Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali (Ordered 19th August) New Member

pjduffill

pjduffill

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi my welcome email upon joining suggested an opening new member "Hello" so hello. Thank you for all the posts, i am finding them such an invaluable source of information. After much ruminating I took the plunge and ordered a new Cali Ocean T6.1 150 DSG with a number of upgrades. I ordered via Drive The Deal who placed the order through VW Crawley. Originally a little reticent in a purchase of this magnitude over an email and a phone call, however it all seems (via checking with VW online Chat) above board.

I have downloaded the VW app, however the order is still pending so no build week established as yet. Dealership states 4-6 months so Feb March 21.

Welcome, I ordered the same day as you and have provisiona build week 43. Just on the app I am sure I have seen here I don’t believe it works for vans, just cars only currently. Most peeps appear to get build updates via VW chat or their dealer.

I did see your post and order date, how long after order your order did the dealer let you know about the build date?

I would be interested if you can track your order (as acknowledged by dealer) on the tracker, its available as an app on the Appstore - Itunes.

VW chat app - 15/09/2020

Currently your California Ocean is waiting to be assigned a build slot, however, we do expect it to be provided a build week within the next couple of weeks.

VW chat app - 15/09/2020

Currently, the app is just for our Volkswagen Passenger Cars customers, as the California falls under the VW Commercial brand, it won't get the updates. However, we're online from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week, so please free to pop back on any time for more updates,

I did see your post and order date, how long after order your order did the dealer let you know about the build date?

I would be interested if you can track your order (as acknowledged by dealer) on the tracker, its available as an app on the Appstore - Itunes.

VW chat app - 15/09/2020

Currently your California Ocean is waiting to be assigned a build slot, however, we do expect it to be provided a build week within the next couple of weeks.

VW chat app - 15/09/2020

Currently, the app is just for our Volkswagen Passenger Cars customers, as the California falls under the VW Commercial brand, it won't get the updates. However, we're online from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week, so please free to pop back on any time for more updates,
I got told the provisional build week two weeks after I ordered.