Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

new member California 6.1 and shelving question

• Thread starter expatboy returned
  • Start date
E

expatboy returned

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
My wife and I purchased a new California recently after years of hanging out with our VW friends whilst we were camping with them but in a Landrover Discovery with roof tent attached - the time has come for us not to fall when coming down off the ladder after a few beers in the night time - so a lot safer now.

In truth we are just getting used to what works for us, we have a 3 year old PWD with us, and would not be without him. Have Duvalay sleeping bags/mattress and they do take up some room but boy are they comfortable.

My question involves additional storage - can anybody advise if there is any clip on/in shelving that would go above the fridge/cooker/sink areas ???

Shelving that would accommodate mattresses / Duvalay above the kitchen units?
Can't say that I have seen anything that would fit the bill there.
I assume that the Duvalay's are already in compression sacks and cannot be compressed any further?

There are small shelves for above the kitchen to accommodate cups etc and there are window bags to offer some additional storage in the offside rear window, but nothing that I can think of that would be use storing the large bulky items you mention. I guess you might have to look at roof, or bike rack box type storage maybe?

Back