Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali owners

A

Alfonso

Hi all. We’re new to all this and are awaiting delivery of our new California beach diesel at the end of May. In the current anti diesel climate are we made to be investing in a brand new one. We’re not too concerned about a drop in its value as we’re planning to keep it for at least 10-15 years but more concerned that countries towns and cities will ban diesels in the not too distant future. Any thoughts please
Alfie

Hi all. We’re new to all this and are awaiting delivery of our new California beach diesel at the end of May. In the current anti diesel climate are we made to be investing in a brand new one. We’re not too concerned about a drop in its value as we’re planning to keep it for at least 10-15 years but more concerned that countries towns and cities will ban diesels in the not too distant future. Any thoughts please
Alfie
If you are mad then we are all mad too !
Welcome by the way :)
There are reasons why almost all vans and Lorries are Diesel rather than Petrol and it's not just about mpg.
I imagine banning diesel vehicles will for a very long time be limited to City Centres - places we don't tend to want to visit with a Camper Van anyway
So relax and enjoy !
Bill

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Welcome to the " Mad " world.
Politicians may say what they want but they won't be around when the next lot realise what it actually means to ban all diesels. It will be a long time coming.
And don't forget the Law of Unintended Consequences - that hasn't reared its head yet, but it will.

German news indicates banning of old more polluting vehicles and no intent that it would apply to Euro 5 and definitely not Euro 6. Most scientists are more concerned with CO2 and that applies to the larger petrol engines.:welcome

Last edited:
A report today suggested co2 emissions have gone up almost 1% this last year, as new purchases of vehicles are petrol. This follows 16 years of decreasing co2 emissions.
Like you, planning a long a long term investment - fun and travel:)

Welcome, the California is a wonderful vehicle capable to be used for a long time or high milage.

I do understand the confusion there is with owners of diesel cars and vans. In Germany courts decided that a ban of diesel vehicles in cities and towns are legal.

What that actually means on day to day basis nobody knows. Taxis, vans, trucks, buses, etc. Most of them use diesel engines for a good reason. How should they be replaced? Who will pay for this? It is easy to blame but not to easy to find a workable solution.

Diesel engines are responsible for Nx and people living in busy areas suffer, but aren't there other solutions as to ban them?

Next year we wanted to go to Germany and visit Frankfurt (I am from this area). It mighbethat we can't do this.

Never the less I would decide the same and go for the 150 HP Diesel engine. I believe that the van had the potential with this engine to see me out. Let's see what the future brings.

Eberhard

Welcome Alfie
Hope you enjoy the time until May reading and planning future trips!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hi,

We are new to the club and have just heard from our dealership that our Ocean is on its way, like others it has been a tense time but our new adventures is about to begin. It’s our first Cali so a steep learning curve and will be looking for lots of advise

Hi and welcome.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cali is Euro 6 compliant. The current Media hysteria targets all diesels despite the problem being with the pre Euro 5 emission levels. London has targetted up to Euro 4 for financial penalties and I would expect that this will be the norm when the dust settles.
2020 sees even stricter emission levels coming in and I'm not sure if any manufacturers have been able to achieve this without using Hybrids or Electric vehicles. Issues with hidden pollution during production and providing power for these is becoming an issue.

Just enjoy your Cali and find access methods as and when required. Permits, at a cost, should be available for Euro 6 for a few years at least.

Back