Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

Anyone with a similar spec/age Beach who can compare new price versus this one?

They have this as well. Looks like they found it on Thetford ranges.

1615471444918.png

Interesting positioning of the multiplex board, or is it supposed to be a drop leaf table?

Bought in Jan 2017. It"s on 22000 miles now.

Attachments

• Beach 2017.pdf
    141.5 KB · Views: 20
saa was

If they got a decent discount, it would of been cheaper than that when it was new in 2017. If that’s what you mean?

saa was

If they got a decent discount, it would of been cheaper than that when it was new in 2017. If that’s what you mean?
Same spec?

Is that what you are trying to figure out?? What would have been the list price in 2017 when it was new?

It has the standard dash, no parking heater, no heated seats, basic headlights and standard 16” Alloys. My complete guess would be around 43-44k new with a decent discount.

Just checked, the OTR of a standard 150 DSG Beach in 2017 was £44,577.

Last edited:
Is that what you are trying to figure out?? What would have been the list price in 2017 when it was new?

It has the standard dash, no parking heater, no heated seats, basic headlights and standard 16” Alloys. My complete guess would be around 43-44k new with a decent discount.

Just checked, the OTR of a standard 150 DSG Beach in 2017 was £44,577.
Ignoring unknown discounts.
Just looking at what depreciation is on an example.
Looks neglible if not taking trade in price into the calculation.

Wowsers.

Our 150 Beach is same age, colour, lower mileage, higher spec (parking heater, towbar, etc) albeit 2 seat bench. Manual not DSG so this one would be dearer on that factor.

Bottom line is I would have to pay £5500 to trade "up" from what I paid 3 new years ago. Ok this ones not sold at that price yet but I guess it will sell to someone who negotiates a grand off or so. Covid tax is real.

I was browsing through some old photos and found a screenshot of a WeBuyAnyCar.com valuation from March 2018.

It gave my T6 Beach first registered March 2017 with 25,000 miles on the clock a valuation of £28,730.

A new valuation with 63,000 miles on the clock is £30,315.

My vehicle is gaining £500 per year in value, or 4p per mile.

I must drive more...

View attachment 74431

View attachment 74432

2 months later, 1,500 miles and another £4,190 to the value of Amarillo.

4e017ec65c6dd4a416c172e969c3555f.jpg

Tried the we buy any car app and it put my 2019 ocean down as a beach ! It falls within that weird registration period were they were being classified as MPVs

Just put mine in.
£48k
I’m hitting £2k loss per year according to WBAC

Would be interesting to see what value a 3-6 month Cali would be.
I’m guessing the loss would be much bigger...?

If bought with a decent discount no loss a small profit. If you want delivery this summer there are no new vans now available with a discount.

They’ve offered 46k for my 6week old T6.1 Beach!

Just £2400 more than my old 2018 Beach, must be because my new one has a parking heater!!

Just £2400 more than my old 2018 Beach, must be because my new one has a parking heater!!
That's wierd as I just got an offer of 47500 for my Dec 2019 beach. They must assume you are desperate as it is so new

So what’s the loss on a 6 week van...?

I just tried it and got offered £50,375 for my 4 month old 2K miles Coast, that would show me a 2.7K loss. Had a quick look on Autotrader, they only have a 1 Coast (pre reg) and that is up for £60k.

I valued my 2012 SE about 18 months ago (pre-COVID) on WBAC and it came up at just over £25k. Over the weekend did it again and was offered just over £35k. Crazy.

Back