Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New cali, new adventures

Kingfisher

Kingfisher

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi all, I’ve been reading in these forums for quite a while already, just never got round to introducing myself. I have owned a wonderful green 4motion T5 SE, which took me to lots of places over the past three years. My best trip was last summer to Gamvik in Norway, a trip very much inspired by some of the travel stories on this forum. Thank you all for sharing!

Unfortunately my trusty T5 got stolen this winter. The good news is I will be picking up a new blue 2019 T6 Ocean tomorrow. Really excited to have a cali again with all the freedom it brings. On to new adventures!

Welcome to an obviously already experienced Cali owner. I think blue is still much better colour for a Cali owner called Kingfisher. What the name of the colour blue?

Thank you! In all fairness I just chose/changed my forum name yesterday, already with a view to the new Cali. Then again, I think I read somewhere that adolescent kingfishers are more green than blue.
VW call it acapulco blue...

Gefeliciteerd! Sounds horrible, getting your Cali stolen. Did this happen in NL? Anyways, congrats on the new one! Hope you have great times in it. Too bad Norway wont be an option this summer :-(

Thank you! In all fairness I just chose/changed my forum name yesterday, already with a view to the new Cali. Then again, I think I read somewhere that adolescent kingfishers are more green than blue.
VW call it acapulco blue...
We don't get Acapulco Blue in the UK. Ours is called Starlight Blue. Picture of yours is required please.

Gefeliciteerd! Sounds horrible, getting your Cali stolen. Did this happen in NL? Anyways, congrats on the new one! Hope you have great times in it. Too bad Norway wont be an option this summer :-(

Dank je wel! Getting the Cali and everything in it stolen wasn't too pleasant. It happened to multiple campervans in my home town over the past six months. The police even started warning about in the papers, after they were all stolen.
The new Cali will now have a Bearlock etcetera (the previous one didn't :headbang ). Plus even better insurance, I hope. What more can you do?

Not much I guess. Sad that these things happen. And worrying to hear that there were several stolen in the same town. I figured this wasn't a big problem in NL yet, like in some other countries. Guess I was wrong.