Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New kid on the block

Taf Powell

Taf Powell

Wandering Dood
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello Cali people. I am Taf Powell, a corporate consultant in the offshore oil sector (I know! It was all the rage when I was a kid). I live in Aberdeen, and have nothing to do with Wales except my name and a wonder for the speech of the Welsh and the beauty of that country. And as for my base in north Scotland: I travel far and see beautiful places but come home to the most beautiful of all in the Dee Valley and the Highlands. My roots? I am a Battersea boy - inner London. Luv it, Guv.
I come lately to this travelling world. We were empty nesters with a young labradoodle, Molly, when my wife Judy passed away in late 2017 and I slowly grew the idea of a new distraction of road trips for Molly and me in a VW van having seen a very funky conversion job in a local spot. During 2018 I rented and borrowed Cali Oceans (and a Beach once) being frustrated by VW's manufacturing shenanigans and my two local dealerships' incomprehensible failures to place orders on time. But the 6 different vans taught me what I needed most in the spec of my own rig.
In March I drove back my loan Cali back to the dealer's and drove away with Mr Whippy (it's an age thing). Starlight Blue in homage to Judy's best colour, and Candy White. It's the new 199 hp, AWD, DSG and 18" alloys. The blue roof bellows looks the icing on the cake.
I aim to do every county in the UK, and should we remarkably sort out our politics, every rural département in France.
See you somewhere, Cali people.
Taf and Molly

:welcome
Nice story. And sad to hear the passing away of your wife.
Looks like you are very ready for the Californian life.
I hope you keep enjoying it like I do, and maybe we cross or meet eachother one day. In France that will probably be, as that is the country I will be visiting the most.

Welcome Taf & Molly

Brilliant 2 tone colour. Look forward to seeing some photos of the blue bellows.

We love our travels with Meg&Millie (our westies). Off on a road trip to Scotland soon. A wedding in Alloway, then onto campsites on Aran & Arisaig.
Happy fun Cali travels
Mandy & Simon

:welcome:welcome:welcome
Welcome Taf & Molly, a sad tale that has led you to Cali life, hope you enjoy it. Happy wandering.:thumb

Hello Cali people. I am Taf Powell, a corporate consultant in the offshore oil sector (I know! It was all the rage when I was a kid). I live in Aberdeen, and have nothing to do with Wales except my name and a wonder for the speech of the Welsh and the beauty of that country. And as for my base in north Scotland: I travel far and see beautiful places but come home to the most beautiful of all in the Dee Valley and the Highlands. My roots? I am a Battersea boy - inner London. Luv it, Guv.
I come lately to this travelling world. We were empty nesters with a young labradoodle, Molly, when my wife Judy passed away in late 2017 and I slowly grew the idea of a new distraction of road trips for Molly and me in a VW van having seen a very funky conversion job in a local spot. During 2018 I rented and borrowed Cali Oceans (and a Beach once) being frustrated by VW's manufacturing shenanigans and my two local dealerships' incomprehensible failures to place orders on time. But the 6 different vans taught me what I needed most in the spec of my own rig.
In March I drove back my loan Cali back to the dealer's and drove away with Mr Whippy (it's an age thing). Starlight Blue in homage to Judy's best colour, and Candy White. It's the new 199 hp, AWD, DSG and 18" alloys. The blue roof bellows looks the icing on the cake.
I aim to do every county in the UK, and should we remarkably sort out our politics, every rural département in France.
See you somewhere, Cali people.
Taf and Molly
:welcome To you & Molly we hope you really enjoy your Cali.
We love Scotland, particularly the islands & the West Coast, go a couple of times every year, next Scotland trip is 3+ weeks in September. We have friends living north of you in Turriff so also visit that area & around the Moray Firth. May bump into you sometime Happy travels

Hi Taf, touching first post, we have friends in Dyce, You’ve got some lovely countryside to explore in MrWhippy.

Welcome taf.
You won’t regret it .....
It’s a lifestyle...you have a very sad tale to tell,hopefully this will do you the world of good...
We’re
Fresh back from visiting family in Tain and Dornoch totally fell in love with the highlands, what a stunning part of the world ....you will see so much owning a camper van it will change your life for the better enjoy;)

Welcome Taf & Molly

Brilliant 2 tone colour. Look forward to seeing some photos of the blue bellows.

We love our travels with Meg&Millie (our westies). Off on a road trip to Scotland soon. A wedding in Alloway, then onto campsites on Aran & Arisaig.
Happy fun Cali travels
Mandy & Simon
+1 blue bellow pics

Welcome Taf and Molly.
Awesome looking Cali. Lots of adventures ahead
Hope to see you down South one day.