Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Need to order this week but can’t decide

M

MicA

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
So we are ordering our new Cali Ocean this coming week but we just cannot decide on colour.
Options are:
Deep Black pearl or Reflex Silver metallic.

I love black when’s it’s clean and it looks cool but I know it shows the dirt easily.
We consider reflex silver as the safe option as it will look clean even when it’s dirty.

Considering it will only be used for trips away, weekends and holidays, and not as a daily driver. What do you guys think we should do?

I’ve been searching for hours now for pictures of both options and I can appreciate the pros and cons of both.
Aaarrggghhh sooo confused.
Cheers.
Mic

So we are ordering our new Cali Ocean this coming week but we just cannot decide on colour.
Options are:
Deep Black pearl or Reflex Silver metallic.

I love black when’s it’s clean and it looks cool but I know it shows the dirt easily.
We consider reflex silver as the safe option as it will look clean even when it’s dirty.

Considering it will only be used for trips away, weekends and holidays, and not as a daily driver. What do you guys think we should do?

I’ve been searching for hours now for pictures of both options and I can appreciate the pros and cons of both.
Aaarrggghhh sooo confused.
Cheers.
Mic

Go with your heart.... As a Camper is a "fun" vehicle, being sensible "letting your head make all the decisions" isn't necessarily the right steer. Yes, be sensible with your daily driver/company car.... But for a Camper, pick what you like, and don't worry about it being the most neutral decision.

As you may have guessed, between the two.... I'd go for Deep Black!

You'll be happy with either I'm sure tho..... So you could always just flick a coin.

If you are going to be using it for what it's designed for, camping, then it's going to get dirty and unless you steer clear of small campsites, farms, CLs etc you are bound to pick up surface scratches. Black is probably not the most practical but looks good. Afraid it's sensible silver for me!

Go for Indium Grey - its almost in between ;-)

The beige is lovely but I've got Indium Grey. Currently very dirty...love it tho.

Prob should add didn't have any thoughts on the black or silver, get what you really want!

If I was you I would go for grey as it does not show the dirt and scratches, I would avoid black at all costs, worst decision I ever made was having black. Silver is OK but a bit too safe.

If it was me ordering I would go candy white in my view the best colour and no extra cost

Do they offer Magnolia? If you really want to play safe;)!

I should mention we have close friends who have a white and a dark grey and a blue. We don’t want to have the same.
Just a personal thing. Haha. Otherwise we’d have gone for dark grey.
Silver with black awning and the black diamond cut 18” Toluca wheels is currently slightly ahead of the black.
The van will be 4 motion and dsg with many other options.
Can’t wait! But need to decide before our heads explode
Thanks!

I agree that Silver is a great way to go.
I asked a similar question a while back but I'd already ruled out Silver on the basis that my last 3000 (OK 5) cars were silver :D or grey.
Mind you I couldn't really get too far past these colours and ended up ordering Mojave. A colour that I would not have ordered but for 2 reasons...
I hired a T6 in this colour and it's really not beige honestly.
I hired a T6 in this colour and it looked classy without showing too much dirt.
But if you haven't had silver and got bored with it go for it!!! If I had to choose again it would be silver, a Cali loks great in silver. I was just trying to break the habit.

Seen very few Silvers on my travels, so go for that as it's more exclusive :)

Colour is such a hard choice. I would not worry what my close friends have - get different wheels and go faster stripes if you are worried about getting in the wrong van in the middle of the night on the way back from the loo.
Make a list
  • Yes colours
  • No colours
Then you have a short list ---then review your short list

I like the yellow but only on the beach no the ocean.
some colours are just boaring -will not name them as may up set owners with silver vans.
some colours contraversal - blackberry fell into this just like "marmite"
some colours hard to clean - only ever had one black car never again.
some colours silly extra cost - Oxo white or whatever it is called.
2 colour van look great but again the cost.

Go for what YOU & your family like it is your van.

like you said .... love black and it's cool !

From a practical point of view... light colour for travel in south of France and Spain... Stays cooler.. Stays cleaner.... Mines great in near 40 degrees.....

From a NE point of view Black & White... NOT any RED...

Having had black cars and found that in reality there isn't must difference in a dirty car/van whatever the colour but when you clean black one and it sparkles, especially with pearlescent paint, you get a sense of having accomplished something. Grey is grey is grey.;)

A-Team_A.jpg