Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach Order - Waiting

bagel.rhodes

bagel.rhodes

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi All,

I‘m very impatient but wanted to see if anyone who has order a beach has had any movement. I ordered mine July 22nd and still it is in waiting to be “assigned week” this is now 10 weeks in. I flagger here I’m not happy with the salesperson, but put that aside 10 weeks and not one movement in the order, is the situation that bad that we are waiting 3 months more just to be told when it could be built.

Has anybody got further progress on theirs, has Brexit de-prioritised on VW’s :(

I’m hopping if I moan enough the garage will phone up and say it’s now on schedule :)

Hi All,

I‘m very impatient but wanted to see if anyone who has order a beach has had any movement. I ordered mine July 22nd and still it is in waiting to be “assigned week” this is now 10 weeks in. I flagger here I’m not happy with the salesperson, but put that aside 10 weeks and not one movement in the order, is the situation that bad that we are waiting 3 months more just to be told when it could be built.

Has anybody got further progress on theirs, has Brexit de-prioritised on VW’s :(

I’m hopping if I moan enough the garage will phone up and say it’s now on schedule :)
Hi Bagel,

have you seen this thread

Hi All,

Hi Bagel,
Ordered Beach Camper July 7th. Confirmed acceptance at the factory (Status 00) on 13th July. My dealer contacted me last week to say I have an unconfirmed build date (status 10) of week 17 2022. (beginning of May) Told when ordering the van it would probably be delivered late March early April 22. This provisional date had recently moved from week 18 apparently but from previous experience with my Ocean order last year, this date can jump around for months, only firming up to a status 20 4-8 weeks before actual build. It's probably best not to be too impatient because it will just drive you mad. Accept it could take 10-12 months and be pleasantly surprised and grateful if it arrives any sooner. Last year I would contact VW chat every 2 weeks for an update. In hindsight, it was really just a complete waste of time, like watching gloss paint dry. The dealer has no control regarding the prioritisation of your build.

Hi All,

I had 11 provisional build weeks, and next Friday it will be 12 months since order. I know it’s in build but no-one knows when it might be delivered...
Like @jMacdent I wouldn’t waste your time chasing Chat or your dealer. They are at the mercy of the factory, who give them very little information and seemingly nothing they say can promote your build. You might be lucky though, many are but I haven’t worked out why, seems to be random

Hi Bagel,
Ordered Beach Camper July 7th. Confirmed acceptance at the factory (Status 00) on 13th July. My dealer contacted me last week to say I have an unconfirmed build date (status 10) of week 17 2022. (beginning of May) Told when ordering the van it would probably be delivered late March early April 22. This provisional date had recently moved from week 18 apparently but from previous experience with my Ocean order last year, this date can jump around for months, only firming up to a status 20 4-8 weeks before actual build. It's probably best not to be too impatient because it will just drive you mad. Accept it could take 10-12 months and be pleasantly surprised and grateful if it arrives any sooner. Last year I would contact VW chat every 2 weeks for an update. In hindsight, it was really just a complete waste of time, like watching gloss paint dry. The dealer has no control regarding the prioritisation of your build.
Thank you and i think that’s very wise words. The impatience of knowing when won’t be as good as driving it away… Thank you.

I had 11 provisional build weeks, and next Friday it will be 12 months since order. I know it’s in build but no-one knows when it might be delivered...
Like @jMacdent I wouldn’t waste your time chasing Chat or your dealer. They are at the mercy of the factory, who give them very little information and seemingly nothing they say can promote your build. You might be lucky though, many are but I haven’t worked out why, seems to be random
It almost wouldn't be so bad if you knew from the offset that you would be waiting 12 months? It's the indefinite nature of the experience which is so galling. Land Rover have stated that their delivery times will now be in the region of 12 months and wont even process orders that contain options which require specific computer chip technology notably...
  • Head up display
  • 360 Camera System
  • Driver assist pack
  • Adaptive cruise control

It almost wouldn't be so bad if you knew from the offset that you would be waiting 12 months? It's the indefinite nature of the experience which is so galling. Land Rover have stated that their delivery times will now be in the region of 12 months and wont even process orders that contain options which require specific computer chip technology notably...
  • Head up display
  • 360 Camera System
  • Driver assist pack
  • Adaptive cruise control
And given Californias are full of tech (including standard ACC), perhaps it’s no surprise there are these massive delays...but that doesn’t explain why some are delivered much quicker...or why some dealers give optimistic timescales. I agree with you, if I’d been told 12 months I would still have ordered, but with a different mindset. I was told to expect 4-6 months initially! It has been maddening hearing nothing, resisting contacting VW and when I do, there’s no news. It was a big relief to hear it was in build but now, again the dealer is clueless as to progress.

And given Californias are full of tech (including standard ACC), perhaps it’s no surprise there are these massive delays...but that doesn’t explain why some are delivered much quicker...or why some dealers give optimistic timescales. I agree with you, if I’d been told 12 months I would still have ordered, but with a different mindset. I was told to expect 4-6 months initially! It has been maddening hearing nothing, resisting contacting VW and when I do, there’s no news. It was a big relief to hear it was in build but now, again the dealer is clueless as to progress.
We just had a new car delivered just over 6 weeks of initial order. VW need a kick up the arse.

Can’t compare it to a new car which goes straight from factory to dealer.
Base van goes from transporter factory to California factory to be fitted out by hand.
The latter is experiencing a 700% increase on the order books.
Perhaps a fairer comparison would be how long a cali takes compared to a marco polo, etc.

An Ocean ordered today might arrive in October 2022, but we’re seeing Beaches come through a lot faster on here.

Hi All,

We ordered a 3 seat Beach in August and are still waiting for details of a production week

Hi All,

Ordered ours 20th May, originally told December 2021, now pushed back to February. Apparently due to covid restrictions on the line and certain electronic components being in short supply globally.

Hi All,

I ordered mine on the same day. Spoke to the salesman yesterday and apparently they are getting over their semi conductor shortage and upping their production to 900 vans a month. I was quoted April for my Ocean and he thinks it could be earlier

When I ordered my Ocean in Jan '21 I was told 4-6 months. Reading posts re delivery I feel so lucky that it only took 8 months. When I collected the vehicle the dealership told me that they had orders placed before mine that still hadn't got a build date! Random is the word. Patience is the virtue. Go with the flow. It will happen when it happens. Good luck all.

When I ordered my Ocean in Jan '21 I was told 4-6 months. Reading posts re delivery I feel so lucky that it only took 8 months. When I collected the vehicle the dealership told me that they had orders placed before mine that still hadn't got a build date! Random is the word. Patience is the virtue. Go with the flow. It will happen when it happens. Good luck all.
Random indeed! Mine is 12 months from order on Friday...and has been 'in build' for a month now. Delays must be rooted in options ticked I suppose, or do some dealers have the inside track? I know some on here believe that to be the case. Did your dealer owe you a favour Gina?!

Random indeed! Mine is 12 months from order on Friday...and has been 'in build' for a month now. Delays must be rooted in options ticked I suppose, or do some dealers have the inside track? I know some on here believe that to be the case. Did your dealer owe you a favour Gina?!
Ha ha, no, no favour owed. It really does seem to be random. Much does, I believe, be due to the options ordered. I did have some options ticked but they must have been those which have been easy to source by VW. I know that they had to close the factory twice 'due to Covid' (very handy excuse currently used by so many at the mo), but I still got the eight months. Feel blessed. Hang in there. It is so worth it.

I ordered my California Ocean 7th June 2021, No updates, Nothing on the VW system as far as I’m aware.

We ordered a Beach camper last week, the salesman was upfront about telling us to expect a 12 month wait and not to expect much in the way of updates either.
Do you mind if I asked which garage you ordered your Beach from?

Back