Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New engine and chassis options?

5starryder

5starryder

Vehicle
Just browsing
Just had a look on the vw vans website and the configurator. It appears the TDI option is now limited to 150ps and the 4 motion is only limited to a manual gearbox on a 150ps diesel. However there is now a petrol engine option TSI in 150ps manual and 204ps dsg.

The brochure on the website hasnt been updated.

Does anyone know if you can still get a 204ps 4motion dsg California?

Hope you can help, thanks in advance.

why not pick up the phone and ask the dealerships. looking at VW site one thinks not there was another post this morning about this

:welcome not looking good at this time for the TDI 204 4 motion buyer - ditto for ask the dealers

Just had a look on the vw vans website and the configurator. It appears the TDI option is now limited to 150ps and the 4 motion is only limited to a manual gearbox on a 150ps diesel. However there is now a petrol engine option TSI in 150ps manual and 204ps dsg.

The latest online price list is dated June 17 and still shows the previous diesel options, also the web page. The configurator has been wrong before. Might be worth querying with VWCS.

VW have them on their web sites and configurator in France / Europe !

https://www.volkswagen-utilitaires....rnia/72015/76548/california-ocean?page=engine

Contacted my local dealer and they spotted the change too. They found out and called me back, the configurator is correct. No more 204PS diesels for order. New petrol engine in 150 and 204ps but no 4motion. Diesel manual 150 is the only 4 motion option left.

They hadn't been able to order 4motion Californias for quite a few months but was not told it was discontinued back then.

I am in the process of ordering a 204PS DSG 4motion diesel.

My understanding from the dealer is that there is currently an issue with type approval for this model which will be overcome very soon and enable my order to be processed.

Same boat here and waiting for the 204 diesel, dealers pretty much said the same I.e. 204 diesel will be coming back, just a matter of when.