Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach owner Switzerland

S

swisspace

VIP Member
Having spent 10 years with a landrover defender as our holiday vehicle, we decided that we needed something more comfortable and quiet. We had toyed with the comfortline a couple of years ago but we decided that the beach was a better fit, we needed at least 5 seats and the day to day use of the beach. a special edition was announced that wasn't just alloy wheels and colour coding called the travel which included amongst other things climatronic, we additionally specced the heating, DAB radio, locking diff, detachable towbar, external hookup, Bi Xenons with DRLs. A 4M was needed coming from a landrover. The colour was going to be grey on the way to the dealer but sandy beige won through although i wish we could have seen all colours together as I fancied the yellow - our last landrover was orange.

had to spec the automatic rain sensing windscreen wipers which I was unhappy about but i expect we will survive.

most of the time it will be used as a daily town car by my wife and also for the quad yearly commute between the Uk and switzerland.

We ordered in Feb and will collect this Thursday, it has the 140 BMT engine as I figured it will still be faster than the landrover and we can always chip it. decisions still outstanding are the sidebars and second skin seat covers, I think the sidebars will help protect from doors but want to see them first and the seat covers are Soo expensive, but we do have 6 and 8 year old boys plus dog who will be joining us.

just clicked to order bellows bungee and think I have it about covered. I have an Engel fridge which we will fit somewhere otherwise really looking forward to

Just ordered the bellow bungee from this site so hopefull all set.

I am really looking forward to thursday!!

Congratulations the beach sounds great. Pictures please when it arrives :thumb

Congratulation I bet you can't wait till Thursday. Engel fridges are excellent, I used one in Africa.

Welcome , i also swapt from a Land Rover Defender 90 to a Cali....spot the difference :mrgreen:
Switzerland at the next COTF.....!

Will see about attending COTF depends upon kids holidays, Did look at converting a rockton but modifications need lots of paperwork here and my german is not up to that :crazy

Back