Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEW Awning Panels

Bobby D

Bobby D

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
I know many of us have LWB Californias or the 3M Awnings with 2.5M projection canopies. Now the Brandrup and Outwell fallcrest range work a treat for a front and side panel configuration but leave us LWB Cali models a bit errr...short.

Luckily a place in Wales now makes panels for both types of Vans/Awnings 2.6M and 3M for the Cali. (they also do the bigger vans)

Excellent quality and service from them too, I've had the full set of front panel for my California with the 3M awning. Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 13.00.50.png

Curious why they spec 228cm for a 'LWB' T5/6 conversion? The standard SWB T6 awning width is 240cm.

Curious why they spec 228cm for a 'LWB' T5/6 conversion? The standard SWB T6 awning width is 240cm.
Projection for the side panels. Standard Projection for a SWB awning is 2M, so the side panels on a SWB model will be about 1.8M I think.

On a LWB with a 3M awning the projection from the Van is 2.5 so not only longer but come out further too, thus the side panels are near 2.3M rather than 1.8M.

The Brandrup/Outwell and Comfortz are the same...too short for the Bigger Californias

Tried to buy those ages ago as I wanted to buy UK manufactured but they were out of stock forever. Took so long ended up with the Outwell ones.

Projection for the side panels. Standard Projection for a SWB awning is 2M, so the side panels on a SWB model will be about 1.8M I think.

On a LWB with a 3M awning the projection from the Van is 2.5 so not only longer but come out further too, thus the side panels are near 2.3M rather than 1.8M.

The Brandrup/Outwell and Comfortz are the same...too short for the Bigger Californias
Ah OK, I only saw the front panel in the photo and thought we were talking about that.