Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New California Beach Camper 6.1 with mini kitchen

kikoubun

kikoubun

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi everyone

Just received my new Beach Camper 6.1 a couple of days ago, so excited to take it on holidays, not very far I am afraid this year.

Anyway, I have made a few presentation videos, here is the first one:

Thanks!

David

Love it. Like the tunes too. Was it aarmin van buuren?

Not sure about the tune :) The part 2 is on its way, apologies for the quality which is not so good, and I hope it is OK to share youtube link on this forum.

From the video it looks like VW has redesigned the leaky side windows. On another 6.1 thread it is mentioned that the fly screens from T5/T6 won't fit, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

nice. regarding the flexi board at the back. that second part behind the seat bench i reckon flips downwards or upwards to enable you to move your seat back a bit further and make a bigger seating area. ?

Or make room for an extra 2nd row seat, possibly 2 if the box is removed.

Interesting changes to the 2 seat beach storage boxes too.

+ The lid in cabin is hinged at the back ( rather than the studid rear hinge/ 2x telescopic supports in the T6)
- The box is narrower and is part wood/ part open to the std van side panel
- (to me) The box runs through to the boot, robbing the option of full width loadspace.
+ The ultimate stupid design multifex is replaced with a hinged version can lift half up ( as opposed to the one piece design in T6) - both not as good as my one piece rear hinged design that allows full access to whole boot - VW you can have my design for a suitable fee :thumb

Funny how maker of video is showing everything off before he has even used it.

Yeah you're right, I just wanted to do the video while the van is not loaded up and full of stuff, but true I need to use a little bit more to learn how things fully work :)
The other reason to rush is that I am probably one of the very few european customers (at least in France) to receive
I was a bit dissapointed with the Beach multiflex board as I was expecting to get the same one fitted with the other versions (Ocean and Coast) which can partially recline and be used

Sorry pressed enter key a bit too early on my previous post so here is the full post

Yeah you're right, I just wanted to do the video while the van is not loaded up and full of stuff, but true I need to use a little bit more to learn how things fully work :)
The other reason to rush is that I am probably one of the very few European customers (at least in France) to receive a Beach 6.1, it seems most orders for the Beach are suffering huge delays from the German factory and I got tons of questions especially regarding the new little kitchen.

I was also a bit disappointed with the Beach multiflex board as I was expecting to get the same one fitted with the other versions (Ocean and Coast) which can partially recline and be used as a nice Sofa in relation with the bed, but the multiflex fitted with the Beach seems to be much more basic than the other ones....

I was also a bit disappointed with the Beach multiflex board

Maybe it is Volkswagen's little joke, something to annoy us when pretty much everything else on a Beach works so well.

Enjoy your shiny new toy. Allons y.

Good video thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for posting those - I have an early T6 Beach with two seat bench & it's interesting to see the differences / improvements:
  • darker grey footwell plastics & bench fabrics are better & will show fewer marks
  • gas ring inside would do me nicely for making coffee on a weekend rideout
  • boxes, especially the plastic bin insert, look to be more practical, never got mine to be truly usable / useful / optimised. hopefully the back one may also come out separately
  • hinged board better, but still not as good as it could be (as above)

looks great - have fun!

thanks for posting those - I have an early T6 Beach with two seat bench & it's interesting to see the differences / improvements:
  • darker grey footwell plastics & bench fabrics are better & will show fewer marks
  • gas ring inside would do me nicely for making coffee on a weekend rideout
  • boxes, especially the plastic bin insert, look to be more practical, never got mine to be truly usable / useful / optimised. hopefully the back one may also come out separately
  • hinged board better, but still not as good as it could be (as above)

looks great - have fun!
We have the 2 seater which we love, we make coffee using the Alpkit, works a treat :)

That mini kitchen looks like a triumph of design. Any chance of retro fitting, I wonder? That gas bottle will last a lifetime!
Multiflex board looks more flexible, and probably easier to remove too. Wonder how robust the brackets on the box and side of the van are though...
I would hope the back box is removable for full width.
Some very worthy improvements there.
Thanks for showing off your new toys.