Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali owner and new to the Club. Thank you for accepting me :)

• Thread starter Jakup Biskopsto
  • Start date
Jakup Biskopsto

Jakup Biskopsto

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,
I had the pleasure of buying a California Ocean T6 from 2017. Great van :) unfortunately I also soon realized that the cabin control panel was dead.
Luckily there is this Club where I can harvest from the members experiences and expertise.
I have tried all the tips on what to check but without success.
Leisure batteries checked and recharged - all ok . Fuses checked - all ok but still no power indication on the control panel.
Does anyone of you know how to check if power is reaching the panel ? e.g. where to measure.

br,
New member from the Faroe Islands :)

Does the van start OK? There are fuses to check for that panel. There is a list of them in the vip section. I have some fuse cards at home. Give me a shout If you can't find them and I'll try upload a pic for you. The fuses are under the passenger seat. You have pressed the power on button haven't you? Also try disconnecting and reconnecting the starter battery . Good luck.

Does the van start OK? There are fuses to check for that panel. There is a list of them in the vip section. I have some fuse cards at home. Give me a shout If you can't find them and I'll try upload a pic for you. The fuses are under the passenger seat. You have pressed the power on button haven't you? Also try disconnecting and reconnecting the starter battery . Good luck.
Hi,
Thank you for the feedback. No I have not tried to disconnect the starter battery. I have had the two (2) leisure batteries out for check. As I had a suspicion to them. They seems to be in good condition. Charged them up to 100% with separate battery charger and reinstalled the leisure batteries.
I have also checked all the fuses for the cabin (below LH seat), and the fuses in the center console (behind the bottle cooler) in addition I have also the fuses in the engine compartment. No defective fuse found.
I have observed that the I/O button on the cabin control panel is not lid and noting happens when I try to power on the panel. Seems to be dead.
The manual does not give a great amount of details on wiring and fuses :)

If I had a wiring diagram I could check if any power comes to the panel at all.

I think the engine battery powers the control panel. Sounds like a plug may have worked loose at the back. You need to take the panel out and check all the plugs are clipped in tight

I think the engine battery powers the control panel. Sounds like a plug may have worked loose at the back. You need to take the panel out and check all the plugs are clipped in tight
Hi,
Thank you for your proposal. I have had the control panel out and have checked all the connections and plugs. Unplugged the plugs and reinstalled them. All looks OK but unfortunately still no power in the panel.

Hi,
Thank you for your proposal. I have had the control panel out and have checked all the connections and plugs. Unplugged the plugs and reinstalled them. All looks OK but unfortunately still no power in the panel.
Did you check for 12v at the pins on the power plug? Do you know of any other calis in the area that can swap the control panel for you to prove the fault?

Back