Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach on Order!!!

• Thread starter thesquirrelpatrol
  • Start date
thesquirrelpatrol

thesquirrelpatrol

VIP Member
HI,

I've been trawling these forums for the last 2 years and finally bit the bullet and ordered our new beach due in May.

My wife, Baxter the border terrier and I are all really excited about it. Planning a trip to France in the summer and pretty much every other weekend we can spend in it.

I've order the following options, if there is anything critical missing that anyone would suggest is crucial please let me know because I believe i will still be able to alter it for a few weeks (ordered last week) also if there is anything I have chosen that anyone would advise against please let me know before I ruin my dream cali.

Cali beach 140ps (the demo we drove felt a bit less nippy than my current 130ps 2.5l t5 van - does this improve after a few 1000 miles as the demo only had 500 on the clock - i realise theres extra weight tho)

Pearl Black
parking heater with aux heater
additional rear heater
PS F&R
Laminated glass with auto dimming mirror etc
milan anthracite with 3 seater bench
MFSW
DAB with premium bluetooth
heated washers and washer level indicator
tyre pressure indicator
18" black sport line alloys
fog lights (anyone seen the exterior pack version - dealer said it reverses the body coloured parts on the mirrors i.e. top is black grain and the bottom is body coloured)
LED daytime lights
electric folding mirrors
electrical interface (the £40 one - worth it?)
rear bumper cover
mats

David at the edinburgh van centre was great to deal with btw and got me an incredible deal on new. Was going to go down the ex demo route but the gross figures once the higher APR was applied on the used finance as opposed to the 4.9% on new made the difference in OTR price negligible PLUS there aren't many used beaches out there with the parking heater which has got to be a must have, especially living in Scotland!

The next 3 months are gonna feel like a life time now until we get the keys!

ps I've got an 06 2.5l 130ps transporter with 55k on the clock and loads of great extras that I had originally bought with the intention of converting (before i set my heart on a beach) for sale if anyone is interested.

thanks

The Xenons are very good and they have the LED lights built in and come with washers - not heated. Monster mats with another mat to cover the central area. In the Beach you stand there to open the roof so it will get worn.

Andy

Goldie said:
The Xenons are very good and they have the LED lights built in and come with washers - not heated. Monster mats with another mat to cover the central area. In the Beach you stand there to open the roof so it will get worn.

Andy

ye i did consider the xenons but i can't justify the £1200 as an option, maybe on the next one! i thought the LEDs were a good compromise aesthetically and financially at £350 fitted. plus aren't the xenons very expensive to repair/replace?

as regards mats - I've seen the milan anthracite photos on here and noticed the interior is darker than the takato, having just had a demo beach out last weekend with the takato i couldn't help but think that it was utter madness to have such a light coloured carpet on the floor of a vehicle that many will use for mountain climbing/rambling/fishing/surfing etc surely it doesn't survive long with muddy feet even with mats in place. personally i don't see the reason for carpet in the front at all - why not continue the rubber from the back the way they do on the transporter?

I'd urge you to consider VW's comfort mattress for lower bed. The three seater is incredibly uneven unlike the 2 seated reach bench.

You'll need to put something down to use it as a bed as I discovered...calling it a bed is a bit generous. It's far from a sleeping surface without something it. Fortunately I ordered the mattress and I'm relieved I did.

Congratulations on your purchase. It's a great vehicle.

Thanks I plan on getting some sort of mattress but baulk at paying for the factory vw option, are there any more reasonable options?

Got my build date as week 19 so dealer reckons it'll be 2nd May delivery. Getting excited now!

Btw has anyone removed the standard radio and retrofitted the rns510? Quick look online physically looks very easy to change but I am unclear as regards the vagcom programming, do all beaches come factory wired to allow any vw specific radio to work ie Bluetooth/parking sensors visuals/mfsw? Or will it need to be recoded if I buy one off eBay?

thesquirrelpatrol said:
Thanks I plan on getting some sort of mattress but baulk at paying for the factory vw option, are there any more reasonable options?

Got my build date as week 19 so dealer reckons it'll be 2nd May delivery. Getting excited now!

Btw has anyone removed the standard radio and retrofitted the rns510? Quick look online physically looks very easy to change but I am unclear as regards the vagcom programming, do all beaches come factory wired to allow any vw specific radio to work ie Bluetooth/parking sensors visuals/mfsw? Or will it need to be recoded if I buy one off eBay?

it's straightforward to fir the 510 into the Beach/Cali SE, a fair few owners have done it, you could put the 510 in and not have coded to the vehicle, then you'd lose the integration, so no directions on the DIS for example.

It's all down to control modules (please correct me if required) are fitted as regards to retro fitting.

Not sure about the recoding - ask Stu on here for more specifics.

James

Back