Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New campsite toilet access

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
After my recent post re. wrist bands on hooks to enter the C&MC toilet block I stayed at an affiliated site om Wednesday and they had the three diamonds system. No diamonds left and you can't go in. If there is a diamond, take it in with you, back on the hook on exit.

IMG_20200722_185430.jpg

I'm not touching those ....not even with a gun pointed at my head .
How dumb can it be to have things going from one hand to another between complete strangers in a toiletblock ?

How dumb can it be to have things going from one hand to another between complete strangers in a toiletblock ?
Some nutter obviously thought it was a good idea. :headbang

Now, if they were made of copper, that could work.
That said, how many dipsticks get back to their pitch and find the diamond in their pocket! I know I would, for sure :talktothehand

:Iamsorry But despite all that is said on the news and other educational sources people still don’t understand how they can catch Covid 19.
You could touch an object that is absolutely covered in C19 and be perfectly safe , until you rub your eyes, scratch your nose, suck your finger or eat or drink something . All you have to do is wash your hands with soap and water before doing any of those things.

The picture shows 3 diamonds and a hand sanitizer dispenser.
Pick up a diamond, 3 squirts of sanitizer to cover your hands and diamond, job done. On exit hang up diamond, 2 squirts of sanitizer and you’re good to go.

@WelshGas , Paul i know you would with you medical background ;)
Still imo. it's best to rule out as much contacts as possible .

Generally, or so I believe, if someone has a gun to your head it is to force you to do something. If you don't do it they shoot you.

You imply you would rather be shot that risk the infinitesimal chance of getting bat flu from a plasic diamond.

The only way I have found to avoid touching things that others, strangers, have touched, is not to go out.

I find washing my hands or using sanitiser a useful alternative to going stir-crazy stuck indoors :)

Place I stayed in Devon last week had an abacus system, push the bead across with your finger on entry, other way on exit. Sanitiser next to if for your finger tip. Simple, easy system, nothing to hold or take with you................but it didn’t work. Not once did the beads correspond to the number of people in the block. You can take a horse to water.......

Serious though, the diamond system is a good idea, if anyone is that worried about touching a disc am assuming they wouldn’t be using th3 toilet block at all as you have to push on a door handle.
simple solution, pick up said disc, hold it between thumb and forefinger, it will stop you touching your face while you are holding it, go to sink wash hands and disc carry out your ablutions replace disc when finished!whats the issue?

Had an interesting comparison between CCC and CAMC club sites the past 2 weekends. The CCC site had 2 cubicles, 2 Showers and wash basin in use. Everything else closed off. They placed a limit of 5 people inside i.e. everything occupied so self regulating. The CAMC site had 2 showers, cubicles and wash basins. You were given your own key tags and there were only 2 pegs outside the block.

Why not place balls in a jar of sanitizer or alcohol liquid solution.
Remove ball on entry to toilet and replace on exit...?

Clean balls, clean hands...

At Daleacres CMC site the other week they had a similar system but with wristbands in a tub of milton solution.

All the procedures are sensible, it's just whether people follow them.

Similar arrangement in the Netherlands last week, completely falls over as soon as you introduce people