Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forest Meet Thread June 2012

Just got in - thank you everyone for a good weekend - rain not a good thing but hardly ruined it. Great to be welcomed people and to meet people.

Lee - thank you for a lovely dinner and beer or two :)

Thank you to everyone else who took time to chat or chat about the van.

I learnt loads - and will be ready to attend another :)

James

Custard said:

Including 'if it looks wet and boggy it probably is and I may get my van stuck if I try to drive through it' :laugh2 :rofl

Stu said:
Custard said:

Including 'if it looks wet and boggy it probably is and I may get my van stuck if I try to drive through it' :laugh2 :rofl

That's unfair - I never even mentioned your awning :(

Can you spill the beans on who required jump starting? Was it my parents in their sand biege? I wouldn't wish that on anyone but if it was my Dad :laugh2

Hi all. Big thanks to Martin for organising the weekend. It was great to meet all of you who braved the downpour last evening. We really enjoyed ourselves, broke our 'duck' for attending club events and will definitely be back. I will post up some photos later. Graham

Just as we were leaving Helen & Andreas arrived flying the German flag, we look forward to seeing you both at the next meet, Helen actually works for VW and the California is her company car !!!!

image.php

Chris said:
Can you spill the beans on who required jump starting? Was it my parents in their sand biege? I wouldn't wish that on anyone but if it was my Dad :laugh2

Hi Chis, luckily it was not your dad, I will leave it to the two people in question to reveal who they are ...

Brilliant weekend, nice to meet all of you. :thanks Martin & Kev for organising it. Hope to see you all at the next meet.

Cheers

Anthony, Katie, George, & Derek

Yes big thank you for organising it - I think everyone got something, and for us newbies it was a good experience.

It was lovely to see people being helped when they had queries or questions :)

James

Great photos as usual Martin.

Looks like you all had a good, if wet, weekend.

Thanks to the organisers!

We made our way home via the Sammy Miller motorcycle museum. What an amazing place.

Andy, it wasn't the same without you!

Cheers, all!

Thanks for a great weekend, we really enjoyed meeting everyone. Look forward to the next one.
:thanks

Martin said:
Just as we were leaving Helen & Andreas arrived flying the German flag, we look forward to seeing you both at the next meet, Helen actually works for VW and the California is her company car !!!!

image.php
Helen & me are very sorry we missed the actual meet ... my fault, as I was in holiday modus not being aware everyone needed to go home today... we were delighted to meet Martin, Steve & Linda!
Helen & me might be able to act as some kind of link to the factory in Hannover. I could also support by getting in contact with a German California club if needed.
I've got to concentrate on the football now, as the winner will meet 'my' team on Thursday ;)
Cheers from Sandyballs,
Andreas

Hi I must have just missed you today. Never mind there is always next time
Nice looking van by the way :thumb :thumb

helen said:
Helen & me might be able to act as some kind of link to the factory in Hannover.

That would be very useful. I am in contact with VW CS at the moment but they tell me they are waiting for their contact to reply who is currently out of office. :thumb

We would like to arrange a visit from the UK club in the same manner the other EU clubs do.

Hi,

Can I add my thanks to all you guys for helping explain how things worked. I am so excited that I can start using "Nugget" whenever now I know what I am doing.

Hopefully next time I can join you for a beer in the evening.

So kind of you to give so much help, i probably exhausted you all with my questions. Thanks especially to Graham, Martin, Kevin, Lee (no you are not having my Iso-top for £50 cash!), and Roy and Carol who are not members yet but hope they will sign up soon.

Lee, Sam and Harley

Despite the weather on Saturday night it looks as though you all had a good time. Sorry to have missed it :(

Hi All
Brilliant weekend a big thanks to Martin for organising the weekend.It was great to meet lots of likeminded people it only took 3 hours to get home to derby :lol: thanks to Stu for the info on the bluetooth will pm you later thanks all.

Gary & Heather