Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New and learning

Andy Bower

Andy Bower

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hello All,

Well we have finally done it and just purchased a second hand T5 California. With kids at the ages of 4 and 2 we could not think of a better way to have adventures and explore Europe whilst we are based in Amsterdam (we are a Yorkshire born family).

Great threads and much advise on this forum so thank you all.

Van arrives just before we depart for the UK for Christmas so makes sense to test out overnight - hopefully the weather won’t put the family off future trips.

I see much advise about staying near the euro tunnel (French side) but does anyone have any tips for where we can arrive late but has facilities? Guess a campsite with late arrival would be ideal..... tips welcome to make our first night a success for all!

Cheers,
Andy

Welcome allong , best way to learn is to use the Cali ... go on a one-overnighter closeby or even on your driveway.
Where did you bougth your 2nd hand from ?
Looks like it had a roof-repair done as the blue canvas was not original on the T5 , i just got one fitted as my roof has been done by Camper Centrum Nederland in Amersfoort.

thanks!

Getting the van from Camper Centrum Nederland in Amersfoort, the have known the van from new and offer a good service (I’m sure you pay a little premium). Will ask for details on why they changed the pop top. Thanks for tips.

Andy

Welcome aboard
Might be worth posting a separate question about the Calais campsite as you haven’t had any replies (sorry I can’t help with that but hope you enjoy your first trip)!

Welcome!

Always worth paying a bit oif a premium to buy used from a good dealer - I did that too.