Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali owner: Insurance - Any advice?

We are in exactly the same position as you - my daily to work, and he owns it.

We went with Comfort. They also had good some additional cover for camping equipment if I remember rightly.

Let us know how you get on.

I had potentially put Comfort on the back of the pile for now as I had noticed on the original quote that one of the assumptions made was that proposer was both owner & registered keeper so that’s really good to know. Thank you!

I’m insured through the Camping and Caravan club “Clubcare” always had the best quote from them, on our eighth year now
I’ve got breakdown cover with the German company ADAC, they cover you not the vehicle so it’s any vehicle and it includes all EU countries, ones the most U.K. based companies won’t cover. You can’t register online but have very good English speakers when you call. I pay €89 a year. It does work! - I had a call out in Belgium two years ago, came in 20 minutes, impressive service. If you breakdown in the U.K. it’s the AA that recover you

Thanks! A friend has recently recommended them too so will have a look.

I am just phoning around to get cover as I get my Cali on Wednesday. I will then be the sole driver of a Honda CR-V and a Cali.

LV quote for multi car was £1790 per year because only one vehicle can have my NCB on it, the other has to start again and they won't 'mirror' the NCB

CC&CC, which I thought may be the answer, won't quote at all because I have had a small knock for knock claim in the last 3 years, value of £2000 and I have no NCB to offer so am starting from scratch.

Safeguard have just quoted £398.64 !!!! and so I asked the guy to go over all my details again, because I did not want to have insurance only to find they had misunderstood my circumstances. The quote was correct, with the Cali club discount (thank you- lifesaver) This was without commuting but only with total of £150 excess. The policy is through Highway (part of LV-bit ironic)

Just offering this up as one of the experiences of many

I have also obtained a quote from Just Kampers does anyone have any experience with them?
Hi, following this thread as renewal time and have a competitive quote from Just Kampers, did you go with them and to refresh your question does anyone have any experience of Just Kampers.

a wider question does anyone have experience of making a claim against any of the various recommended insurers - in my experience the ultimate test!

thanks
Ken