Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEC Motorhme and Caravan show

Shane Bennett

Shane Bennett

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Anyone else headed to the NEC for the motorhome and caravan show? We plan to head up for the day on Saturday. Let us know it would be nice to meet some people from the club.

Last edited:
Is anyone else at the show tomorrow? Shane and I will be there. Looking forward to the VW exhibit and we can drool over all the accessories before we pick ours up tomorrow!!!

Yup me and me wife there. I always wear a Volkswagen cap ... so maybe easy to spot me. Say hello if you see :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We'll be there too with our 2yr old daughter and my dad, probably pushing an empty red pushchair and dragging a little girl in the opposite direction to the one she wants to go in. Do say Hi :)

We will be there tomorrow to look at some big whites ready for 2019

Drove to the NEC yesterday in our Cali. There are some very nice vans on display. Loads of T6.1 conversions and even more Grand California size vans.
The Westfalia Sven Hendin they have on show is lovely but at £91,500 it should be. Quite a few very similar vans with almost identical internal layouts for a lot less dosh. Couldn’t find any hanging space in the Sven which is surprising for a big van. Have a few brochures to plough through.

View attachment IMG_0139.jpeg

View attachment IMG_0138.jpeg

View attachment IMG_0140.jpeg

Drove to the NEC yesterday in our Cali. There are some very nice vans on display. Loads of T6.1 conversions and even more Grand California size vans.
The Westfalia Sven Hendin they have on show is lovely but at £91,500 it should be. Quite a few very similar vans with almost identical internal layouts for a lot less dosh. Couldn’t find any hanging space in the Sven which is surprising for a big van. Have a few brochures to plough through.

View attachment 115610

View attachment 115611

View attachment 115612
Will and Sarah are gonna love it. They must be on tenterhooks with the imminent arrival of their SH.

View attachment 115610

View attachment 115611

View attachment 115612

If that van had a Poptop, I would order one tomorrow…

There for the day tomorrow. Looking at going a bit bigger than the Cali, or getting a new Cali, or keeping our current van. Don’t know what we’re doing tbh!

I use our Cali as a daily drive (although I don’t use it every day), so a big consideration for us is size and ease of everyday use. We’re limited for parking space where we are but are looking to move house. If we end up with more available parking we’ll go larger than the Cali and I’ll get a small car. Can’t rely on my wife’s car always being available.

View attachment 115610

View attachment 115611

View attachment 115612
Did you get any interior pics ?
Very very nice looking machine
Dream machine

@larrylamb how was the show…?
Anything worth sniffing out?
I hear the CJ Leisure van is pretty mint and worth a look. Although £145k.

Going to drop the little one off at school and shoot over to the show

Nice to see new ideas and fresh materials on their vans, very nice but too rich for me .
As GG said, most layouts are pretty identical and the ones with the most space don't have the rear travelling seats. Sven H was nice but not sure it's worth more than an equivalent. I liked the Hymers (incoming price rise next month btw). There's some v big waiting times and prices on these vans. I wish i liked the GC as it's good value but so many things are poor on it, space and cupboard storage etc.
For yourself I think a conversion to your spec is the way to go for sure. Jerba stand has a crafter with a virtual reality setup to show their layouts, think they could help you out and they have a good name.
One thing i noticed between the Crafter and MAN vans was the MAN rear bumper has an inbuilt recessed step which is very useful stepping out of the rear whereas the Crafter has just a solid bumper.

@larrylamb how was the show…?
Anything worth sniffing out?

Going to drop the little one off at school and shoot over to the show
Traffic nightmare getting in and out!
CJ vans nice and different, couple of interesting converters around and all the usual suspects. Quality appears to come at a price. Enjoy your day.

One thing i noticed between the Crafter and MAN vans was the MAN rear bumper has an inbuilt recessed step which is very useful stepping out of the rear whereas the Crafter has just a solid bumper.
Its a £274 option on a crafter.

Back