphne) is exceptional and driving home I couldn't take the smile off my face. Can't wait to start using it properly over the coming Weekends, pics to follow I'm sure.
What??! No pics right now?

You’re killing me! I have visually the same van minus the Palmerston wheels…I love them but, long story short I took a cancelled order without and yearn for a set!!! £3000+ for a new set from VW or some copies for half the price…just can’t bring myself to do either! I need help…