Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New from South London

H

Hettie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello ... we are new very proud owners of a California SE living in South London. Having owned a T2 Devon back in 1984, we already knew what to expect but after a few days away in the New Forest with family, this vehicle has exceeded all of our expectations. Amazing vehicle ! I'm looking forward to reading back on lots of topics on this forum especially around bike racks and of course keeping up with news and learning from the experiences of others. Good to be here ! Hettie

Hi hettie welcome along :crazy

Hi and welcome, Hettie :D

What colour is your Cali?

Maud

Hi Maud, we bought a Deep Black California 180ps SE. Love it ! And yours ?

Hi Hettie,

I test drove a black 180 and it looked great in black!
I have just ordered a 180DSG SE in toffee brown (to hide the mud :lol: ) but I have to wait until March now!

:thumb
Maud

Maud said:
Hi Hettie,

I test drove a black 180 and it looked great in black!
I have just ordered a 180DSG SE in toffee brown (to hide the mud :lol: ) but I have to wait until March now!

:thumb
Maud

Why such a long build time? Thats 26 weeks away? We only waited 17

Build week is 3 so it should be at the dealership by February but I have opted to wait a little longer and get it registered on a 15 plate as it will be so close to March anyway. I have waited so long already, another few months won't hurt :D

Maud

hi Maud, You're right about the mud... our black one seems to permanently need a wash... and parking under a tree doesn't help. We actually had a pick of either a black or a white California at our supplier which exactly matched our requirements and which meant we didn't have to wait until the new year to get hold of one. We just preferred the Black. As a brand new owner, it's been really good discovering what's what and apart from the sliding door, very, very occasionally failing to electrically close the last inch or 2 requiring me to close it with a bit more force.. its been great. I was wondering whether this was a fault or something I was doing wrong...time will tell but its fine 99.9% of the time.

We test drove a black Cali 180dsg at Colbornes. It looks great in the black but it looked like a labour of love on the cleaning front so went with the Silver after considering the blue!

Also ordered a 15 plate so have a few months to wait :sad

Hettie said:
apart from the sliding door, very, very occasionally failing to electrically close the last inch or 2 requiring me to close it with a bit more force.. its been great. I was wondering whether this was a fault or something I was doing wrong...time will tell but its fine 99.9% of the time.

Fairly common fault but can be very hard to fix.
Mine was fixed under warranty but it does it again now on occasion.
Sometimes best to just live with these problems!