Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Need to replace broken interior lights

P

paulgladding

VIP Member
Hi
Two of the interior lights on my 2012 Beach have stopped working. I thought it would be an easy job but now I've popped the cover off I'm not sure what to do. There seems to be an array of LEDs on a board. I've attached some photos. Does anyone know where I can get replacements and how to remove the old ones and fit the new ones?
Cheers.

20210726_195639.jpg

20210726_195530.jpg

Hi
Two of the interior lights on my 2012 Beach have stopped working. I thought it would be an easy job but now I've popped the cover off I'm not sure what to do. There seems to be an array of LEDs on a board. I've attached some photos. Does anyone know where I can get replacements and how to remove the old ones and fit the new ones?
Cheers.

View attachment 82061

View attachment 82062
This is a new one. Not seen this failure mentioned before. Did both lights fail at the same time? If they did then check fuses.
Easiest fix is replacement units from VW. Or try Forum shop.
Otherwise you would have to source replacement circuit boards and be handy with a soldering iron.

This is a new one. Not seen this failure mentioned before. Did both lights fail at the same time? If they did then check fuses.
Easiest fix is replacement units from VW. Or try Forum shop.
Otherwise you would have to source replacement circuit boards and be handy with a soldering iron.
Good question about lights failing at the same time - sorry I should have said - 4 of the 6 internal lights are working. The small internal light that has stopped working is the one at the back and the large one is over the window opposite the sliding door. The two small lights either side of the large one are working.
I'll contact my local VW parts supplier and see what price they quote.

Is the LED module easy to remove? If so you could swap a good for a bad one to confirm that it is indeed a problem with the LED. At least for the little one.

Is the LED module easy to remove? If so you could swap a good for a bad one to confirm that it is indeed a problem with the LED. At least for the little one.
Good idea. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to remove the module so I'm hoping someone can show me how to.

Hi Wesel
I finally found out that the whole light unit can be removed and then unclipped from the power cable. I then moved the bad light to a location that was working and the light worked! So obviously not a light problem. After a little bit of research and trial and error I found a blue 15a fuse under the front passenger seat that had blown. Swapped it with another 15a fuse and the lights worked.
Thanks for your help.

Kernow transporters on a well known multi coloured auction site £20 each
Search :
VW T5 FACELIFT CALIFORNIA INTERIOR LED LIGHT 7E7947295A GENUINE

Back